• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka66

After sleeping on it been a really good off season for us addressed issues in the team and have made some additions in defence. Luiz isn’t the best defender but is a solid addition for this season. Next season we need another CB, RB,CM. I think the fact that we getting rid of the dead wood speaks volumes of how well these last couple of weeks have been.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Was there any fallout between him and Emery while at PSG ?

I remember when he was sold to PSG for 50M, it seemed shady as ***.
Why was he sold soon after and brought back to Chelsea ?

Emery had issues with the Brazilian camp there: Thiago Silva, Neymar, Lucas so hopefully we don't see a repeat of that **** with Luiz here. He seems to be an abrasive personality that could cause problems in dressing room.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Emery had issues with the Brazilian camp there: Thiago Silva, Neymar, Lucas so hopefully we don't see a repeat of that **** with Luiz here. He seems to be an abrasive personality that could cause problems in dressing room.
Not at all. He was sold because psg got very big fee for him

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

They had to sell him because of FFP, he was one of the few player who could get them a decent fee.
And they also made room for Kimpembe who had his breakthrough season right after Luiz left.

pikey2000

If we can get this deal done we will have two aggressive CB's who are up for a fight, sure there will be some red cards flowing at times BUT that "soft core" people used to talk about is definitely a thing of the past

Luiz and Sok are both in your face, dirty tactics, physical in the tackle and Luiz can play a bit to, i think given the CB's available this summer this will be a good deal for us, IF we can get it over the line and Chelsea don't screw us late on

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka in a season of VAR will make for good watching. :lol:

No ones first choice but given the alternative is Mustafi...If nothing else it adds an excellent passer to the back four.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I pray this isn’t a disaster... but at only 8m and a 2 year deal what’s the worst that can happen

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
More importantly IMO this is the second player weve signed from a champions league qualified team*. Something that shouldnt happen players opting to move to a team that doesnt offer CL football.

*assuming the deal goes through and not including Tierney as Celtic still have qualifiers to play.
That is interesting indeed. He probably wants to have one trophy to his name that is not purchased with oil.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Just realised this means no Mustafi in match day squads. :drool:
Here we go!

tenor.gif

macka66

Sp**s splashing 30 million on someone from Fulham who was shocking last season while we spend the exact amount on a top LB and a talented Brazilian winger. Fair play Raul. You can sit back and relax for the rest of the day. Actually scrap that get rid of Mustafi and then have it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Another thing to say is that, for two clubs who generally hate each other's guts, Arsenal and Chelsea do a weirdly high amount of business with each other. Of all the big clubs in England I can't think of another pair who've exchanged as many players as these two clubs have. Is it just a coincidence? It's a strange one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom