• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Mediocre debut, he needs to show progression this season. If not sell as his stock will still be high.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ok for his 1st competitive game in a while for us. Wasnt poor like I'm seeing in here. Bit tentative the few times he was in the final 3rd. Combination play was very good and had a few good dribbles. He was encouraging but not as dangerous as he can be. I expect more but I was satisfied today. Was much better than Mhkitsryan overall.

pacstud

What were some of you watching? Nelson was very good. Good ball retention under pressure, good in tight spaces, completed a few dribbles, showed confidence under pressure and had crisp passing. He is an inside forward playing with a full back too old to overlap.
He was invisible and only seemingly capable of passing it backwards. Pressing was lacking in comprehension and angles.

But blaming Nacho is what I predicted on the last page.

blaze_of_glory

Thought he had some good flashes but just wasn't able to do much. Would probably have an easier time if playing with Özil and Tierney instead of Mikhi and Monreal. Monreal was good defensively but not going forward that much.

Fallout

solid performance imo, but the problem is he always finds himself drifting into crowded areas. he never tried to stretch the back line with runs or to isolate the fullback out wide, so when he received the ball, there wasn't much to do in terms of impacting the game.

there was a moment when we were countering, i think willock had the ball and could have easily slipped him behind, but he didnt want to make the run. thought it was a symbolic moment of his performance.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Thought he did alright but by no means spectacular. Some good link up play down the left with the nacho man.

First league start after a year out on loan.

All things considered positive signs.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Hard to filter out the genuine opinions these days. Too many nonces on both sides of the divide.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He wasn’t poor by any stretch. He showed great ball retention skills in crowded areas, a quality you can’t teach. I would’ve liked for him to take on his man a bit more but he did well.

The more he plays the more he’ll become accustomed to what playing week in, week out at the top level is like. He’s a fantastic young talent.

pacstud

No one is knocking his ability on the ball. So saying he didn't have errors (Mikh) isn't really a big compliment.

He was lacking awareness, creativity, aggression, and most critically positioning. He was passing backwards out of crowded spaces because he struggled to position himself.

Saying he didn't have the best day doesn't mean people are "haters" writing him off. It means he's in the deep end of the pool now and should be held to a starting XI standard. Matchday 1...he was found wanting.

At least the Armenian had a **** filled set of shorts via sins of aggression.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
No one is knocking his ability on the ball. So saying he didn't have errors (Mikh) isn't really a big compliment.

He was lacking awareness, creativity, aggression, and most critically positioning. He was passing backwards out of crowded spaces because he struggled to position himself.

Saying he didn't have the best day doesn't mean people are "haters" writing him off. It means he's in the deep end of the pool now and should be held to a starting XI standard. Matchday 1...he was found wanting.

At least the Armenian had a **** filled set of shorts via sins of aggression.

He def wasn't lacking awareness. He always did well to evade pressure. Wasn't chasing his first touch like Mhki or Auba.

Looked much better physically against a Premier League team away from home in the rain. He has def improved a lot in the last year.

I have no doubt the creativity, assertiveness will come with more game time and better attacking options than Monreal and Mhki beside him.

What he really needs to work on is his off the ball movement and making himself available to receive the ball. Those things will improve with more experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom