• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Saw how sound his positioning was, in the pre-season.
When defending, he tries his best to stay away from danger zone so that he doesn't have to shoulder responsibility. .

Don't lie, defensively Xhaka is up there at the top with Arsenal defenders.

Less lies more truth people.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
So now you are talking about Monreal?

I dont see what you see, and dont think he or any CM gotta move the way you describe, I want us to be flexible enough so that we can be more flexible in how we build up play. It requires good movement and options (other teammates moving), if the team fails do that how can you lay sole blame att Xhakas feet?

I dont wanna change formation to suit him.

I wanna change formation to suit the TEAM!

We do not have the cms to play 4231, we simply dont. Any of our cms alone with an ACM infront run much too high of a risk of being overrun and overpowered.

So Özil or anyone given that precious free ACM role is out of the question for me.

A 433 will liberate our wingers more to, great for Auba and Pepe!

A flat 3 man midfield caters best to our needs, easier for our youngbloods in CM roles to. We can integrite Xhaka with his strengths and negating His weaknesses, torreira gets to focus on the sweeping up, playing to his strength and any offensive runs are just a bonus.
The third guy gets to be the more mobile one but not as free as an özil-esque ACM. Ceballos seems good enough, offensive with decent defensive input...

3 men midfield will stand up better to bullying.

And we dont fall apart when we have to rotate any of three, ( apart from maybe a role for role replacement for torreira...) So easy to blood our youngsters without exposing them too much which a 4231 2cm system does...

The sum is greater then its parts...
If the new formation works for our forwards, I am all in favour of it. But if it is a 3-man midfield, I would prefer a Torreira-willock-ceballos combination rather than putting Xhaka in there. And again, what exactly is Xhaka's strength? I could think of nothing other than the long ball. And those long balls have hardly been useful for us. Which of the top 4 teams depends on a midfielder playing long balls to help with their attack? It used to be West Ham's style of play. We want creative midfielders. And having another midfielder is not going to stop Xhaka from making mistakes. It is a mental thing. He is slow to react. If he is pressed, he will give away the ball.

We are better off having a Willock in his position. We could play Xhaka in Europa or some home matches where we will not be pressed.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
There was a podcast of Ornstein whio chatted with few of our players: Auba, Mkhi, Bellerin, Xhaka etc...
Ornstein impression was that Xhaka will be named next captain soon ;)

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
There was a podcast of Ornstein whio chatted with few of our players: Auba, Mkhi, Bellerin, Xhaka etc...

I think that much has been pretty obvious for weeks now. It begs the question why though. He not even guaranteed starter once everyone is on form.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
No, but with out midfield options it's not like that's a stretch.

Only handful of players you could say are nailed on to start every game

I mean no disrespect to you, I'll just trust our manager in such a simple decision. Maybe he knows what he wants from Xhaka and who has any chance of displacing him in the starting line-up.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I mean no disrespect to you, I'll just trust our manager in such a simple decision. Maybe he knows what he wants from Xhaka and who has any chance of displacing him in the starting line-up.

Well, I guess we'll see over the coming season.

Ceballos looks more than good enough to displace him. Places in the team are definitely up for grabs this year.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

listening to it now - worth it just for Auba - we and the team are so lucky to have him as a player and a man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom