• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Maybe I'm in a minority here who believes that he could end up simply being an excellent RB. He's constantly improving, he's excellent in one on one situations, has a great cross on him as seen on Sunday, can carry the ball pretty well and is quite quick. With more experience I honestly see no reason why he can't be a top RB.

100%. He's got all the tools to be a top RB, just needs to iron a few bits out.

I don't think Bellerin will be getting his place back so easily.

Impact

Established Member
What exactly has AMN shown that would make him a good CM?

I can't see it happening at all, he doesn't play ahead of Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Ceballos, Mkhi, Özil or Willock at present, and his skillset seems perfect where he is.

If I recall correctly, Maitland-Niles made his debut at 17 playing CM in a match away to Galatasaray in the Champions League. Had another good game in the middle of the park away to Soton in the League Cup where we won 5-0 and away to Man Utd at the end of the 17/18 season where he was MOTM and outplayed Pogba.

He has potential as a central midfielder. He also has potential at right back and to a lesser extent right wing. Think it's important we set him a position soon but this season the most important consideration is game time.

Impact

Established Member
Maybe I'm in a minority here who believes that he could end up simply being an excellent RB. He's constantly improving, he's excellent in one on one situations, has a great cross on him as seen on Sunday, can carry the ball pretty well and is quite quick. With more experience I honestly see no reason why he can't be a top RB.

Niles has all the tools to be an excellent right back EXCEPT the desire to be one. From his interviews, he still sees himself as filling in in that position. Until that changes and he owns the role, he won't reach the levels his potential will allow.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Essien 2.0 incoming.

Fallout

perhaps a controversial opinion but, absent the recurring mental lapses, i'd have him in the team over bellerin

akhil

Essien 2.0 incoming.

Although I think, this is pun intended. His utility could potentially be Essien like when he was at Lyon. He's got all the physical and technical tools honestly. It's mostly focus with him. Almost like the game's too easy or something. That's probably why he's already put in good performances in few big games, he's actually awake during them.

Hopefully the Iwobi sale and Bellerin being back in training lit a fire under him. Knows his place is under threat soon.

Manberg

Predator
Great performance against Newcastle, but defensively can he manage to deal with elite wingers? Perhaps it’s not fair to judge based on his size and physical conditioning but I’m undecided.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Great performance against Newcastle, but defensively can he manage to deal with elite wingers? Perhaps it’s not fair to judge based on his size and physical conditioning but I’m undecided.

Most young and inexperienced full backs struggle to deal with elite wingers and given that AMN is actually a converted midfielder... I think it's a harsh standard to measure him by currently.

He's a very, very good player and, for me, the most harshly judged player in our squad.

Manberg

Predator
Most young and inexperienced full backs struggle to deal with elite wingers and given that AMN is actually a converted midfielder... I think it's a harsh standard to measure him by currently.

He's a very, very good player and, for me, the most harshly judged player in our squad.

Why is it harsh? He’s almost 22 and he’s been tried at right back for a while now, so he ought to be judged just as any right back. We need him to play as well as he can because he will get many games this season.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Niles has all the tools to be an excellent right back EXCEPT the desire to be one. From his interviews, he still sees himself as filling in in that position. Until that changes and he owns the role, he won't reach the levels his potential will allow.

You do what your employer wants.

He is supposed to be an adult professional.

Reeks of entitelment when players moan imo.

Those Jack of all trades players are really important for teams to

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hector will struggle if AMn keeps this up. Thought he had a beautiful game. Brilliant running, mature in the back. Not his favoured position but I felt he was one of our more consistent players on the day.
Keep it coming boy!

say yes

forum master baiter
Love AMN but don’t think Bellerin will struggle at all winning his position back. AMN isn’t a natural fullback and it shows with his positioning at times.

Reckon he’ll end up at CM but his versatility is certainly a bonus.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Love AMN but don’t think Bellerin will struggle at all winning his position back. AMN isn’t a natural fullback and it shows with his positioning at times.

Reckon he’ll end up at CM but his versatility is certainly a bonus.
Hector's injury has kept him out for a while. It's nice to have AMN playing well until Hector gets back to full fitness. Promising position to be in, thus far.

Jae

I don't think people could ask much more from him really. He just needs to be solid and not make any mistakes, which was what he did against Newcastle.

Personally I think he's better defensively than Bellerin. Bellerin is a lot better going forward.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Personally I think he's better defensively than Bellerin. Bellerin is a lot better going forward.
Me too. Several posters are saying this is what will keep AMN out when Hector is back but for two reasons I don't feel that is the case.
  1. He's done well there so far. Silly own goal but I feel he has improved nonetheless.
  2. Hector's injury will see him taking time to get back to his best. Possibly the entire season if at all.

Reactions: Jae

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't think people could ask much more from him really. He just needs to be solid and not make any mistakes, which was what he did against Newcastle.

AMN makes more errors than Bellerin in defence. I may have agreed with you if we are talking about Wengers last season, but under Emery Bellerin was probably the most improved player. He made less mistakes and had a bigger effect on our attacking play, big miss right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom