• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think Raul has actually transcended what we call a ‘****’. What this man is doing is more than the work of a big ****, he’s packing some kind of cannon/magical entity between his legs.

This guy started like 50 games for a CL team last season and is the best ball playing CB in the league and we’ve gotten him for 8M?

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Chelsea fans saying it will be good business for them if they sell for north of £30m ...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Luiz spreading balls to Tierney bombing down the left and Bellerin bombing down the right whilst Pepe, Auba and Lacazette await delivery.

source.gif

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
A CB pairing of Sokratis and Luiz is going to be interesting. They’re both reckless defenders.

You’ll either get a solid performance or a 0/10 + a red card.

Luiz is a very different player to the one who arrived in England. Think him and Sokratis would compliment each other quite well. Three yellow cards and 0,9 fouls per game last season.

GunnerUK

Really not felling this signing would of bit you’re arm off 3 yeas ago but not now.

But know this is happening he’ll be an Arsenal player tomorrow. Really wanted a solid CB to partner holding.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Clearly winger was our priority for this window. This will have to do.

Don't think he'll be a bad signing. Perfect seeing as we aren't going big.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I hope this means he comes to us determined to prove a point

His goal celebration for PSG against Chelsea a few years ago to knock them out at the bridge showed me that he has that vindictive streak about him that I like in players.

Hopefully he's got a bit more fire in him going into this season.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Just because one is cheap doesn't necessarily mean it's a good buy. We all know his qualities on the ball (fun to watch when his passing is on song), but we also know his clownish tendencies in defense (should fit right in in that respect).

Honestly hoping this is just smoke and mirrors for a bigger move, although I know it's unlikely at this point. God help us if we have to pair him with Mustafi at a certain point, which, with our injury issues, is a distinct possibility.

Would he be a better stopgap CB than Cahill (who I'd think would just be Silvestre mkII) who we've also been linked with? Different styles, but I assume he would, although that's not saying much these days.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Surely this must be some smokescreen for something bigger!

I think we have unfortunately run out of smokescreens (well smoke, as that is the only ingredient you need for a smokescreen). we used a lot of it near CP and Zaha when we were signing Pepe. The rest was used near Turin. We are in the open now, stark naked.

GunnerUK

Players who we’ve purchased from Chelsea in recent history or I care to remember.

Diarra
Gallas
Benayoun
Cech

None of them worth carrot and transfers we should of avoided like the plague.

Luiz is just a 5th Mistake waiting to happen

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It would really be odd if Chelsea sell him that cheap to us. They are under a ban, would be strengthening a direct rival. You would think they would make as hard as possible and make us pay extra to even consider it. This window has just been mad, everything is upside down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom