• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was pretty good I thought - his carrying was a little better and normally he loses possession in dumb areas a couple times but there were no moments I can remember when this happened. Couple blemishes would have been that there were some passes in the 2nd half that I think he could have intercepted had he been a bit more positionally aware but this is a known weakness of his and I imagine that it will improve at some point. He doesn't have fantastic pace or acceleration so it would behoove him to work on this area of his game strongly. He's already a very solid technician with bags of stamina. Positioning and tactical awareness should carry most of his focus.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Matteo is a great young player but I would love to see him add a bit of creativity/penetrative passing to his game. He is endlessly tidy but never really feels like he will take the game by the scruff and play the ball that leads to a goalscoring chance.

I actually think taking the game by scruff is his strong side. Never ever hides away, and always wants to be on it.
his passing and creativity is spot on but you must understand for a right footed player playing as right sided CM is harder to open up a play with a nice pass.
ankles just don't work your way.
I guess he is unlucky that Xhaka finds it easier to play on the left cause of his ability to make deep crosses and not a great agility on him to cut inside if played as RCM.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Matteo is a great young player but I would love to see him add a bit of creativity/penetrative passing to his game. He is endlessly tidy but never really feels like he will take the game by the scruff and play the ball that leads to a goalscoring chance.
We already know he has the ability to play those passes, but not every manager insist on them. Sometimes it's important to have one guy on the pitch who will always be available and comfortable on the ball, that's the role Douzi will play for us. He is 19/20, his body will soon get stronger and he will be able to protect the ball better which is important for his role.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Gonna start for France ahead of that fraud Pogba in max 2 years.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I actually think taking the game by scruff is his strong side. Never ever hides away, and always wants to be on it.
his passing and creativity is spot on but you must understand for a right footed player playing as right sided CM is harder to open up a play with a nice pass.
ankles just don't work your way.
I guess he is unlucky that Xhaka finds it easier to play on the left cause of his ability to make deep crosses and not a great agility on him to cut inside if played as RCM.

Gonna have to agree to disagree. He is a busy body who is very good at retaining possession and keeping things ticking in the defensive and central midfield positions. He is not incisive and never breaks the last line of defence.. that is evident by the fact he played 44 times in the EL and PL last year and didn't register one assist. Indeed, he's only registered 1 assist in league football in his entire career.

That is the side he needs to improve on for me to be a truly world class central midfielder at a club like Arsenal.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Gonna have to agree to disagree. He is a busy body who is very good at retaining possession and keeping things ticking in the defensive and central midfield positions. He is not incisive and never breaks the last line of defence.. that is evident by the fact he played 44 times in the EL and PL last year and didn't register one assist. Indeed, he's only registered 1 assist in league football in his entire career.

That is the side he needs to improve on for me to be a truly world class central midfielder at a club like Arsenal.

he doesnt score or assist. He is a good outlet for anyone looking to pass back to the midfield. Still sometimes he picks out a few good long passes.

Defensively though, he is non-existent. He just gets brushed aside or flops to the ground while chasing an attacker. Positionally weak and though he does try to tackle and get under the feet of attackers, its mostly ineffective. He is a b-grade version of Elneny, who at least had some bite in his play.

He got a busload of chances to cement his place last season, chances that were denied to Willock and AMN, and could not take them, ending up being dropped for the important matches, and didnt start the Europa final. This match again, versus a totally **** Newcastle coping with huge issues of their own, he didnt really do anything that stood out.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Wow, that's a ridiculously bad take. It's hard for anyone to take you seriously if you genuinely think that. El Neny of all people FFS.

Well Elneny could defend, could score goals, could assist and also ping passes around to safe options. What exactly does Doozi do ?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Can't understand the hate for a 20-year old kid. He is doing well and even if you don't think he is, it's not like he's been stinking up the place on massive wages for year after year.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Can't understand the hate for a 20-year old kid. He is doing well and even if you don't think he is, it's not like he's been stinking up the place on massive wages for year after year.
You read this thread and see hate? :lol:. All good critisism imo, and i love him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

he doesnt score or assist. He is a good outlet for anyone looking to pass back to the midfield. Still sometimes he picks out a few good long passes.

Defensively though, he is non-existent. He just gets brushed aside or flops to the ground while chasing an attacker. Positionally weak and though he does try to tackle and get under the feet of attackers, its mostly ineffective. He is a b-grade version of Elneny, who at least had some bite in his play.

He got a busload of chances to cement his place last season, chances that were denied to Willock and AMN, and could not take them, ending up being dropped for the important matches, and didnt start the Europa final. This match again, versus a totally **** Newcastle coping with huge issues of their own, he didnt really do anything that stood out.

Here you can compare his performance in last 1000 minutes to other players. This is Kante (red) compared to Guendouzi (blue). Not too big difference in any category. Kante has played 4 seasons in EPL and is 8 years older. (I'm not saying he is as good as Kante, just an example.)

He ended up dropped mostly because it was his first season in EPL, and faded understandably because his physique could not handle that yet. It affects performances you know. Pretty obvious trolling that Elneny comparison. You will be surely proven wrong by Guendouzi. :)

https://football-observatory.com/-profile-133228-76906

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Here you can compare his performance in last 1000 minutes to other players. This is Kante (red) compared to Guendouzi (blue). Not too big difference in any category. Kante has played 4 seasons in EPL and is 8 years older. (I'm not saying he is as good as Kante, just an example.)

He ended up dropped mostly because it was his first season in EPL, and faded understandably because his physique could not handle that yet. It affects performances you know. Pretty obvious trolling that Elneny comparison. You will be surely proven wrong by Guendouzi. :)

https://football-observatory.com/-profile-133228-76906

https://football-observatory.com/-profile-133228-72316

thats him with Elneny. :lol: ... have a look

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah, Elneny is not the worst player, pretty basic and not good enough for Arsenal. He is 7 years older than Guendouzi with lots of experience. I wouldn't have dared to expect Guendouzi to perform so well in 1st EPL season. Those are latest games when he had already faded physically and was partnering Elneny in some.

But isn't it great, you found out yourself Guendouzi is not B-Grade Elneny.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Gonna start for France ahead of that fraud Pogba in max 2 years.

Talking about frauds when you have Özil in your name. :lol:

Douzi will be class hopefully we extend his contract as soon as possible because Zidane will come calling soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom