• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Umtiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Umtiti is most definitely better than Chambers, and significantly so.
But for 50 million + big wages and a dodgy knee, I'll pass. We don't have the resources to gamble with a player like that. We've already got enough expensive deadwood in the side as it is.

I'd only take him on loan with option so we can assess his situation injury wise over a season.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I'd only take him on loan with option so we can assess his situation injury wise over a season.

The problem with that is we would be kind of writing off the center back positions for this season. With every single CB we have except Sokratis either having fitness issues, wanting to go or their capabilities not clear, we can't afford to be assessing Umtiti. Besides his injury troubles, even if he doesn't get injured, how long he has been out and the type of injuries he has had, it is almost guaranteed he will need time to get back to his best. Add adapting to a new team and league and we are really asking for everything to align for him to be able to improve us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Have we even been properly linked to Umtiti in a while? I can't really see it happening, Barca aren't exactly loaded with CB's. If I were them it'd make no sense to let him go unless they're planning on bringing in a couple of CB's in the next few weeks.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The problem with that is we would be kind of writing off the center back positions for this season. With every single CB we have except Sokratis either having fitness issues, wanting to go or their capabilities not clear, we can't afford to be assessing Umtiti. Besides his injury troubles, even if he doesn't get injured, how long he has been out and the type of injuries he has had, it is almost guaranteed he will need time to get back to his best. Add adapting to a new team and league and we are really asking for everything to align for him to be able to improve us.

It would be the exact same scenario as getting someone like Rugani in on loan. Having Umtiti to play whilst Holding gets back to fitness would be superb.

Every player from a different league would take time to adapt, its an unknown at the end of the day. Buying from within the league will be impossible for us now. We have to go abroad.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Unless Barca are going for Neymar this window. If they need to raise funds / clear wages thats probably when you could pick up a Umtiti / Coutinho.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Umtiti is most definitely better than Chambers, and significantly so.
But for 50 million + big wages and a dodgy knee, I'll pass. We don't have the resources to gamble with a player like that. We've already got enough expensive deadwood in the side as it is.

Mustafi is worse then a gamble so...

Malky

Established Member
Can't say I was convinced about Umtiti but unfortunately it looks like 'Rugani or bust' for CB now, unless the club pulls another surprise!

liam1om

Quite incredible really. Our defence was terrible last year, with just a few days left of the transfer window we've actually managed to make it worse with Koscielny leaving.

Yes, the Pepe purchase was great and we did really need a winger, but to not have added to the defence this year is poor.

Really hope they pull something out the bag, otherwise this season will be a struggle again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom