• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,467,355

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Who would you drop out of Lacca, PEA , Pepe, Özil and Ceballos to accomodate him? I Wouldn't drop any if them for him or Zaha.

We’ve got no cover up front at all if Nketiah goes on loan. If PEA goes on the wing it’s a massive risk we’d be left short up top.

You need a signing if Iwobi goes because it’s a huge ask for Saka and Nelson to do well enough on the flanks for an entire season.

Özil is done at the top level, hasn’t been consistently good for a year and a half and Ceballos is better in a deeper role imo.

Gunner-Union

dont like pea on the wing id rather he be cf with pepe one side and nelson/saka on the other or if we sign another winger lol

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Who would you drop out of Lacca, PEA , Pepe, Özil and Ceballos to accomodate him? I Wouldn't drop any if them for him or Zaha.

Probably Lacazette. PC PA NP as a front 3.

benjamin86

Established Member
luiz as a stop gap and also a big name cb possible?
Don't think so, i believe going after a big name CB was the main objective left but when it was clear they weren't available we were able to wrap up Tierney. Ornstein tweeted this earlier RE Tierney " Contact re-established this morning via Raul Sanllehi call to Peter Lawwell & deal swiftly concluded"

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We’ve got no cover up front at all if Nketiah goes on loan. If PEA goes on the wing it’s a massive risk we’d be left short up top.

You need a signing if Iwobi goes because it’s a huge ask for Saka and Nelson to do well enough on the flanks for an entire season.

Özil is done at the top level, hasn’t been consistently good for a year and a half and Ceballos is better in a deeper role imo.

If Lacca gets injured put PEA there. Nelson, Saka and Martinelli already talentes enough to fill in. Martinelli can also play CF.

I dont agree about Özil being finished at all (of not what does make for Coutinho who was as productive as Özil but for Barcelona against inferior opposition. Ceballos is brilliant in the the ACM role or CM, was great in the summer fornthe under 21s in the ACM role.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Lacca gets injured put PEA there. Nelson, Saka and Martinelli already talentes enough to fill in. Martinelli can also play CF.

I dont agree about Özil being finished at all (of not what does make for Coutinho who was as productive as Özil but for Barcelona against inferior opposition. Ceballos is brilliant in the the ACM role or CM, was great in the summer fornthe under 21s in the ACM role.

If Martinelli, Nelson and Saka are starting a lot of games this year that’s a struggle to make top four.

They may be talented but it’s unfair to expect them to be able to get us into the CL, they’re all kids.

We’ve got to look at a wide option imo if Iwobi goes. Saka and Nelson will still get plenty of game time.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It would be weird I think if we sold Iwobi for 40M and got Coutinho for a 30M loan.... I'm not sure I'd like that even if the difference in quality is ridiculous.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
If Martinelli starts up front in the premier league some **** like Dawson is going to sit on him. He won’t manage there at this age.

Only makes sense for Iwobi to go if someone else is coming in to replace him and the money is being reinvested. Otherwise keep.

benjamin86

Established Member
It would be weird I think if we sold Iwobi for 40M and got Coutinho for a 30M loan.... I'm not sure I'd like that even if the difference in quality is ridiculous.
I don't think it would be smart either... Stick the 40m in next years pot and go after a number 1 pick CB to pair with Saliba.

benjamin86

Established Member
dont foget we also need to get a cm whether its cabellos or someone else
True, we might need to spend 50m each on a CM and CB.

(I think Ceballos will likely go back to Madrid, he's real quality. Hopefully Willock learns as much as he can and can step up into his spot, that would be the dream!)

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Okay so could somebody round up what is going on at the moment? We're signing David Luiz and Tierney?
Neither are 100% complete, but basically inches away from being official.

Some would also suspect Mr. Big Dingus himself might pull out a little kinder surprise for us all as his final money shot.. Who knows?

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Neither are 100% complete, but basically inches away from being official.

Some would also suspect Mr. Big Dingus himself might pull out a little kinder surprise for us all as his final money shot.. Who knows?
All I can say is I'd be ecstatic with those two deals alone. I mean a really good highly experienced CB who has qualities we badly need and a top young LB. Anything else after that is just Raul showing off.

Iceman10

Established Member
Tierney:
Fee (w/ addons) agreed with Celtic, player wants to join Arsenal, terms with player appear to be agreed, around 75k/week. Virtually a done deal.

Luiz:
Lampard appears open to selling player, player wants to join Arsenal. Fee not agreed. Arsenal hoping for as low as 5m. Chelsea hoping for as high as 20m. If Arsenal feel Chelsea are making the deal too difficult they are prepared to proceed with backups, probably Rugani loan.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Interesting.. tomorrow is gonna be a good day, we hope.

I wonder if the entire Arsenal back office Executive group is up all night, eating Chinese take out in a board room and hashing out the next 12 hours or whatever. Makes you wonder..

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Tierney:
Fee (w/ addons) agreed with Celtic, player wants to join Arsenal, terms with player appear to be agreed, around 75k/week. Virtually a done deal.

Luiz:
Lampard appears open to selling player, player wants to join Arsenal. Fee not agreed. Arsenal hoping for as low as 5m. Chelsea hoping for as high as 20m. If Arsenal feel Chelsea are making the deal too difficult they are prepared to proceed with backups, probably Rugani loan.

Thanks! So we are headed towards a 10/10 window!!!!

Steps

Sitting here just thinking of our transfer window like:

5UCT32p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom