• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

From 17.3.2019. I assume later he was a bit worse because of his first season in EPL and a lot of games. "He can't defend, he can't attack". :lol: Too obvious troll, but interesting stuff comes up in response of course.

"By the numbers, the fact he completes 89.6% of his 57.42 attempted passes pg and makes just over eight passes into the final third pg at an 82.4% clip, plus completes 1.70 dribbles pg, 4.24 interceptions pg, 0.73 shot assists pg, 2.37 progressive runs pg, 0.9 key passes pg, 1.3 tackles pg, four ball recoveries pg, 5.3 lose ball picks ups pg and is fouled 2.17 times pg, illustrates his two-way output."

https://www.givemesport.com/1460092...-plays-for-arsenal-shown-in-tactical-analysis

drippin

Or maybe just a different opinion to yours?

Why can't we discuss different opinions on football players without attacking people. Attention seekers, trolls or special needs. Is that really needed on here?

You think saying Guendouzi is B-Grade Elneny is not trolling? Or saying Guendouzi can't attack, can't defend, when stats say otherwise?

This is clearly trolling, so calling it out is not attacking, but stating a fact. Do you think we need trolling here?

You think saying Guendouzi is B-Grade Elneny is not trolling? Or saying Guendouzi can't attack, can't defend, when stats say otherwise?

This is clearly trolling, so calling it out is not attacking, but stating a fact. Do you think we need trolling here?

Maybe the guy rate Elneny more than Guendouzi. That is just his opinion, different opinions should be allowed on here without constant attacking instead of discussing football. Instead of calling it trolling you can tell him why you don't think Elneny is better than Guendouzi and try to change his opinion with civilized discussion, you can show him your stats to back up your opinion. If he disagree then just leave it. No need to fill every thread with calling people troll when they are talking pure football.

I don't rate Elneny higher than Guendouzi. I think Elneny is one of the worst footballer we have signed. Guendouzi also is not a good at attacking, have yet to see it, very bad positionally, and sometime very slow in possession. As he is young he has time to develop further and improve. Hopefully it will come together for him. With that said I don't think Xhaka and Guendouzi is a good partnership. Might get away with it against Newcastle but I think better teams will exploit it later in the season.

drippin

Maybe the guy rate Elneny more than Guendouzi. That is just his opinion, different opinions should be allowed on here without constant attacking instead of discussing football. Instead of calling it trolling you can tell him why you don't think Elneny is better than Guendouzi and try to change his opinion with civilized discussion, you can show him your stats to back up your opinion. If he disagree then just leave it. No need to fill every thread with calling people troll when they are talking pure football.

I don't rate Elneny higher than Guendouzi. I think Elneny is one of the worst footballer we have signed. Guendouzi also is not a good at attacking, have yet to see it, very bad positionally, and sometime very slow in possession. As he is young he has time to develop further and improve. Hopefully it will come together for him. With that said I don't think Xhaka and Guendouzi is a good partnership. Might get away with it against Newcastle but I think better teams will exploit it later in the season.

Yeah, well I have done that just above, and earlier also. He went on to troll with "Guendouzi can't attack, can't defend." to which I put up the numbers which show that is clear trolling. That is not talking "pure football", it's saying stuff that have no basis in reality. Those stats above "illustrate his two-way output", which means attacking and defending.

B-Grade Elneny has no basis in reality either, even CIES shows his overall points was something like Guendouzi 78 vs Elneny 69, and that is only the last 1000 minutes.

In some cases trolling is very clear, and here it has been shown in many messages already. Guendouzi is not perfect, but amazing prospect we got for cheap who keeps developing. This guy says we should give up on him after his 1st season in EPL. :rofl:

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
You said Elneny is better than him. That's not criticism, that's a boldfaced lie :lol:.

Guendouzi is a big talent with a couple of flaws in his game, a high volume passer with good range and the ability to carry if necessary, not to mention his underrated defensive contribution (which admittedly is held back by his poor positioning). I've also seen you and others say he has no penetrative passing which is another inaccurate assessment. Guendouzi is not even a favorite of mine (everyone knows my Hale End biases) but I am impressed with his ability and endeavor in the team, even when he makes mistakes and this is always welcome at Arsenal - I look forward to seeing him improve. To compare him to the most milquetoast midfielder we've had since post-2009 Denilson, a player who couldn't even pass or take the ball forward without having a nosebleed and lost more than half of his duels, is ignorance at best.

Denilson was a much better player than this Doozi and Elneny did pretty much the same job Doozi does, and even managed to reach the opponents third, without a nosebleed. Milquetoast is correct as a description of Doozi, and if he didnt improve after a year of being indulged by his friend Emery, then that "potential" excuse doesnt wash. As for duels, Doozi cant duel for toffee. Watch how he is brushed aside by any decent attacker.

So all you have is ability (which is supposed to be revealed once he develops further) and endeavour ( which means to run around like a headless chicken). Doozi is not of the level required and is a mediocre player who has reached his ceiling. Willock, AMN or the Jeff are much better players. Doozi was indulged because he follows the coach's instructions well and was the coach's man in the dressing room.

He is being praised in a 1:0 win against Newcastle where he did nothing of note. The game was of low quality and the opposition were half-baked and we got gifted a goal by their error, but did little else. After watching that, I dont understand how anyone can think " that doozi sure ran the midfield and showed us what he has got "

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Hydro is a ****ing good poster when not on drugs.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Denilson was a much better player than this Doozi and Elneny did pretty much the same job Doozi does, and even managed to reach the opponents third, without a nosebleed. Milquetoast is correct as a description of Doozi, and if he didnt improve after a year of being indulged by his friend Emery, then that "potential" excuse doesnt wash. As for duels, Doozi cant duel for toffee. Watch how he is brushed aside by any decent attacker.

So all you have is ability (which is supposed to be revealed once he develops further) and endeavour ( which means to run around like a headless chicken). Doozi is not of the level required and is a mediocre player who has reached his ceiling. Willock, AMN or the Jeff are much better players. Doozi was indulged because he follows the coach's instructions well and was the coach's man in the dressing room.

He is being praised in a 1:0 win against Newcastle where he did nothing of note. The game was of low quality and the opposition were half-baked and we got gifted a goal by their error, but did little else. After watching that, I dont understand how anyone can think " that doozi sure ran the midfield and showed us what he has got "
Reached his ceiling? Jesus.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
thanks though for hearing me out fairly. I dont want to further spoil this thread with negativity. Dont want to become one of those type of posters who haunt a xhaka or an Özil thread, sucking all the joy out of a football discussion.

Will return to this thread when he does something outstanding, till then, carry on. Sorry for the previous posts if they hurt anyone.

Fallout

i think every possession-based team needs a glue player who reliably brings the ball from from defense to offense. imo mateo is by far our best player in terms of executing these transitions. far better than someone like xhaka who is tasked exclusively with this role.

he still has to improve off the ball (get stronger physically and more intelligent defensively), which are prerequisites for an elite deep lying midfielder. theres no reason to believe this task is unachievable for him.

also, maybe controversially, i believe his lack of positional awareness is overstated on this forum.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He has improved dramatically aerially. Last season he was Özil like in aerial challenges. He was actively jumping and competing for balls in the air and won a fair few. He looked more aerially dominant than Xhaka in the game.

Alot of Guendouzi development will rest on his physical development. He has man legs but a boys upper body. Arsenal really need to develop him physically. Develop his upper body and focus on his power and agility. Unlikely you will increase his top speed, but his jump height and acceleration as well as changing direction can all be improved on. He needs a Rabiot transformation physically.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He has improved dramatically aerially. Last season he was Özil like in aerial challenges. He was actively jumping and competing for balls in the air and won a fair few. He looked more aerially dominant than Xhaka in the game.

Alot of Guendouzi development will rest on his physical development. He has man legs but a boys upper body. Arsenal really need to develop him physically. Develop his upper body and focus on his power and agility. Unlikely you will increase his top speed, but his jump height and acceleration as well as changing direction can all be improved on. He needs a Rabiot transformation physically.

Noticed the same thing. Hopefully, as you say, he will gain some more power. If he does that and also improves his positional play he could be a superb midfielder. Both things can be worked on and he seems like he the type who is willing to learn and work hard, so hopefully he will get the proper guidance.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I think agility training will definitely help his interceptions aswell - sometimes when he's in possession he turns quite quickly but when he is in a defensive transition situation he is quite slow, almost as if he has no idea what's happening beyond his scope of vision. A combination of agility and some drills focusing on that awareness and positioning would improve him tenfold.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Guendouzi bad positionally :lol: Guendouzi/Xhaka bad partnership :lol:give it a rest, lad.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I forgot you had to dominate games that you didn't play in in order to show your midfield dominance o_O

Its such a strange criticism - oh he did really well against poor opposition! Bench him! Would you prefer he was ****?

Guendouzi bad positionally :lol: Guendouzi/Xhaka bad partnership :lol:give it a rest, lad.

Meant to say he is terrible positionally.

Xhaka - Guendouzi partnership is then very bad IMO. Lack balance and both can't defend. I rather see Torreira there with either one of them and I'm not even fan of Torreira either.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Meant to say he is terrible positionally. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Xhaka - Guendouzi partnership is then very bad IMO. Lack balance and both can't defend. I rather see Torreira there with either one of them and I'm not even fan of Torreira either.

Do you rate any of our midfielders? Would you prefer we go with a Jeff/Willock/AMN midfield 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom