• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Alright chuck the 20min highlights against barely professional farmers at me.

I’m ready for it. I’m ready for it all.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

25m? So Raul really dragged his huge ballsack right over their faces during negotiations. How about that, Celtic fans.

Fitting post considering your avatar, was that an intentional reference or a coincidence?

Hooplehead

Hasn't Tierney's had the same hip injury 3 times now? plus his injury record in general isn't stellar.

If they keep him fit then this is dynamite business but the Debbie Downer in me is worried that he's likely to miss a decent amount of football.

Prove me wrong Scotsman
His injury record is actually good, he got his leg broken at 17, but that was from a tackle, he had his jaw broken in the Cup final but again that's from a collision so doesn't suggest being injury prone.

He's not had the hip injury 3 times, from what I was told it's the same issue that went undiagnosed for a long time that flared up from time to time when he was over worked(no one works harder), but even then it didn't actually keep him out the team until last season when it was properly diagnosed and he was prescribed rest, he played through it for years.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Glad you have somewhere to post while you're banned on here. The poll results from the Luiz thread are in...:lol:
You can’t ban me bro

A I still have that unbannable pass from you
B this is going to be the best deadline day ever, can feel it in my water. You wouldn’t be so cruel to make me sit this one out.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can’t ban me bro

A I still have that unbannable pass from you
B this is going to be the best deadline day ever, can feel it in my water. You wouldn’t be so cruel to make me sit this one out.
Weren’t you screaming the loudest to have my likes reset when @Aevi asked the forum?

Deal with it lad. See you on Friday x.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It's different, I knew 6 or 7 games into KT's career that we we're gonna have a lot of trouble holding onto him, he could have left much much earlier than this, he didn;t have to sign a 6 year contract 2 years ago(i'm sure his agent advised against it), but he did it coz he knew it would help Celtic get a good fee.

He's like Larsson in that he gave us more than we could have any right to expect for such a top player, he could already have 3x his net worth had he left earlier but he stayed coz he loved the club.

I scratch my head at the fans who thought he should stay his entire career, it's just not fair to expect that of him, it's not even about money, it's about proving to the world how good you are, and he has the right to do that.

It makes sense when you look at it in a rational way. But Fans look at things through emotions, and you can't really blame them. Whenever a good player leaves a club, it does feel like a sense of betrayal beacuse you have invested so much of your emotions and time in them.

Anyway players come and go. It is mostly a job for them

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The people have spoken. We send you 350 likes a week, let's send them to @Trilly instead.
Well if you must...let me just showcase my new tattoo first

5bw0qc5.jpeg

Reactions: A_G

Hooplehead

It makes sense when you look at it in a rational way. But Fans look at things through emotions, and you can't really blame them. Whenever a good player leaves a club, it does feel like a sense of betrayal beacuse you have invested so much of your emotions and time in them.

Anyway players come and go. It is mostly a job for them
I've certainly threw a few flakey's in my time, the manner in which you leave has an impact, Dembele last year rocked the boat big time and undermined our negotiating position, so I didn't exactly wish him well, although it has since came out that all was not as it seemed and Brendan broke promises so I don't really hold a grudge with big Moussa anymore.

The silver lining with this deal is that if he excels like I expect him too it will help us get a fairer(still wont be fair) price when some of our other best players eventually move on.

Guys like Ajer, Edouard, McGregor, Forrest, Christie, Johnston, Ntcham & Karamoko are all or will all be good enough to play at top 10 EPL teams one day and every success story will remove some of the trepidation teams have when signing a player from the SPFL and raise the glass ceiling in the process.

Hooplehead

All that does is kinda prove the point that many have said, his main motivation for leaving is money, and I don't blame him for that, no one should, he's too good to not be paid what he's worth and get the recognition his talent deserves, but he wont regard Arsenal as a bigger club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom