• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

Going by some comments on here it seems the team against Newcastle has to stay until they start dropping performance before anyone should come in. I beg to differ. The team against Newcastle was a one off tactical team to meet the strategic objectives of the fact we had players who are still getting fitness levels to where we want. The team served its purpose.

Emery knows his team on paper and should start prioritising that while putting in mind competition from other players and fitness levels. We have 2 key games ahead and there is no time to tinker the team. We should be facing those 2 games with a relatively strong side.

JoaoFelix

Team is better with Auba up front and actual wide forwards in the wide positions.
Clearly no. Klopp, Marcelinho, Guardiola praised the duo laca auba. Some games auba will be isolated, he won't touch the ball often, example vs Liverpool. He touched the ball 6 times, because he was isolated despite having two wide forwards, when Lacazette is on the pitch, he's clearly not isolated, because lacazette creates space for him, plus his movements and his intelligence benefits Auba's game

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Problem is we had no wingers last season, with Pepe and Nelson (and even Martinelli and Saka) that situation is different.

I don't really rate Auba out wide, although his sublime instinct will see him score goals regardless. 2 striker formations don't work well for us in my opinion.

Hexagon9

I’m looking forward to seeing how Luiz slots into our defence, such as it is, so I’m hoping he gets some sensible game-time here.

In any event, home win.

With Pepe Auba Lacazette, we have probably one of the best attack in the world football, everyone is literally excited about this trio, except our fan base. LOOOL

You cant be playing your both strikers in games like against Burnley at home when you have no back up for them.

This is a long season. We need to minimize risk and rotate them.

Laca is a decent backup for Auba.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Clearly no. Klopp, Marcelinho, Guardiola praised the duo laca auba. Some games auba will be isolated, he won't touch the ball often, example vs Liverpool. He touched the ball 6 times, because he was isolated despite having two wide forwards, when Lacazette is on the pitch, he's clearly not isolated, because lacazette creates space for him, plus his movements and his intelligence benefits Auba's game

They are expecting Nelson to hit the ground running, putting up similar numbers as Zaha (10+10, Laca 13+10). Nothing wrong with believing in our youngsters, but this attitude is pretty naive. Iwobi kind of stats would be okay in 1st season in EPL in my view.

We have to rotate, but can rest the other later when both start. Substituting other out when we are in front in 2nd half. Away games could be better without Lacazette, so we can hit fast counters with Nelson Auba Pepe for example.

JoaoFelix

To be honest, I rate Nelson but for me he's not on Mason Greenwood, Hudson Odoi or Sancho's level. He's still young, he has a huge potential but he's still too raw for me, but you can see he's an intelligent player for me he should start on the bench.

Wonder if there are stats for teams that cause highest no of injuries to opposition. Admittedly, it is difficult to define, like alisson against norwich had nothing to do with norwich.

I remember somtething like bellerin against Sp**s, holding against united and amn against city. And of course the knock to ramsey that dented our top 4 hopes.
If it helps, there are stats about who gets most players sent off. The two might be related.

Since Sean Dyche took charge, Burnley have had 3 straight red (as opposed to second yellow) cards, in 6+ seasons. Arsenal, for comparison, have had 12.

So by all means fear Burnley; I hope you do. But not for clogging - many fans, especially southern-based fans, make the casual assumption that northern town - hard working - lower paid - team ethic - is the same as dirty play. It ain't true. Every other Premier side has double or more the red cards that Burnley have.

Enjoy the game. Winner goes top of the league.

JoaoFelix

You cant be playing your both strikers in games like against Burnley at home when you have no back up for them.

Your play your best players. Klopp plays his best players, same goes for Guardiola. Lacazette is our best player with Aubameyang.

JoaoFelix

If Benzema would have played for us while Aubameyang was there, would you have benched Benzema? No.

JoaoFelix

Problem is we had no wingers last season, with Pepe and Nelson (and even Martinelli and Saka) that situation is different.

I don't really rate Auba out wide, although his sublime instinct will see him score goals regardless. 2 striker formations don't work well for us in my opinion.
Auba will score no matter what. He is intelligent without the ball and plus they will interchange their position during the match. Auba Laca Pepe is one of the best attacks in the world. Everybody is waiting for Emery to line up. Even Rival fans are more hyped than us to see this line up.

JoaoFelix

Klopp on duo:
It's a nice package Arsenal bought there, and in combination with Lacazette is really difficult to deal with.

"They combine everything you could wish for with playing with two strikers. Very good combination."

Valencia coach, Marcelino, on Aubameyang & Lacazette: ‘We played against two magnificent strikers tonight. I don’t know how many millions it cost Arsenal to get them, but they take advantage of the tiniest mistakes’.

Your play your best players. Klopp plays his best players, same goes for Guardiola. Lacazette is our best player with Aubameyang.

If Benzema would have played for us while Aubameyang was there, would you have benched Benzema? No.

I don't believe the balance is correct with Laca as striker and Auba on the wing. Laca is good as rotation option with the superior striker Auba.

I actually was never fan of Benzema. Thankfully we never signed him! But if we had only Auba and Benzema as our striker options one would still have to be on the bench because if you only have two strikers and you are gonna play in 4 competitions for a year, you need to minimize the risk of injury and keep one striker fresh for latter part of the season! IMO it would be madness to overplay both!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wondering about Luiz here. I think he’ll play against Liverpool so do you play him to get used to the system? Could see us playing 3 at the back at Anfield.

Wondering about Luiz here. I think he’ll play against Liverpool so do you play him to get used to the system? Could see us playing 3 at the back at Anfield.

Going to Anfield with 2 defender system or 3 defender system as Arsenal is like that one time in BDSM when you had to decide between 3 white guys or 2 black guys before you get access to your mistress. There is no way around this. We are gonna get outdone there no matter what.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Going to Anfield with 2 defender system or 3 defender system as Arsenal is like that one time in BDSM when you had to decide between 3 white guys or 2 black guys before you get access to your mistress. There is no way around this. We are gonna get outdone there no matter what.

Needed to shower after reading that ffs.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Would rather develop our wingers on the left with Nelson and Martinelli than play Auba there, think about our future too instead of only the present. Last year I wanted Laca and Auba to play together because we had nothing on the wings, this year it’s different and we should play everyone in their natural positions. Laca and Auba will still be together on the pitch plenty but the goal should be to play two wingers and a striker, best for our team in the long term.

I think Emery views it the same, hence the Nketiah loan.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
With Pepe Auba Lacazette, we have probably one of the best attack in the world football, everyone is literally excited about this trio, except our fan base. LOOOL

I think people are excited but those who prefer Auba in the middle would be more excited by Zaha Auba Pepe. We could have achieved that in the summer if we had sold Laca but now it will probably wait until Jan or next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom