• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He has killer distribution though. We have zero at the back as we speak. Also no hesitation to hit the ball in the stands.

From shedend:

We will not build from the back without him against teams who press high. Rudiger can play that football but not as well. I can't believe this is going on to be honest. Hope it is all smoke and mirrors. We can't lose our ball playing center back to a direct rival. We'd be doing a massive favour to Arsenal.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
To be fair so was Lich last year. And it´s not like Xhaka was our first choice LB.

Injuries/suspensions at Sokratis and Holding and we have Luiz/Mustafi starting.
still better than Xhaka and Mustafi starting

Gunner-Union

Seems like a desperation signing and they have not worked out too well recently. He can ball play but he’s not the best defender and yes a cb who can pass is great but he need to be a good at defending as that’s his main job and imo Luiz is not that. Happy to be proved wrong and if he comes I hope he does great

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
What are the chances we sign both him and Rugani and move him further forward to take Xhakas spot and provide extra cover in defence? He played there for Chelsea for a while way back i think. Got the passing range for it, and the defensive side down. Not sure how i feel about another season of Xhaka starting every game.

KingVerse

I remember when I saw Guendozi play last season I kept thinking "wait, when did we sign Luiz!?!?" if this happens, this season´ll be difficult.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

There are some fantastic defenders at smaller clubs in the PL, and Championship but they aren't ball players and it's reasons top clubs don't go after them.

It's modern football now.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I can already see the likes of Gary Neville and Graeme Souness tearing into David Luiz before the season has started.

He’ll be targeted, along with Özil whenever we lose.

Uncle Good-Advice

Like I said before, he will do the job for the time being. Hopefully with CL next season we can attract another, better CB long-term. And then sell Luiz to China through Joorabchian's contacts along with Özil just like **** did with Oscar and Ramires.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Luiz is an acceptable signing, if it isn't too expensive. I rate him in general and I wanted him before, but not really sure, if it's 20m pounds and a 3 year contract. Heavy stuff.

Want a big CB signing next season

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I feel like this might work out really well. We have been crying out for some decent distribution at the back. One of the most bitter things when watching Arsenal is when we get pinned at the back and are forced in to so many pressure passes that you just know the big error is coming.

I think Luiz will help in this way, as well as being better than mustafi in every way.

Reactions: roz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom