• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
An incredibly shrewd move. We have effectively swapped an injury-prone demotivated experienced Koscielny for a younger (albeit one year) experienced winner in Luiz. Improves our build-up, mentality and morale as well. Length of the contract is a bonus too. Weakens Chelsea (our main top 4 rivals) considerably.

This is evidently one of the benefits of us becoming pally again with the likes of Kia Joorabchian.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
An incredibly shrewd move. We have effectively swapped an injury-prone demotivated experienced Koscielny for a younger (albeit one year) experienced winner in Luiz. Improves our build-up, mentality and morale too. Length of the contract is a bonus too.

This is evidently one of the benefits of us becoming pally again with the likes of Kia Joorabchian.
2* years luiz born in 1987 kosh 1985;)

MikeVinna

Established Member
Underwhelming. I’ve seen the reasoning for a lot of you guys to get excited but I don’t share the sentiment. Probably to do with Luiz’ age after getting linked to younger CB’s.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Love this move. So much. Damn Chelsea, strengthen ourselves, i couldn't be much happier with this window.

Well played Raul. Making Ivan look pathetic!!!

Not that difficult to be honest but it certainly highlights what a football oriented executive is worth.

Milan must be ruing his appointment by the second :lol:

TornadoTed

Established Member
Not my first choice but,

Luiz is an upgrade on Kos, if for no other reason than his fitness.

It leaves Chelsea with Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and some youngsters so definitely weakens them.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
**** it, if it edges Mustafi nearer the door, I’m fully on board. £8m is loose change for a player who would do a better job in midfield than Xhaka and in defence, than Mustafi. Can compliment our attack as well. Best window since the one Dodi Fayed went crashing through imo.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think this is a good short-term move. He has a lot of PL experience, can fill in on DM at emergency situations and is great in the air.

Once Saliba comes next year, Raul will probably offload him to China for big money

But, a combination of Luiz and Sokratis could be a timebomb in our defence. They're both hot-headed and could be card magnets :)

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We could sell him to China for that next summer if we bring in another defender.
Him and Sokratis will both have a year left although I think we have an option to extend Sokratis by another year.

Chambers and one of those could go and get us a decent wedge. Also have Mavropanos who might leave permanently then.

Bergkamp1988

Always loved his mentality. He definitely has some weak points but he is a god damn fighter and a winner. We need more of these kind of guys. Plus I can see him work well with Sokratis.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

An incredibly shrewd move. We have effectively swapped an injury-prone demotivated experienced Koscielny for a younger (albeit one year) experienced winner in Luiz. Improves our build-up, mentality and morale as well. Length of the contract is a bonus too. Weakens Chelsea (our main top 4 rivals) considerably.

More importantly IMO this is the second player weve signed from a champions league qualified team*. Something that shouldnt happen players opting to move to a team that doesnt offer CL football.

*assuming the deal goes through and not including Tierney as Celtic still have qualifiers to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom