• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
f515a2cdc723e72cb4240374697b22e7.gif
Really enjoyed watching that. Cheers mate.

JoaoFelix

Anyway we shouldn't compare Auba and Laca, they are both our player, and should start week in and week out. Auba Lacazette Pepe, one of the best attack in the world. Period!

Anyway we shouldn't compare Auba and Laca, they are both our player, and start week in and week out. Auba Lacazette Pepe, one of the best attack in the world. Period!

Like before it lack balance with Auba and Lacazette not being a true wide-forwards. Also it is a huge risk starting both. The season is 4 competitions, a lot of games with heavy schedule. We need to minimize risk of injuries and you do that by rotating your two forwards. As Auba is superior striker here it is better Laca warm the bench for better part of the season.

I really hope Emery is not going to start them together. Would be too risky! Rotation is the way forward with these two!

JoaoFelix

All the biggest club in the world play their biggest star. What the hell are you talking about? Does Real keep Benzema on the bench? Does Paris keep Cavani and Mbappe on the bench? No Does Barca keep Suarez on the bench? No! You play your best player. What the hell is this mentality?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

How much of those minutes are from the wide forward position for Auba?

Yeah I knew someone will bring that argument up. It's two-sided sword. Because last season Lacazette dropped deeper and made space for Auba when he was on the wing. I think they also switched positions, I saw Laca dribbling in the sidelines sometimes.

So while Auba was on the wing, he wasn't necessarily a winger in the basic sense. So in this way you have to take into account that Laca was not in the box all the time like strikers usually maybe, which affects his numbers too.

So to me this argument doesn't make Auba clearly superior player last season (I do think he is better than Lacazette overall, also older). Auba had a bit better season than Laca, that's it.

Yeah I knew someone will bring that argument up. It's two-sided sword. Because last season Lacazette dropped deeper and made space for Auba when he was on the wing. I think they also switched positions, I saw Laca dribbling in the sidelines sometimes.

So while Auba was on the wing, he wasn't necessarily a winger in the basic sense. So in this way you have to take into account that Laca was not in the box all the time like strikers usually maybe, which affects his numbers too.

So to me this argument doesn't make Auba clearly superior player last season (I do think he is better than Lacazette overall, also older). Auba had a bit better season than Laca, that's it.

Arsenal have always played with forwards rotating and having freedom of movement and of course it is easy to keep it up when you have Auba and Laca. But watching the games it was very clear in my opinion that Auba was the wide forward and Laca was the striker.

drippin

Arsenal have always played with forwards rotating and having freedom of movement and of course it is easy to keep it up when you have Auba and Laca. But watching the games it was very clear in my opinion that Auba was the wide forward and Laca was the striker.

Yeah. Well you can look at Firmino numbers compared to Salah. It's a similar situation tactically.

Firmino played 118 minutes more in EPL, and had 12+6 compared to Lacazette's 13+8.

I'm sure people also shout how bad player Firmino is with those numbers.

PS. It seems Transfermarkt stats are wrong compared to Premier League site. This has been the case with Laca & Firmino this far. I took it into account when calculating goal contributions to Auba & Laca.

Yeah. Well you can look at Firmino numbers compared to Salah. It's a similar situation tactically.

Firmino played 118 minutes more in EPL, and had 12+6 compared to Lacazette's 13+8.

I'm sure people also shout how bad player Firmino is with those numbers.

PS. It seems Transfermarkt stats are wrong compared to Premier League site. This has been the case with Laca & Firmino this far. I took it into account when calculating goal contributions to Auba & Laca.

I get why some people like to think of Lacazette as our Firmino but I don't think the clubs play the same system. Firmino game is all about bringing Salah and Mane into goal scoring positions meanwhile I think Lacazette should be at the end of the cut backs from the full backs! So I would expect Lacazette to score more and tbh I would expect him to outscore Firimno by more than one goals if we look at the systems of both teams and players role!

I'm actually expecting Lacazette to improve his goal tally! Even if I'm critical of him I think he can score more goals if he plays a lot!

say yes

forum master baiter
I get why some people like to think of Lacazette as our Firmino but I don't think the clubs play the same system. Firmino game is all about bringing Salah and Mane into goal scoring positions meanwhile I think Lacazette should be at the end of the cut backs from the full backs! So I would expect Lacazette to score more and tbh I would expect him to outscore Firimno by more than one goals if we look at the systems of both teams and players role!

I'm actually expecting Lacazette to improve his goal tally! Even if I'm critical of him I think he can score more goals if he plays a lot!

When you put it like that then Lacazette’s stats are even more impressive!

Firmino’s game is all about bringing Salah and Mane into play but he only got 8 assists! Lacazette got 13 assists (and scored more goals) even though he played fewer minutes and it is not even his job to create chances for others! Wow!

drippin

Well, to Lacazette's favour, his wingers have been like Mkhi & Iwobi plus of course Auba. You cannot get very good stats when at least one of your wingers is very much worse than the player you compare to.

Here you can see they are pretty equal, but Firmino is of course a bit better defending I think.

0_Arsenal-1-LPNG.png

"Aubameyang’s xG for the season equals 14.98. This indicates he should have scored around 15 goals given the chances bestowed to him and, to his credit, the Gabonese international has scored 17 so far this campaign.

Lacazette however has an xG total of just 9.06, demonstrating his has been presented fewer quality goalscoring opportunities than his team-mate this season. However impressively, he is outperforming that xG total by nearly four goals."

This tells the same story, that it was Auba who was "going for goal" tactically eventhough sometimes winger. Not sure how those penalty goals affect Auba's xG here.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/better-griezmann-son-firmino-alexandre-16064716

Well, to Lacazette's favour, his wingers have been like Mkhi & Iwobi plus of course Auba. You cannot get very good stats when at least one of your wingers is very much worse than the player you compare to.

Here you can see they are pretty equal, but Firmino is of course a bit better defending I think.

0_Arsenal-1-LPNG.png

"Aubameyang’s xG for the season equals 14.98. This indicates he should have scored around 15 goals given the chances bestowed to him and, to his credit, the Gabonese international has scored 17 so far this campaign.

Lacazette however has an xG total of just 9.06, demonstrating his has been presented fewer quality goalscoring opportunities than his team-mate this season. However impressively, he is outperforming that xG total by nearly four goals."

This tells the same story, that it was Auba who was "going for goal" tactically eventhough sometimes winger.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/better-griezmann-son-firmino-alexandre-16064716

Cheers for the stats mate. They make for interesting reading! Still hoping for Laca to improve his goal tally this season in the league given that he will play ahead of Auba!

My main reason for not playing them together is as I've pointed out before it is risky to have them both on the field together with no backup striker for them!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The one good thing about the Laca thread is that its very easy to spot the poverty posters in this place. They all have this thread bookmarked to jump on any new post to spew their anti-Lacazette agenda.

At first I wasn't sure if they were just trolling to trigger people but it turns out they are actually serious :lol: . Can't even begin to imagine the pure hate and self-loathing they feel when they suppress a cheer every time he scores an important goal/assists or links up with Auba. The horror when he got player of the season.

tenor.gif

Somehow they convinced themselves they are bringing actual arguments to the table, yet they get slapped about with straight facts time and again.

I agree with them that football can be very complicated and confusing because results and stats don't always tell the complete story and need interpretation, which is hard. It actually requires you to analyze play, learn about tactics, understand how players work together as a team and what contributes to the end results like goals and victories (it's not just the guy who puts the ball into the back of the net, just like it's not just the keeper who concedes :eek:). When I realized that when I was a kid it opened up my eyes to a whole other dimension to this game.

GunnerUK

Can’t be bothered to defend Lacazette’s numbers again, but they were actually fantastic last season. Here’s my post explaining why, even though it will just get ignored - link

Just out of curiosity, how did you insert link to exact post on previous thread.?

Good read about Lacca also you made some key points

GunnerUK

I can’t name a striker that I’ll take over Aubamyeang or Laccazette and swap them both are WC strikers but the most important thing is their relationship. They get on very well and that is a crucial factor for building Momentum and chemistry.

say yes

forum master baiter
Just out of curiosity, how did you insert link to exact post on previous thread.?

Good read about Lacca also you made some key points
If you click on the timestamp on any individual post (left of the report button) you get a direct link to that post.

drippin

Cheers for the stats mate. They make for interesting reading! Still hoping for Laca to improve his goal tally this season in the league given that he will play ahead of Auba!

My main reason for not playing them together is as I've pointed out before it is risky to have them both on the field together with no backup striker for them!

Np. Yeah, me too. Rotation is very much needed without Nketiah. Pepe is our 1st backup striker I think, then the youth players.

Auba Laca Pepe should play the top 6 games at least I think. Other striker can then be substituted out in second half. Away games other than maybe top 10 Lacazette can be substituted in to give both rest. And so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom