• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Why aren’t people putting Ceballos in their line-ups? Think our midfield will be:

Xhaka no doubt in my mind
Guendouzi or Torreira
Ceballos unless I’m missing something here​

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Why aren’t people putting Ceballos in their line-ups? Think our midfield will be:

Xhaka no doubt in my mind
Guendouzi or Torreira
Ceballos unless I’m missing something here​

Ceballos picked up a knock, possibly in the lyon game. That's why he didn't play much after that. Not ideal preparations. New to the league, hardly played pre-season and picked up a knock too. That's why people weren't sure he would start. I think he will, especially now Özil is missing.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I'm not confident, expecting a loss. Would be very happy to win this.
Relax its big boy Bruce.

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce has lost a career-worst 19 games against Arsenal. His teams have beaten the Gunners just twice in 27 meetings, with Birmingham in 2005 and Sunderland in 2009.

GunnerUK

I can't remember the last time we had a fully fit first eleven. Its like arsenal always play with a handicap . i bet if we would have a injury free squad for an extended period like liverpool or city we would challenge for the league easily

Was thinking the same thing. Funny how Liverpool and City always have a fit squad with minimal injuries

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
City do get injuries, perhaps not as many as us. It doesn't even matter if they do, you hardly notice it. Last season De Bruyne missed most of the season, didn't even notice.

Chelsea are the team who hardly ever seem to get injuries. I remember a few years back, not sure they had 1 major injury all season. Ridiculous. Imagine if that was us

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It's true tbf, and one of the reasons I thought our defence looked worse than it was, not sure we went 5 games in a row with the same back 4/5.

Would love to see us go 20+ games with a solid back line of players.

remains

Touch wood we had our attack fit for the majority of last season. It’s the defensive injuries that killed us.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was thinking the same thing. Funny how Liverpool and City always have a fit squad with minimal injuries
And Chelsea’s title under Mourinho, and the famous Leicester win, both with absolutely minimal injuries all season.

Arsenal’s been battling against the odds for years . . not short injuries either. Even last year Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding for most of the season.

Must be some voodoo sh!t. Alex Ferguson sticking pins in our player dolls.

GunnerUK

And Chelsea’s title under Mourinho, and the famous Leicester win, both with absolutely minimal injuries all season.

Arsenal’s been battling against the odds for years . . not short injuries either. Even last year Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding for most of the season.

Must be some voodoo sh!t. Alex Ferguson sticking pins in our player dolls.

Really does make you think though.

Is it our medical team is it our equipment does the pitch at the Emirates need investigating are our players drinking enough milk ect..

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Not easy for a top 6 side to get an away game in the first match. Usually lower teams come into the competition full of hope and confidence at the start. Potential banana skin matches.

Liverpool and Sp**s were lucky with fairly easy home games, 4-1, 3-1. But City had a tough away game against West Ham. But what a response 0-5. That’s how you show you mean business, what a start.

That’s what we’ve got to do tomorrow, no messing about.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Our players have always been a bit small / weak in recent years & spend more time on the ball than most. Not a good blend for avoiding injuries.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Really does make you think though.

Is it our medical team is it our equipment does the pitch at the Emirates need investigating are our players drinking enough milk ect..
Didn’t have injuries as bad as this in the days of George Graham when the lads were drinking 5 pints a night and Merson snorting coke.

GunnerUK

Our players have always been a bit small / weak in recent years & spend more time on the ball than most. Not a good blend for avoiding injuries.

I don’t recall this Avalanche of injuries in the Highbury days though. Welbeck was never injured at Utd always Available.

Come here and the Curse strikes

:eek:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Don’t, you’ll start @YeahBee off again on his theories of chunkiness > technical ability.

You’d think Kola would have put that theory to bed.

GunnerUK

You think about it though what was the longest period players like Peris, Henry, Gilberto we’re out for never these long periods.

In my opinion it was Wengers medical teams they signed a player with a broken back lol how the hell did they miss that and if they didn’t miss it that’s even more Mediocre.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I’m 33 so slightly before my time. Lol I’ve only known Wenger.

But yeah I heard the stories of them lot haha
Didn’t you follow the Gunners as a kid? I went to Highbury with my dad and I remember going into the ground the first time on his shoulders and it totally blew me away. I’ll never ever forget the noise and atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom