• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Bovine fecal matter you do

Why am I the only One calling out Monreal?

Is Xhakaa 100% No, nobody is
But His flaws are mostly due to innane formations/tactics and headless chicken teammates.

El neny hardly puts a foot wrong but he doesnt för anything either

If Xhaka misses a pass it is often as much of a fault by the recipient to, but Xhaka gets all the hate, you look for faults in Xhaka so much you dont see the big picture
If Xhaka misses a pass it's usually a clear counter against our defence with no protection for them. I think we were quite lucky with the small number of goals we conceded due to his mistakes, but the panic he spreads is something that worries me more when watching him.
For example, Leno is more confident with passing the ball to Douzi or Willock than to Xhaka. Nobody wants Xhaka on the ball close to our box but the position he plays requires competence on the ball and trust from his teammates, and Xhaka has none of those.
We've been discussing this for 3 years now but finally we have players who can easily replace him and instantly improve our midfield.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
source.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What I don't get with yeahbees complete devotion to Xhaka is that his sign up date on here suggest he seen some of our best teams containing top midfielders :lol:
He's got a bodybuilder fetish. Only thing he remembers about Vieira and co was how physical they were. He likes physical players rather than technicians. Xhaka is quite tall and relatively physical compared to most of our midfield. Makes sense why he likes him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's got a bodybuilder fetish. Only thing he remembers about Vieira and co was how physical they were. He likes physical players rather than technicians. Xhaka is quite tall and relatively physical compared to most of our midfield. Makes sense why he likes him.
But physical in what way? He can't cover a lot of ground, has lack of pace and agility and I've actually never seen him bullying other midfielders to win the ball.
The question is, what is he good at in that case?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
But physical in what way? He can't cover a lot of ground, has lack of pace and agility and I've actually never seen him bullying other midfielders to win the ball.
I guess because he's good at fouling?

Oh-Zeal

Now is a good time to be happy with what's happening at the club. Heading for the new season, we need to back and support the coach and players in every way possible. Arsenal is broken and when Xhaka came into the team, it was not even clear about his best position. Xhaka is a pro. Before he came to Arsenal, teams were on to him. I see the faults yes but as fans, most of the time, we expect things we'll never get from. We know his slow, we know he can't swivel away when facing his own goal, the list goes on and on.

Xhaka is a special player. His one of those players you need to build around to allow him to sit as a creative no.6. We have a lot of 'special' players that don't have a system in place for. Ramsey was a special case.. People demanded what they were never going to get from him. We need to be careful with Torreira as well because his another 6, not an 8.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What I don't get with yeahbees complete devotion to Xhaka is that his sign up date on here suggest he seen some of our best teams containing top midfielders :lol:

It is not even devotion

It is just lack of hate

He is not an allrounder , we lack any midfielders that I think are enough to be fielded in a 2man midfield

Hence why I want us to play a 3man midfield
Xhaka torreira and a very mobile guy (that might be Dani, Joe or Gwen

Such a midfield completes each other well.

Start of last season Xhaka had a distinct improvement with just torreira, even the haters gotta admit that.

Xhaka freed Up even more will only make a greater improvement imo

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Size, which has shown itself in the Numbers for midfield headers...

His Main role isnt to be the ballwinner but he does His fair share of it and he is more often than not succesful

And he is positionally sound

With a 3men midfield he wont be as exposed as playing with Ramsey or only torreira left him, he Will get more time and options for His Long Range game

And can participate more offensivly and actually shoot!

OSBK

Established Member
Size, which has shown itself in the Numbers for midfield headers...

His Main role isnt to be the ballwinner but he does His fair share of it and he is more often than not succesful

And he is positionally sound

With a 3men midfield he wont be as exposed as playing with Ramsey or only torreira left him, he Will get more time and options for His Long Range game

And can participate more offensivly and actually shoot!

Yup

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Since when is Xhaka positionally sound?

Watched him a fair bit at Gladbach and he was the same back then as he is now, average positionally and making a lot of silly fouls because of his slow feet. Had hoped he would improve on that, but he really hasn't. Should be his last season here.

OSBK

Established Member

Watched him a fair bit at Gladbach and he was the same back then as he is now, average positionally and making a lot of silly fouls because of his slow feet. Had hoped he would improve on that, but he really hasn't. Should be his last season here.

I think the real question is when was our team last positionally sound...

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Saw how sound his positioning was, in the pre-season.
When defending, he tries his best to stay away from danger zone so that he doesn't have to shoulder responsibility. When attacking, he was hardly in a position to receive ball from Leno/defense. Willock was brave enough to get the ball and take on players while this ***** was hiding and making a quick return pass back to Leno whenever he received the ball.

Everyone keeps saying that the team should change formation for this guy. For what? What exactly is he offering that makes these people want Arsenal to play an extra midfielder just for the sake of accomodating him? None of his skills are useful for our team. It's like wanting to play three at the back so that Mustafi will get more cover.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Saw how sound his positioning was, in the pre-season.
When defending, he tries his best to stay away from danger zone so that he doesn't have to shoulder responsibility.

So now you are talking about Monreal?

When attacking, he was hardly in a position to receive ball from Leno/defense. Willock was brave enough to get the ball and take on players while this ***** was hiding and making a quick return pass back to Leno whenever he received the ball.

Everyone keeps saying that the team should change formation for this guy. For what? What exactly is he offering that makes these people want Arsenal to play an extra midfielder just for the sake of accomodating him? None of his skills are useful for our team. It's like wanting to play three at the back so that Mustafi will get more cover.

I dont see what you see, and dont think he or any CM gotta move the way you describe, I want us to be flexible enough so that we can be more flexible in how we build up play. It requires good movement and options (other teammates moving), if the team fails do that how can you lay sole blame att Xhakas feet?

I dont wanna change formation to suit him.

I wanna change formation to suit the TEAM!

We do not have the cms to play 4231, we simply dont. Any of our cms alone with an ACM infront run much too high of a risk of being overrun and overpowered.

So Özil or anyone given that precious free ACM role is out of the question for me.

A 433 will liberate our wingers more to, great for Auba and Pepe!

A flat 3 man midfield caters best to our needs, easier for our youngbloods in CM roles to. We can integrite Xhaka with his strengths and negating His weaknesses, torreira gets to focus on the sweeping up, playing to his strength and any offensive runs are just a bonus.
The third guy gets to be the more mobile one but not as free as an özil-esque ACM. Ceballos seems good enough, offensive with decent defensive input...

3 men midfield will stand up better to bullying.

And we dont fall apart when we have to rotate any of three, ( apart from maybe a role for role replacement for torreira...) So easy to blood our youngsters without exposing them too much which a 4231 2cm system does...

The sum is greater then its parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom