• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Is there anything to back this statement up or have you just plucked this from your anus?
I don't know, maybe the fact that he's a lazy bum that barely handles his defensive duties, so others have to work more so they can do them for him? If that doesn't make any sense to you, seeing him play all these years, then I don't know what to tell you other than that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Mesut is the Curro Romero of football.

Is this true?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/08/mesu...-deal-make-switch-arsenal-dc-united-10537734/

Drink up lads!!!

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
nah i remembered that this was an old thing tbh.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...brazil-world-cup-premier-league-a7405006.html

so Luiz might have actually said it. where did u read its a fake quote?

btw..

mEsUtS wAgEs aRe tHe ReAsOn wE cAn't sIgN aNy PlAyErS
Can’t find the tweet now but I’m pretty sure someone made it up for bants. That quote is real though.

Amazing how we’ve spent over 100m (and renewed Auba/Laca’s contracts?) when this guy is stealing 350 trillion/week. Unbelievable

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Amazing how we’ve spent over 100m (and renewed Auba/Laca’s contracts?) when this guy is stealing 350 trillion/week. Unbelievable
How does the club spending £100m and renewing the contracts of those two change the fact that we're not getting anything in return for his huge salary? Do you reckon we should also keep Mustafi and Elneny because we might well be able to afford it, or just shovel all the cash on a massive bonfire? Is this where you're at with the player now? 'We're spending money so it doesn't matter'? Jesus.
:rofl:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
How does the club spending £100m and renewing the contracts of those two change the fact that we're not getting anything in return for his huge salary? Do you reckon we should also keep Mustafi and Elneny because we might well be able to afford it, or just shovel all the cash on a massive bonfire? Is this where you're at with the player now? 'We're spending money so it doesn't matter'? Jesus.
:rofl:
Huh?

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I can't recall a single game where Brazil apologised to anyone for beating them. Celebrating wildly is what I recall.
Probably. I guess it's all down to individual choice. I prefer to be ruthless in competition, and gracious in both victory and defeat.

Problem is I'm not particularly good at anything other than gym, so it's an ethos with little outlet. Still think it's the decent thing.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well that was my first reaction...

The situation with the player has made you so removed from the actual football side of it--which is just as well--that you justify his place at the club by pointing out that we've spent money elsewhere... That's what you're doing, isn't it? If not, explain away... I know you wont, though, because you can't.

Iceman10

Established Member
Earlier on in the summer I wanted a top manager (TBD if that is what Emery is) to be decisive in either offloading Özil or committing to him. Was fine either way at that point.

I guess some here are with a school of thought that the way to force him out is to bench him, maybe so he feels he has no other option come the January window, or next summer. I hate continuation of a midde-way situation where there is uncertainty over him. I did change my vote from "don't know / don't care" to "No" (to being sold) with the incoming of Pepe. That was just a personal opinion. What the club has done is what the club has done (not offloaded, or unable to offload even if they wanted to), that's just the situation as is.

Personally I would give him a chance early in the season and if there aren't good signs after the first 5 or so PL fixtures I would then bench him. The problem is when he is benched there are adverse impacts from media speculation, etc., but if he starts off the season poorly the trade-off is we have to push him (and his wages) out regardless.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Well that was my first reaction...

The situation with the player has made you so removed from the actual football side of it--which is just as well--that you justify his place at the club by pointing out that we've spent money elsewhere... That's what you're doing, isn't it? If not, explain away... I know you wont, though, because you can't.
No
The narrative up until this summer transfer window was that Özil’s salary was keeping us from making big signings. We’ve now spent over 100m this summer proving all the people who bought the stories from the media wrong (unless he leaves before the transfer windows are closed in other countries ofc).

Not sure you where you’ve got all that other stuff from though. Probably making things up to get angry about once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom