• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Gazidis

Balboa

We have moved on and so should you, i do agree however.

That sentence doesn't make much sense to me.

You either agree, and he took Arsenal through transition (while Man Utd are still scratching around for a technical director, with a manager likely to become their 4th failed manager in a row). In that case now is the perfect time to make the point. Or you disagree....

I also remember when people on this forum feared this club turning into Liverpool, because they didn't want their club shopping around for "average" players like Sadio Mane and James Milner. I've lost count of the number of times people slagged off Rambo as the Welsh Jordan Henderson.... Last time I saw him, the lad was lifting the Champions League.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
That sentence doesn't make much sense to me.

You either agree, and he took Arsenal through transition (while Man Utd are still scratching around for a technical director, with a manager likely to become their 4th failed manager in a row). In that case now is the perfect time to make the point. Or you disagree....

I also remember when people on this forum feared this club turning into Liverpool, because they didn't want their club shopping around for average players like Sadio Mane and James Milner. I've lost count of the number of times people slagged off Rambo as the Welsh Jordan Henderson.... Last time I saw him, the lad was lifting the Champions League.
Most here selectively try to manipulate the reality and give Wenger credit for the positives of around that time while putting all of the blame of the negatives on Gazidis. But reality is that if it wasn't for Gazidis we'd still be rotting in mid table with a terrible squad with no hope of moving ahead.

Balboa

Most here selectively try to manipulate the reality and give Wenger credit for the positives of around that time while putting all of the blame of the negatives on Gazidis. But reality is that if it wasn't for Gazidis we'd still be rotting in mid table with a terrible squad with no hope of moving ahead.

I tend to agree, although at the time, I defended Wenger remaining at Arsenal for too long. However it has happened, it's hard to argue at this stage that Arsenal haven't handled their transition better than Man Utd. As far as I can tell, Gazidis fronted up and forced it through. I suspect that the overblown contracts given to Özil and Mhki are unavoidable collateral damage of that process, but the club has already moved on from that and that is to be celebrated.

I was reading and hearing so much doom and gloom on podcasts and so on before the Pepe news came. Then I looked at it and reassessed and posted about it in the Squad Analysis thread. With Saliba, Tierney & Ceballos negaotiations well developed, on the back of Auba, Mavropanos, Torreira, Guendouzi, Leno, Martinelli, it had become clear that this was part of a long-term trend due to the new strategy. Exactly the type of signings the club needs. They've even shipped Jenko out FFS! Never thought I'd see it...

Meanwhile Man Utd seem to still be battling with Pogba's ego...

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I tend to agree, although at the time, I defended Wenger remaining at Arsenal for too long. However it has happened, it's hard to argue at this stage that Arsenal haven't handled their transition better than Man Utd. As far as I can tell, Gazidis fronted up and forced it through. I suspect that the overblown contracts given to Özil and Mhki are unavoidable collateral damage of that process, but the club has already moved on from that and that is to be celebrated.

I was reading and hearing so much doom and gloom on podcasts and so on before the Pepe news came. Then I looked at it and reassessed and posted about it in the Squad Analysis thread. With Saliba, Tierney & Ceballos negaotiations well developed, on the back of Auba, Mavropanos, Torreira, Guendouzi, Leno, Martinelli, it had become clear that this was part of a long-term trend due to the new strategy. Exactly the type of signings the club needs. They've even shipped Jenko out FFS! Never thought I'd see it...

Meanwhile Man Utd seem to still be abttling with Pogba's ego...
Yes, we have handled the transition better than imagined and Gazidis has delivered through with his promises. He brought in top of the top level people at the club. At the time it was hard to see but in the past few seasons its clear to see what an absolute golden plan he manufactured out of the bald head of his.

But unfortunately he won't get an ounce of the huge part he played in this transformation around here.

Balboa

Yes, we have handled the transition better than imagined and Gazidis has delivered through with his promises. He brought in top of the top level people at the club. At the time it was hard to see but in the past few seasons its clear to see what an absolute golden plan he manufactured out of the bald head of his.

They should start planning his statue. They'll save money on the hair...

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Still causing havoc wherever he goes I see. So long as it's away from London Colney we could care less what he does :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He want full control again and that's will not go well with milan and thier ultra it won't last long.

And, due to the fact he's no longer our problem, we get to enjoy watching them run him out of their club like the plague ridden rat that he is.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Was looking for this thread in Arsenal talk ffs, see it’s been moved.

Destroying Milan I see, they were already rock bottom and he’s making it worse. :lol:

We won’t get back on the right track until everything this man touched is removed from the club, Raul and Vinai were his appointments, the likes of Özil (contract), Mustafi, Xhaka and Kolasinac were his signings.

They’ve all got to go, Robbie.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Away from Milan’s warm glow, what would Gazidis do differently if he could return to Arsenal? “I would show how much I care. It surprised me that people viewed me as corporate, and distant, and that’s because I was very hands off the sporting side. That was the right thing to do alongside Arsène. But I should have communicated better my feelings for the club.

“Chief executive positions in football are interesting because you sacrifice so much for the club. I don’t think I’ve had a day off since I started in club football 14 years ago. You can’t do that if you don’t care passionately. There are sleepless nights and the defeats eat you up. You want to provide joy – but fans don’t see that human aspect. It hurts me that Arsenal fans did not feel joy and togetherness but I’m really happy unity is developing under Mikel Arteta who has done a fantastic job. My regret is that I was not able to pull our fans together in the way I’ve done with Milan fans.”

I remind him that most Arsenal fans associate Gazidis with decline and stagnation while lamenting the fact he earned a reputed £22m. “The words ‘stagnation’ and ‘decline’ were used often during the 10 years I was there. The reality is, up until the last two years, we were incredibly consistent in coming third or fourth. The environment was increasingly competitive with Chelsea and Manchester City but consistency is not really a great story. I think people were confused about the Arsenal narrative. They interpreted it as lack of ambition, which isn’t true, because nobody could be more ambitious than Arsène.

“We had two calendar years where we were the best team but we never were able to put together a cohesive season. We won three FA Cups and there were moments of real hope and expectation. It was only the last two years we couldn’t maintain that consistency.”

Gazidis oversaw the painful and protracted departure of Wenger, after 22 years, but he insists: “We didn’t have any conflict. I supported Arsène through many years and many difficulties. We always retained a good working relationship and Arsène is an inspirational, brilliant human being. I feel lucky to have learnt from him.”

Milan’s media man politely shuts down my next Arsenal question. “We’re Arsenalled out,” Gazidis confirms.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom