• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Yeah, Elneny is not the worst player, pretty basic and not good enough for Arsenal. He is 7 years older than Guendouzi with lots of experience. I wouldn't have dared to expect Guendouzi to perform so well in 1st EPL season. Those are latest games when he had already faded physically and was partnering Elneny in some.

But isn't it great, you found out yourself Guendouzi is not B-Grade Elneny.

he attacks and defends worse than elneny ....thats a b-grade version. He is better at fouling and diving.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Guendouzi is only 20 ffs. He's had one season here after coming from the french 2nd division. He's good enough to force his way into a super talented french U21 midfield. That'll do for me. I wouldn't argue with the experts here though. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well Elneny could defend, could score goals, could assist and also ping passes around to safe options. What exactly does Doozi do ?
giphy.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Talking about frauds when you have Özil in your name. :lol:

Douzi will be class hopefully we extend his contract as soon as possible because Zidane will come calling soon.
Lol ok beksl

boyinneedofhumor

With Xhaka, Guendouzi will play in a certain way. With Torreira, likely another...

And I think all 3 can give a pretty good kick in reply, if opponents continue to think our team is "soft"...

Smail

Guendouzi is soooo good, very happy to have him. him and Willock and torreira are going to dominate our midfield for the coming years

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Stop feeding the trolls guys they love it.

Guendouzi and Aubameyang were my MOTMs from our game. Guendouzi was quite dominant in the midfield, and showed a lot of energy.

His two clear issues he needs to look to iron out this season:
- Bulk up just a little so he can shrug players off rather than go to ground (like Willock did a couple of times).
- Try to release the ball quicker to accelerate build up play and one touch passing.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Stop feeding the trolls guys they love it.

Guendouzi and Aubameyang were my MOTMs from our game. Guendouzi was quite dominant in the midfield, and showed a lot of energy.

His two clear issues he needs to look to iron out this season:
- Bulk up just a little so he can shrug players off rather than go to ground (like Willock did a couple of times).
- Try to release the ball quicker to accelerate build up play and one touch passing.

Agree with this, if Guendouzi could speed up his ball movement he would go up another level, I think he's still learning and unfortunately the more times he gets dispossessed because of it at this stage in his career the better. The penny will drop soon and he will find that perfect balance hopefully.

Definitely happy we have him at the club and any Elneny comparisons is ridiculous.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
i mean people are happily criticizing Özil ...but wonder why a guy without a single goal or assist is being criticized ... gee

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
i mean people are happily criticizing Özil ...but wonder why a guy without a single goal or assist is being criticized ... gee
Your posts on the last 2 pages have been absolutely diabolical. Not sure if you’re trolling or if you genuinely believe what you’re posting. If you’re not trolling, then you need your head checking mate.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Your posts on the last 2 pages have been absolutely diabolical. Not sure if you’re trolling or if you genuinely believe what you’re posting. If you’re not trolling, then you need your head checking mate.

cant do anything about the doozi fanboys... but if he cant defend and he cant attack.. and most of the play doesnt go through him...after a year of being given a boatload of opportunities, whats the big deal?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You said Elneny is better than him. That's not criticism, that's a boldfaced lie :lol:.

Guendouzi is a big talent with a couple of flaws in his game, a high volume passer with good range and the ability to carry if necessary, not to mention his underrated defensive contribution (which admittedly is held back by his poor positioning). I've also seen you and others say he has no penetrative passing which is another inaccurate assessment. Guendouzi is not even a favorite of mine (everyone knows my Hale End biases) but I am impressed with his ability and endeavor in the team, even when he makes mistakes and this is always welcome at Arsenal - I look forward to seeing him improve. To compare him to the most milquetoast midfielder we've had since post-2009 Denilson, a player who couldn't even pass or take the ball forward without having a nosebleed and lost more than half of his duels, is ignorance at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom