• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 306,337
Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Really happy with these comments from Emery. As pointed out by others it puts pressure on Mustafi to leave. And regarding the stories about the club wanting their 35M back it`s either the papers speculating or the club trying to get the best deal possible. Raul and the others are not stupid, they know we won`t and that we should be happy if we get 15-20M for him.

Thought he would have been sold by now. Thought Emery and the rest of them hated Mustafi and wanted him gone....

Actions speak louder than words.

Kingofthebongo

As annoyingly **** as Mustafi's brain farts are, his overall play is reasonably good. I do want him shipped out but I think the overall attitude towards him is a bit strange. He's no worse than the backups at other top clubs imo.

I think it's because people have a hard time adjusting expectations from expecting a world cup winner 35m potential starting CB for years to come, to what we see today.
I don't blame them, but yes I agree he's not a worse 4th or 5th choice but the issue is we haven't really got a great 1st or 2nd choice either. Selling him to increase the fund for a future CB could help with that.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I think it's because people have a hard time adjusting expectations from expecting a world cup winner 35m potential starting CB for years to come, to what we see today.
I don't blame them, but yes I agree he's not a worse 4th or 5th choice but the issue is we haven't really got a great 1st or 2nd choice either. Selling him to increase the fund for a future CB could help with that.

Agreed there, I'd have liked to see a better CB come in but I'm just trying to be realistic. We've done amazing business and honestly, I don't think Mustafi is the walking disaster people here make him out to be. Of course he isn't good enough and needs to be shipped out when possible.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Agreed there, I'd have liked to see a better CB come in but I'm just trying to be realistic. We've done amazing business and honestly, I don't think Mustafi is the walking disaster people here make him out to be. Of course he isn't good enough and needs to be shipped out when possible.

You've come back and made some rash statements Markstar. Mustafi isn't a walking disaster and you rate both Xhaka and Kola! I am surprised.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Have you seen the Man City defence? Mangala and Otamendi are both full of mistakes.
Mangala has been on loan the past two seasons... and Otamendi is a much better defender. There’s a reason why the likes of Atletico and Juve were interested in him prior to Kompany’s departure.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Why do I always start to feel sorry for players in these situations. Seeing everyone being so mean about him online is making me sad even though I don’t like him either :lol:
I hope it isnt effecting him..Hopefully it can get done and he leaves...

I agree, hope he finds a mid level club at his level and it works out for him and his team fans appreciate him. Similar to Jenkinson. Can't fault their work rate but they're just not required level that we want for this club.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Why do I always start to feel sorry for players in these situations. Seeing everyone being so mean about him online is making me sad even though I don’t like him either :lol:
I hope it isnt effecting him..Hopefully it can get done and he leaves...
it is a bit sad, because he has
Disaster hung around his neck now, and a lot of people can't even bring themselves to recognise when he has a good game - like Özil has been labelled as the disappearing man, and a lot of people enjoy keeping this tag alive even when he's close to being the best player on the pitch

it's the downside of inconsistency, I suppose, as it allows people to filter out the good and concentrate on the bad, but Arsenal fans at least ought to be fairer when they judge their own players

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Mangala has been on loan the past two seasons... and Otamendi is a much better defender. There’s a reason why the likes of Atletico and Juve were interested in him prior to Kompany’s departure.

Can you actually address the thing I said instead of the thing you wished I said? We were talking about mistakes, not overall quality. Does Otamendi make mistakes, yes or no.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Can you actually address the thing I said instead of the thing you wished I said? We were talking about mistakes, not overall quality. Does Otamendi make mistakes, yes or no.
To be honest, I wish you didn’t say Mangala because he hasn’t played for them since 2015 :lol:

Anyway, every defender makes mistakes and I won’t play into your fallacious argument, you can have the same debate for players like Ramos, Varane etc. Point being is Otamendi is more reliable than Mustafi.

To conclude, Mustafi is now our fifth defender on the charts making what? 90k p/w? I’d rather leave this spot for Dinos or had given it to Bielik who could do the job as they won’t be relied on too heavily.

Iceman10

Established Member
Good to see in the pre-match comments the boss went public with his willingness to let Mustafi go. This is a ratchet up of forcing Mustafi out with Mustafi's agent previously indicating willingness to dig his heels in to stay at Arsenal. Emery's pre-match comments should mean Mustafi will be way down the pecking order now, with Luiz in. Hope we can recoup at least 20m, vs. the 35m for what we paid for him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sokratis, Luiz, Chambers, Mustafi.

That’s the current order, next month if there’s no more injuries he’ll be 5th choice behind Holding as well.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Sokratis, Luiz, Chambers, Mustafi.

That’s the current order, next month if there’s no more injuries he’ll be 5th choice behind Holding as well.
**** that ****. He's already behind Mavropanos for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom