• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Doubt DC will pay for him. They signed Rooney on a free transfer and that was the only way they could pay him even the 2.5m or whatever he made there. If they want to get Özil they'll need to pay him at least that much so I would think they are hoping to get him at the end of his contract here. Unless we let him go for peanuts.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Doubt DC will pay for him. They signed Rooney on a free transfer and that was the only way they could pay him even the 2.5m or whatever he made there. If they want to get Özil they'll need to pay him at least that much so I would think they are hoping to get him at the end of his contract here. Unless we let him go for peanuts.

What's the max contract you can get in MLS?

blaze_of_glory

What's the max contract you can get in MLS?
Players sign to the league and the team, and most contracts are paid from common funds/revenue sharing (hence the salary caps). So there's some limit that the league will pay but I can't remember what it is. However, Designated Players can go beyond that and beyond the team salary cap with funds from their own franchise/owners. So there's not really a limit on individual player salary if they are a Designated Player, but I just don't think DC will put up a ton of cash to get him if they are already going to need to pay him enough to tempt him there.

@Slartibartfast might know more than me.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Can't really see Özil wanting to go to DC. La, Las Vegas, Miami, NY, Toronto etc is more up his alley I'd think.

DC united already have 3 designated players, they cant sign Özil. Besides, players need to first sign with the league before they land in a team. Close thread.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

The league might assist with the transfer fee like they have with certain past designated players.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that's a good point, could see that happening in January actually.
Would prefer if we could somehow ship him to China because it would be far more lucrative though. Think Özil would help the MLS massively, he’s the third most followed footballer if I can remember correctly.

blaze_of_glory

Would prefer if we could somehow ship him to China because it would be far more lucrative though. Think Özil would help the MLS massively, he’s the third most followed footballer if I can remember correctly.
Yeah I doubt he'd want to go to China. MLS would be far more comfortable if he's thinking of starting a family, etc. He'd be the exact profile of player the league would like to attract as well.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
DC united already have 3 designated players, they cant sign Özil. Besides, players need to first sign with the league before they land in a team. Close thread.

Just like Dempsey the league will pull some strings to get him where he wants to go if he wants to join on some “a rising tide lifts all boats” stuff to justify it to all the other MLS clubs why they are bending their rules. MLS wouldnt think twice to doing what they needed to do to get Özil in their league.

Plus since the league also has a closed shop on Adidas sponsorship maybe/hopefully they can pull some strings on image rights to get him some money to help entice him aswell.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The idea developed during a 48hr Fortnite session!

GettyImages-147103198-1024x682.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom