• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
4-th,but it won't be easy and pressure will be on Emery.This is a crucial season for him.

We have better squad than Chelsea and United.We need better away form and not to lose against small teams and play good against teams like Lecetser,Wolves,Everton and WHU.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I hope one of Leicester/Everton/Wolves/West Ham can even sneak into the top 6 and push Chelsea or Utd out if they struggle. They all have building blocks to make a step up and have made some decent signings. West Ham quietly looks the best of the lot imo.

Then again, Leicester have lost Maguire without reinvesting the money (yet), Wolves haven't changed much and now have more games with the EL, Everton are always making the next step and never do, and West Ham always have something go wrong. So we'll see.

Think that Leciester and WHU can do better than last season.Rodgers is good manager and they have some quality players,their style of football is tricky for most teams.As for WHU,if they play better against smaller teams,they can in fight for Europe.

Agree,for Wolves and Everton.Wolves will have Europe and i dobut that they will repeat last season and Everton always missing something in recent seasons.

Underhill

We should be favourites for 4th. I think Sp**s did enough in this window to be ahead of us, but we have distanced ourselves from Chelsea(unless their academy players have insane breakthroughs) and United.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Squad:

Leno
Martinez

Bellerin
Maitland-Niles
Holding
Chambers
Luiz
Sokratis
Mavropanos
Monreal
Kolasinac
Tierney

Torreira
Xhaka
Willock
Guendouzi
Smith-Rowe
Ceballos
Özil

Saka
Nelson
Pepe
Martinelli
Lacazette
Aubameyang
Mkhitaryan

Expect Elneny and Mustafi to be sold.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Up to Emery now imo. The margins are small of course but still, not making top 4 with thosea players is a failure. Only some major injury crisis would be somewhat acceptable excuse.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We’ve kind of been given 4th by default but things never work out as they seem. I’m quietly confident but I wouldn’t go screaming top 4 from the rooftops.

We need to hope that no weird new manager/underdog effect happens at United and Chelsea. Very unlikely but I’ve seen stranger things happen.

Then we need to actually hope that our new signings gel. Assimilating four new starters is no easy feat, and guys like Tierney and Ceballos will really have to hit the ground running.

Lastly we really need to scrape some wins until Bellerin and Tierney are ready. They’re vital to Emery’s playstyle and the current players in those positions unfortunately happen to be huge liabilities.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I have voted third. I think we should do better than Man United and Chelsea. Chelsea does have some good youngsters coming back in, but they will take time to gel. Curious to see how Pulisic will do. United is still shambles in midfield and attack, so that should be fine.

I think Sp**s had a comparable summer to us, although we spread it out more and they got two massive signings. I do think they were quite fortunate last season and I don't know if they can emulate that form again. We were piss poor for a large part of the season and only trailed by one point.

At the same time, all our signings were rather late in the window, so it will take time for us to get going. Also, pretty much our entire first choice backline is currently injured. If we can do reasonably well in the first few months, I think we can beat them to third (injuries permitting).

I'm very optimistic at the moment.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Of course our target should be getting top 4 i don't think will be easy we have better squad yeah but it depend on our players to perform and start playing well away from home this is the vital part if we get better away we'll 90% finish 3rd at least.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Think Sp**s backline looks weak, expect us to battle (and win) for 3rd. Chelsea not a chance, united 5th

Will be difficult. We didnt address many of our issues. The defense will cost us again of we fail.

Im hoping for us tp slide into top4 by point or a two this season.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
At some we have to stop blaming individuals, refs or injuries, and get some lasting solutions in to fix the defense.

Offense is best form of defense and all that. But still, better communication within the lines for starters. Like when to track runners, when to keep a high line.

Let,s hope for calmer defenders and and injury free season. Rotation should help.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom