• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divided_Pie

I’m generally not a fan of locking threads, but shouldn’t this qualify since it’s clearly about coffee shops and not a move to MLS?

I’m generally not a fan of locking threads, but shouldn’t this qualify since it’s clearly about coffee shops and not a move to MLS?

Mods and their attack dogs want him gone so they will hold on the hope that there is someone maniac enough to buy Özil from us and pay him 350k per week!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Players sign to the league and the team, and most contracts are paid from common funds/revenue sharing (hence the salary caps). So there's some limit that the league will pay but I can't remember what it is. However, Designated Players can go beyond that and beyond the team salary cap with funds from their own franchise/owners. So there's not really a limit on individual player salary if they are a Designated Player, but I just don't think DC will put up a ton of cash to get him if they are already going to need to pay him enough to tempt him there.

@Slartibartfast might know more than me.

Yeah, that's pretty close anyway. It's so complicated I'm not sure they always understand it themselves. But each MLS team has a "discovery list" of seven foreign players they've scouted and would be interested in adding (targeted players are added to discovery lists on a first-come, first-serve basis and can be changed at any time). If they want to sign a designated player, they have to make a DP request and demonstrate to the league that they'll be able to pay the salary beyond the league standard.

Sports Illustrated actually did a flow chart a couple of years ago. It's insane.

mls-flowchart-7-redblue.png

Aevi

Hale End FC
Yeah, that's pretty close anyway. It's so complicated I'm not sure they always understand it themselves. But each MLS team has a "discovery list" of seven foreign players they've scouted and would be interested in adding (targeted players are added to discovery lists on a first-come, first-serve basis and can be changed at any time). If they want to sign a designated player, they have to make a DP request and demonstrate to the league that they'll be able to pay the salary beyond the league standard.

Sports Illustrated actually did a flow chart a couple of years ago. It's insane.

Yeah, that's a hell of a flow chart :lol:

Nice to have you back mate.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Cheers for that. Who's the best paid player in MLS btw?

Great to have you back, mate.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Good to be back. Just needed a little break from the stupidity of the silly season. Looking forward to the season now!
I missed you during the transfer season, probably should've stayed away myself but the madness was too addicting. Haven't been able to get much work done at all. My employer will be glad the window's shut, haha.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I missed you during the transfer season, probably should've stayed away myself but the madness was too addicting. Haven't been able to get much work done at all. My employer will be glad the window's shut, haha.

Ha! Yeah, no doubt the transfer window can be obsessive. Oddly enough, I'm on a bit of a letdown today, wanting more transfer news (well, there is news about possible outgoings for Mustafi, Elneny and even Monreal, but it's not the same). I'll be alright once the games start up again though. :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Cheers for that. Who's the best paid player in MLS btw?

Great to have you back, mate.

Thanks! Good to be back.

As Kofi said, it is Zlatan. Just looked it up to make absolutely sure. His yearly salary is $7.2 million. Vela is 4th at $6.3 million. Rooney is 9th (for the time being) at $3.5 million.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It looked plausible when we were heavily linked with Coutinho. Now that isn't an option anymore there isn't much chance he will go

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Yeah they aren't necessarily linked. It was more for this window. As I can't see us letting Özil go now if we didn't bring in a replacement.

zilfy

As much as I don't rate Özil, we're not exactly stacked in attacking mids, so I cant imagine them even looking for a buyer until that's resolved.
Then again, 433 solves that issue but doesn't leave much room to adjust formations for strategic advantage

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I still can't believe the transfer embers were sparked because of a coffee initiative in the US. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Apparently his agent has flew into the States for talks with DC United.

Understandable that this business may be the thing that pushes him out the door.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don't see him leaving until at least his contract finishes. He has just been put on the captains list which tells me that Emery wants him here at least to rotate, He's also said numerous times he's happy here & has no intention to leave anytime soon, has said he's happy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom