• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Passing the ball in a U or C direction is testament to the lack of midfield creativity and control, even against a team sitting back. Simply put we cannot link up enough through the middle nor be able to withstand the press.

Makeshift team but unfortunately I cant see it getting much better. My only hope is Willock and Guendouzi coming good and with Torreira, Özil and Ceballos, give us that extra dimension through the middle.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Bar a loose pass in the first half Xhaka hadn’t put a foot wrong. FairPlay criticise him when he’s doing poorly but if he’s having a good game it’s not illegal to say so!

However, Mkhi can get to ****. Shocking once again.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Reiss Nelson needs to go at that fullback. Isn’t it that same dud that used to play for Liverpool?

Reiss has been too cautious, he done that in pre season in the first few games. Willock has been good and is going to cause Newcastle more problems in the second half.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Last chance was good & he completely over hit it that pass to screw up a decent chance at the end. Missed a decent shot aswell.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Nelson was alright, just needs some time to adapt to this kind of level and tempo. Having Monreal behind him who's legs are gone isn't really helping him either.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
70% position but lack of chances of course when Ceballos Özil laca and pepe all will be fun

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Been a very tentative performance, not really helped by the system currently. Little connection between midfield and attack and when it's been made the attackers aren't making the ball stick enough.

Willock has been good when hes got the ball but not on it enough. Needs to be deeper. Xhaka and Guendouzi have been OK but not quite progressing well enough due to the disconnect. Nelson been the best of the 3 attackers but too many tentative moments for me. Still, been positive. Mhki has oscillated too much between decent and terrible. AMN also has had a decent half.

Not too much focus on individual performances but more relations between players not clicking. Do think Mhki has killed too many attacks. Would bring in Pepe and sacrifice one of Xhaka and Guen for Ceballos. Need a bit of creation. I have a bad feeling though that one of the young bucks will be sacrificed though sadly but they have been quite encouraging.

pacstud

Nelson has been non-existent. Defense looks calm. Weak squad showing. Still think AMN is wrongly picked on....doing well.

Auba inspiration incoming.

Shahin Tadjalli

I have to convince myself that Mkyhtarian is playing because we're desperate to get rid of him and for that we need him to pretend like he's an actual top flight footballer stilllll. No way Emery still rates him.

R-r-r-ight lads?

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
When people across other clubs wonder why we strengthened with Pepe, and ceballos, this is the game to show them.

For a while now there's been this myth that we are just stocked with creativity, and just lack a robust spine.

We have no ideas in the final third, and do not retain possession well. The reason we have a good goal rally is Lacazette and aubameyang.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Come on, every talent (Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Saka) can't do it worse than Mikhi.

He has 1 or 2 good actions every half time, but every other thing is so horrible. Can't deal with this.

Newcastle looks pretty trash too, only their pressing is sometimes good. Our game looks very slow. Need Pepe/Laca and Ceballos.

Nelson had some good things, but losing the ball a bit to often.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Really don't see what people are upset at Xhaka for, he's been good.

Uses his body much better, as does Chambers, to create more space for himself. That is definitely a positive aspect I saw this half.

I still dont trust him when put under pressure though, and Ill say the same for Torreira. Needs to sit out the matches where the opposition will press us vigorously.

Iceman10

Established Member
For all the complaints about Xhaka, that 2 at the base of CM was at least having some control physically in the centre of the park. Lacking in the CAM department. Mkhi was better between 30-40 mins. MutableEarth is right, can't pin any issues too much on one player.

Chambers, Sokratis, and Monreal were not noticeable for coming up short in anything, so all ok for first half performances.

AMN was good, but it is about focus for the full 90 minutes for him. Reiss was a bit short compared with Willock, who was the standout performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom