• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

And he still led the league for most big chances missed last year.

His movement is elite, as good as anyone’s out there. He’s so easy to create chances for that he’s fifth all time for most goals after 50 apps playing in front of our worst playmaking unit in years.

Imagine him with a fit Tierney, Bellerin, Ceballos and Pepe.
:drool:

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

His movement is elite, as good as anyone’s out there. He’s so easy to create chances for that he’s fifth all time for most goals after 50 apps playing in front of out worst playmaking unit in years.

Record breaking numbers. He did very well last season with mediocre support. Özil was below par most of the times, our full-backs/wing-backs were the Bosnian SUV and then Bellerin got injured in January. While we had no wingers last season at all. There'll be times this season when there'll be so many players on the pitch capable of picking him out.

But uno, let's forget all that and shove him wide left because Lacazette absolutely has to play. World class with his 1 away goal last season vs non-relegated sides.

Record breaking numbers. He did very well last season with mediocre support. Özil was below par most of the times, our full-backs/wing-backs were the Bosnian SUV and then Bellerin got injured in January. While we had no wingers last season at all. There'll be times this season when there'll be so many players on the pitch capable of picking him out.

But uno, let's forget all that and shove him wide left because Lacazette absolutely has to play. World class with his 1 away goal last season vs non-relegated sides.

Why do you hate Laca? SO ****ING DUMB. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

either we like Laca or not him and Auba are making elite partnership so both has to play with Pepe. Auba was amazing as RW in pre-season to specially against Real Madrid.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Funny enough I have a feeling that Auba might be just as productive wide as long as he doesn’t have the defensive responsibility of a winger. If Emery can make that work then we lose nothing by playing with Lacazette.

It would still be interesting to see an analysis of his stats when playing with vs without Lacazette up until now though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Funny enough I have a feeling that Auba might be just as productive wide as long as he doesn’t have the defensive responsibility of a winger. If Emery can make that work then we lose nothing by playing with Lacazette.

It would still be interesting to see an analysis of his stats when playing with vs without Lacazette up until now though.

I dunno man, Emery asks for specific things from his wide men which I don't feel that Auba is suited for. It's not like Wenger where he plays a lob-sided system and could use Auba in the Walcott role. Emery likes more balance in his 4-2-3-1 and his wingers to be effective dribblers and creative players with also good work-rate. It's alright playing them both in a 5-2-1-2 or whatever but it's different when it's a 4-2-3-1 and Auba is forced into not only a position but also a role he's no used to. We tried it last season and in the end he dropped the idea and even benched Auba at times when Laca was in form because he didn't want Auba wide.

I also feel now with Pepe, Nelson, ESR, Martinelli, Saka and hopefully quite sparingly Mkhitaryan we now have a few options in terms of fitting the profile Emery wants from his wide players.

With all this being said Auba playing wide either does one of two things, it either means he's less of a goal threat because he's adapting to the role Emery wants his wide players to fulfill or the team loses its balance and our system isn't as effective as Auba is either unable to do the role or is just not doing it because he's a natural striker who wants to come central and will look to get into the box and in behind the defenders. I see no reason to do it, especially now with Nelson back, Pepe signed and a few others options there's absolutely no reason why we should be forcing Auba wide just to accommodate Laca.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I dunno man, Emery asks for specific things from his wide men which I don't feel that Auba is suited for. It's not like Wenger where he plays a lob-sided system and could use Auba in the Walcott role. Emery likes more balance in his 4-2-3-1 and his wingers to be effective dribblers and creative players with also good work-rate. It's alright playing them both in a 5-2-1-2 or whatever but it's different when it's a 4-2-3-1 and Auba is forced into not only a position but also a role he's no used to. We tried it last season and in the end he dropped the idea and even benched Auba at times when Laca was in form because he didn't want Auba wide.

I also feel now with Pepe, Nelson, ESR, Martinelli, Saka and hopefully quite sparingly Mkhitaryan we now have a few options in terms of fitting the profile Emery wants from his wide players.

With all this being said Auba playing wide either does one of two things, it either means he's less of a goal threat because he's adapting to the role Emery wants his wide players to fulfill or the team loses its balance and our system isn't as effective as Auba is either unable to do the role or is just not doing it because he's a natural striker who wants to come central and will look to get into the box and in behind the defenders. I see no reason to do it, especially now with Nelson back, Pepe signed and a few others options there's absolutely no reason why we should be forcing Auba wide just to accommodate Laca.
The wide striker from Wenger’s day is exactly what I was thinking of actually. I don’t think he’d ignore the opportunity to have Lacazette in there ahead of Mkhi/Nelson while still getting the best out of Auba.

That’s the kind of system that could beat anybody and I feel like he’d be mad not to at least try it.

We shall see.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Couldn’t find any goal scoring stats but I found this.

skysports-aubameyang-lacazette_4637360.jpg

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
either we like Laca or not him and Auba are making elite partnership so both has to play with Pepe. Auba was amazing as RW in pre-season to specially against Real Madrid.

Lacazette and Auba making an elite partnership is such a myth. An elite partnership is Sturridge/Suarez from a few years back, Auba/Laca aren't on that level.

Regardless, playing Aubameyang wide where he won't be as effective just doesn't make sense, Lacazette isn't good enough to have a world class striker shunted on the wing for him.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

have to disagree on that. Last season is last season, so many problems Unai had with a team that was not what he really liked for his system, plus the injuries, so he worked around it and tried to come up with something.

on rare occasions when we actually played Unai's formation last season, 4231, with Laca up top and Auba wide, he used them both to their strengths, Laca as deeper CF opening space to Auba and taking more touches on the ball which is not Auba's preferred style.
It didn't look the best still, cause we didn't have a proper skillful wingers, like we do now, which is of crucial importance for all that front 3 to fully click.

Then this season came, and it was clear as a day Auba looked better as winger already, even without Pepe, cause the rest of the team was set up better and it didn't change much from game to game.

I'll compare Auba to Eto'o once again.
unreal natural fitness and goalscoring instincts. And then, at the age of 30 he switched to play out wide on regular basis, in a system that was balanced for it to work, and he played his best football in career there.

now this next part is not the answer to you, but
I think we all know the invincibles team and how they were set up, in a heartbeat, even if woken up in the middle of the night, yet, I think it was only once that season, or two times, that that 11 started a match.
It's all so cool to put our starting 11's out and discuss what would different people do with it, but we need to realize just how many games there is, injuries, forms and different tactical adjustments for each game. on Auba subject, he'll play wide, he'll play up top, but the important thing is we have options, we are balanced and coach clearly has this team set up so that many adjustments we do from game to game have all the right tools/players to make it work, unlike last season

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I said last year our strikers did very well considering we had little to no creativity in the team. I genuinely couldn't believe some of the things I was reading about Aubameyang, especially near the tail end of the season.

This guy will always, always, out score Lacazette, he really is simply just a natural goal scorer. That being said, I think Lacazette will benefit loads from having a better organised team, a proper winger and hopefully a better midfield.

Whether you like it or not Lacazette will play a huge part this season and we need him, but I do think Auba/Lacazette/Pepe would work but whether Unai does is another story.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
And I wanted to add one more thing about the whole Auba wide or not situation.
it's a huge plus to have that option. We'll probably even see Pepe as CF at times, cause those 3 can all do it there and they all offer different dimension there.
compare that to Pool's deadly trio up front. As good as it is, you would like to have more options with them. It's hard to stop them, but at least you know how they will set up and who's playing where and how

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

United fans were actually debating whether he's good enough for them when they were linked earlier this summer :rofl:

United fans actually rated David Moyes not so long ago. Their opinions on all things football are moot after that :lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I said last year our strikers did very well considering we had little to no creativity in the team. I genuinely couldn't believe some of the things I was reading about Aubameyang, especially near the tail end of the season.

This guy will always, always, out score Lacazette, he really is simply just a natural goal scorer. That being said, I think Lacazette will benefit loads from having a better organised team, a proper winger and hopefully a better midfield.

Whether you like it or not Lacazette will play a huge part this season and we need him, but I do think Auba/Lacazette/Pepe would work but whether Unai does is another story.
I think it's clear he's going to play them together. He favored Lacazette up front last season and even last pre season his preferred setup had Auba left, Laca in the middle and Nelson out wide which worked really nicely. Obviously Pepe is levels above young Reiss so those 3 interchanging up front should work quite nicely. It's what he decides to do behind them that's the real concern.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

His movement is elite, as good as anyone’s out there. He’s so easy to create chances for that he’s fifth all time for most goals after 50 apps playing in front of our worst playmaking unit in years.

One of the truly great indicators of quality is consistency and Auba has been the model of it over his career. His goals to games ratio is basically the same every single year even though the PL is considerably tougher than the Bundesliga and one could argue that at times he featured in more talented Dortmund teams than what we've put out in his time here. He really is remarkable. If he could reduce the missed chances ever so slightly(which again he has consistently been at or near the league lead in goals scored as well as chances blown his entire career)then we'd be seeing some truly unheard of numbers.

Kingofthebongo

Rewatched some of his last season highlights. Such an underappreciated player, our best player imo. One of the best players in the league and he plays for us. I back him and love that we've got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom