• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

This was absolute class from Ainsley. Great hustle for the interception, fantastic pace, and a peach of a pass into Aubameyang for the assist. Just terrific.

Ceballos getting the **** beat out of him in the celebration.

Eirico

Really happy for his performance today. Had a couple of misplaced passes and was beaten by Saint-Maxim only once (but luckily Maxim lost his footing right after) even though Newcastle targeted AMN. Other than that he was sublime.
I’ve been thinking for a while he actually has a higher ceiling than Bellerin. He has clearly weeknesses in defending and concentration issues. The concentration issues is the main worry as he is still learning the basics of defending like former wingers like Bellerin, Gibbs and Cole had to do, and will be intresting to see which defensive level he will reach. On the ball though he is a big upgrade on Bellerin. He can handle being pressed by opponents much better than the spaniard as he’s better on the ball, and can actually create things on his own by taking players on. But I doubt he will take the RB from Bellerin under current regime as I think Bellerin’s engine and good timing of forward runs are integral to Emery’s offence.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Typically almost f*cked up his good performance with a hospital pass to Leno but very strong throughout the game.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Pleased that I put him in my Fantasy Football team but not so pleased that he counts as a midfielder rather than RB. He's always been up and down for me but is starting to be more consistent. He seems to be taller this season :lol: every now and then I looked and thought who's the tall black guy. Great intercept and cross for Auba!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Quality from start to finish against Newcastle, pleased for the lad. I still think he's a more natural RB and don't think he has a future in midfield for us but is a more than capable backup for Bellerin.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The '#PlayAMNInMidfield' under my name has been there years now and I stopped wanting him there a long time ago but I don't know what else it should be

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The '#PlayAMNInMidfield' under my name has been there years now and I stopped wanting him there a long time ago but I don't know what else it should be

Happily take your tag instead of glass half empty, I'm on the AMN CM train when Bellerin gets fit.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
What exactly has AMN shown that would make him a good CM?

I can't see it happening at all, he doesn't play ahead of Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Ceballos, Mkhi, Özil or Willock at present, and his skillset seems perfect where he is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What exactly has AMN shown that would make him a good CM?

I can't see it happening at all, he doesn't play ahead of Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Ceballos, Mkhi, Özil or Willock at present, and his skillset seems perfect where he is.
He started off in CMF, didn't he? Got some praise in a few games/cameos he's had there under Wenger... He's played RB for a fair bit now, and he's no doubt matured as person and a player. I'd be interested to see what he has to offer there now tbh. Remember when Wenger would play someone out of position for their 'education'? Well, AMN may well be the Einstein of CMF'ers by now.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I don't understand what to do with him yet. He's an ok wing defender/player and seemingly he's suited for the middle yet he wouldn't play over anybody we have in the middle. What do you do with him? Other than he's going to leave for a team to get the role that he wants eventually.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am surprised no one ever mentions him as RM option.
Once everyone is fit, Pepe has that position, but I like the fact Niles can play multiple positions.
would love to see him in a 3 man mid, and surely we will at some point
Like his offensive game as fullback and ability to start attacks from that position which regular fullbacks struggle with cause they are one dimensional

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Very good today, great assist. He needs to tidy up his challenges as he could easily have been booked for a couple of clumsy clashes. That's my only negative though, I thought he looked good today.
Think his game was very good. Especially his defensive work was good compared to last year. Hope he builds on this and keeps improving. Emery clearly values him. Great to see the young lads come through!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Think he is destined to be a utility player here now. Up to him if he wants to settle for that, no shame in it

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Maybe I'm in a minority here who believes that he could end up simply being an excellent RB. He's constantly improving, he's excellent in one on one situations, has a great cross on him as seen on Sunday, can carry the ball pretty well and is quite quick. With more experience I honestly see no reason why he can't be a top RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom