• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good locking him down as Im hoping for 25-30 goal season from him.

But as I barely believe he is good enough for anything but 5-10th teams I hope its not high wages. We need to be able to sell if he fails.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Want more goals from him this season. Luckily it seems we don’t have to sell him/Auba to finance a deal for another star attacker. But his last goal return was somewhat disappointing.

Love that he’s got a knack for scoring in big games, but we need a bigger output from him now. 25 in all comps should do nicely.

Yeah , he has a bit to prove this year . Not sure he will get a lot of starts .

JoaoFelix

Yeah , he has a bit to prove this year . Not sure he will get a lot of starts .
Lol what? Some fans don’t understand his style is unique. Do you see Liverpool saying Firmino shouldn’t start ? No because they know what he brings to the team with his intelligence, link up and movement. Lacazette is the same type of player who makes others shines. I agree with you he should score a bit more but he’s unique plus auba is the true goalscorer in the team

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Lol what? Some fans don’t understand his style is unique. Do you see Liverpool saying Firmino shouldn’t start ? No because they know what he brings to the team with his intelligence, link up and movement. Lacazette is the same type of player who makes others shines. I agree with you he should score a bit more but he’s unique plus auba is the true goalscorer in the team

Good comparison. According to Transfermarkt:

Last season in EPL Lacazette had 35 games, 2502 minutes and 13+10=23 (and 9 game winning goals).

Firmino had 34 games, 2620 minutes 12+7=19.

Both are total **** of course, nothing strikers. Firmino the worse one obviously, strange he wasn't sold by Klopp.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I missed the news about Laca & Auba. Good work, Auba can basically finish his career with us.

The meetings Laca's agent had with us are now clear. I hope he does well but I feel he will be moved on next summer if he doesn't score more, especially if we play him as CF and Auba on the wing. Laca needs at least 20 to justify playing him at CF. Auba will no doubt score more from the wing because he's a better finisher and has pace on the break.

drippin

I missed the news about Laca & Auba. Good work, Auba can basically finish his career with us. The meetings Laca's agent had with us are now clear. I hope he does well but I feel he will be moved on next summer if he doesn't score more, especially if we play him as CF and Auba on the wing. Laca needs at least 20 to justify playing him at CF. Auba will no doubt score more from the wing because he's a better finisher and has pace on the break.

We can do the same as Liverpool, with Auba & Pepe coming in from the wings, Laca dropping a bit sometimes. As you can see above, Laca had better stats than Firmino. It's about the roles and tactics, not looking at who is CF and who is not.

Laca could have also scored the penalties Auba took (he did in Lyon), and then stats would be more equal. Without penalties stats last season Laca 13+10=23 and Auba 18+5=23. Laca missed 13 big chances and Auba missed 23 big chances. Auba played 229 minutes more.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We can do the same as Liverpool, with Auba & Pepe coming in from the wings, Laca dropping a bit sometimes. As you can see above, Laca had better stats than Firmino. It's about the roles and tactics, not looking at who is CF and who is not. Laca could have also scored the penalties Auba took (he did in Lyon), and then stats would be more equal.

Yes I understand that, and as you say our attack will be very fluid with all 3 moving in and out. My view though is that Auba is a better CF and we would be stronger by selling Laca and having someone like Zaha on the wing.

drippin

Yes I understand that, and as you say our attack will be very fluid with all 3 moving in and out. My view though is that Auba is a better CF and we would be stronger by selling Laca and having someone like Zaha on the wing.

Maybe, but Zaha had a season with 10+10 compared to Laca it's 3 goals less. Auba cuts in so it doesn't make big difference, just another kind of tactic. We have Pepe now also, last season we had no width or great quality in other wing.

You can look at stats I edited above, and tell me how Auba is so much better CF. Mostly they are just different kind of players. Firmino is great comparison to Lacazette, very similar, and Firmino is very much appreciated at Liverpool I think. They have wingers who score more.

Maybe someone can find stats comparison, I cannot get those pages to work now.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's precisely what I am talking about , his link up play , it's just not good enough to justify him dropping deep . We got others that can fulfill that role . More interested in him getting in the box or taking more shots ,

drippin

It's precisely what I am talking about , his link up play , it's just not good enough to justify him dropping deep . We got others that can fulfill that role . More interested in him getting in the box or taking more shots ,

We see it differently then, I think he is very good at holding the ball for his size, and also linking up. This season we have Pepe so should work even better now. More shots sure.

Anyone care to show and explain to me from last seasons stats how Laca was so much worse than Auba? When you don't consider penalty goals, because both could have shot them likely as well.

Last edited:

JoaoFelix

Others can't fulfill that role that's why he has to drop so deep. Lacazette is a sort of 10/9,5
Auba is our main goalscorer. Lacazette is the creative one and Auba the finisher.
Benzema has been playing like this for a while, Firmino too. How many games Auba went missing, because he didn't have support. There is a reason why Lacazette was the player of the year. He was so so importan to the attack because of his link up and intelligence.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Others can't fulfill that role that's why he has to drop so deep. Lacazette is a sort of 10/9,5
Auba is our main goalscorer. Lacazette is the creative one and Auba the finisher.
Benzema has been playing like this for a while, Firmino too. How many games Auba went missing, because he didn't have support. There is a reason why Lacazette was the player of the year. He was so so importan to the attack because of his link up and intelligence.

Of course others can fill that role , it's difficult because he get's in the way , truth be told he's not very good at it , half the time the ball bounces off him and the attack breaks down and the opposition launch a counter.

He is a very good presser than and has a fantastic strike which is what he should be doing .

Ceballos or Özil can operate in that space to greater effect and feed him too .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom