• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Giroud led France to World Cup glory with his 0 goals and 1 assist.

:lol:

Yep, was there because Deschamps wanted a target man for his tactics. Giroud is okay, but if I was manager I would take Lacazette starting every time. Giroud super-sub at most. But they won so...

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I think Giroud is a good player. His first touch, holding up the ball and general link up play with his team mates are underestimated. He is better than most people give him credit for. He however has 2 big weaknesses for a striker. He is slow (slowest attacker I have ever seen) and he will never be prolific, no matter who has supplying him. Lacazette is a big upgrade on him. He is faster, his link up play is getting better and if he gets the right supply, he has the potential to be among the top scorers in the league.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Come off the Laca hate wagon. He's clearly a quality player who most probably hasn't even been tapped properly yet. You're talking like he's some Mustafi joke figure. I don't get it. Your argument, at best, can only be 'he's not as good as some people make out'... But what would be the point of that? He was player of our season last year ffs. May not have been our best, but he was a close second. Move on to some other player worth murdering. You're wasting your time and you're setting yourself up for a fool :lol:

My argument is basically that he isn't that good but people go on like he's amazing. Just confuses me as I don't see what others see, but get really wound up over if you don't rate him so it's fun to wind them up. Most of it is hyperbole people don't get, and then get mad over it.

No trolling or tryna wind people up I genuinely don't think he's better than Giroud and I was waiting for years for a world class striker after RVP and now we have one everyone wants to put him on the wing.

Also, everyone turned on Aubameyang so quickly but cut Lacazette so much slack. There was this dumb consensus that 'Lacazette is the better player but Auba is the better goal scorer' or whatever dumb stuff people were saying which was just flabbergasting how people would be serious with that statement. I genuinely think it's because Lacazette is better looking and people judge it sub-consciously.

Plus everything you accused me of I could say the same with you and Özil. So you know how it is with people just being sheep.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yep, was there because Deschamps wanted a target man for his tactics. Giroud is okay, but if I was manager I would take Lacazette starting every time. Giroud super-sub at most. But they won so...

Oh but you're not a manager, you're a muppet on Arsenalmania giving your 2 cents for free. No one asked for your tactical input.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
My argument is basically that he isn't that good but people go on like he's amazing. Just confuses me as I don't see what others see, but get really wound up over if you don't rate him so it's fun to wind them up. Most of it is hyperbole people don't get, and then get mad over it.

No trolling or tryna wind people up I genuinely don't think he's better than Giroud and I was waiting for years for a world class striker after RVP and now we have one everyone wants to put him on the wing.

Also, everyone turned on Aubameyang so quickly but cut Lacazette so much slack. There was this dumb consensus that 'Lacazette is the better player but Auba is the better goal scorer' or whatever dumb stuff people were saying which was just flabbergasting how people would be serious with that statement. I genuinely think it's because Lacazette is better looking and people judge it sub-consciously.

Plus everything you accused me of I could say the same with you and Özil. So you know how it is with people just being sheep.
Like it or not @BigPoppaPump brings a bit of balance to this thread.
I agree with the bolded part, I too have been a culprit of this hyperbole. He's got to produce more this season if this thread is to be justified.

OSBK

Established Member
Hasnt kicked a ball yet.

Salah world class 22 goals
Firminho underrated 14goals or something

Liverpool vs chelsea super cup, liverpool couldnt put a pass together until firminho came on. Firminho didnt score, he is a intergral part of that team for the job he does.

Then you have us, auba is a goalscorer. We saw that at newcastle, but we also saw him lose the ball alot and get pressured off it easily. Auba this season will score 20 plus goals, he will score them centrally or wide and thats a fact. As a team and for auba laca is crucial to auba's goals and our results. Laca has and can have the same effect as firminho does for liverpool, in some games he will be more important than auba and in others he wont its that simple but for the team we need them both.

So this season will laca score 20 goals, its unlikely and if he does then really we should be challenging liverpool and city with a front 3 of pot 60 plus goals a season. Likelyhood is we will see a similar return as last season and a return of 45 goals plus from a front 3 this season should easily get us top 4 and move this club forward.

All we need is for the defence to be better and who knows is 2nd or 3rd that far away.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
It doesn't matter that Laca is not a youth prospect. I would never change him to a bit better player who is almost 3 years older, especially when we also have Auba.

Simple explanation is money. Premier League money is much bigger than other leagues, which means they get better players. As I said, it's not a big difference, but the difference is there. This helps the smaller teams most I think, which also evens out the league. Smaller teams cannot be "robbed" Bayern style here anymore.

So you have no metric by which the English League is more difficult, got it.

drippin

Oh but you're not a manager, you're a muppet on Arsenalmania giving your 2 cents for free. No one asked for your tactical input.

Did the internet hurt the big boys feelings? It's a cruel world I gotta say!

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

No trolling or tryna wind people up I genuinely don't think he's better than Giroud
and I was waiting for years for a world class striker after RVP and now we have one everyone wants to put him on the wing.

Do you even read what you write before you post? :facepalm: .

This is the last time I'm using arguments to reply to your post in the belief there is actually a grown up person behind the chain mail avi.

Most people on here don't say Lacazette is superior over Aubameyang (frankly haven't seen anyone say that). What they have said is he is the better allround footballer and offers more in terms of build/link up and opening defenses. In certain games last season when opponents were hard to break down, Auba didn't offer much, cause he is rarely involved in build up play and can't for the life of him win a header or physical duel. That's not his strenght and that's ok.

Laca is a fighter who wins duels/headers. Has good close control and can see a pass. He is also very effective pressing forward and winning back the ball in defense. His contribution is more than just offensive. He has great finishing ability both inside and outside the box. He can really combine power with accuracy when he fires home. If we're talking about critiquing Lacazette: My main issues: His movement inside the box is not great, he prefers to stay back for the cutback rather than sniffing near post for the tap in like Auba (fine when Auba is there, but when is up top alone he needs to get in those positions). He often takes a touch or two too much before he releases a shot (that's PL adaptation vs Ligue 1 and should be less by now). Sometimes careless with his passing which leads to turnovers.

In terms of pure finishing, speed and movement Auba is the better player. Hence why he is mentioned as a world class forward. His numbers are insane and if he nets the chances he missed last season he'll fire us top 4th and take that boot for his own. I love the guy for the pure quality he brings and the contagious positivity that energizes everyone around him.

The penalty incident had many people disappointed and it was an important moment in our season. However Lacazette has missed chances as well/played poorly and got deserved stick over it. You obviously don't actually read this forum enough or only scan for Laca praise and Auba hate to spew your agenda. Apart from the days around the 'incident' haven't seen hate on here for Auba. The fact you even mention people rating him because of his looks (if you're not a troll as you claim) is just really dumb. Giroud was the best looking guy in the league and people didn't rate him.

You pop in every other thread to repeat the same thing over and over again. "Laca sucks Auba rules". "Stop hating on Auba" (again who's hating on him seriously?). Even when he doesn't play you are in his thread pushing your 'arguments'. It's boring and actually quite sad. When someone posts a reply with facts or counter arguments your level of reply is "fanboy" "stop stalking me" (talk about ironic), or that you are actually a really cool guy just winding people up making them look like fools.

Like the majority of posters in here I love the fact that we have two great strikers to choose from who can even play alongside each other. Auba himself loves to play alongside Lacazette and does very well when they play together. There are games where he's more suited to play as a lone striker upfront and there are games where we need both of them. With Pepe added to the mix we have even more attacking power and we are blessed to have all three.

If you are scared Auba is wasted on the wing, please watch some of our games and see that he changes position with Laca during matches and that Laca often drops deep to allow Auba to drift into the space he leaves in order to counter. This is not table football where players are immobilized during games. Players (esp forwards) interchange position often to make it harder for defenders and open up new opportunities.

Last season opposition fans dreaded the moment they had to face both Auba and Laca and were relieved when one or the other wasn't playing. This season with Pepe people are scared that we now have an ultimate attacking trio that will shred their defense. They won't play every game together and one will have to sit one out once so often (which is great for resting/injury), but as a collective we have much to look forward to.

drippin

So you have no metric by which the English League is more difficult, got it.

Here is an article as proof of the money. Do you agree that when you have more money, you can buy better players? Do you agree better players make better teams? Do you agree better teams in a league make the league tougher?

Also in Premier League there is a clear top 6, in other league's there is like top 2-3. This means tougher league.

And as we have seen in this window, smaller clubs ask ridiculous prices for players, because they can and don't want to risk dropping from the league to worse money.

"The Premier League’s 20 clubs made record revenues of £4.827bn in 2017‑18, paying total wages of £2.8bn, the Guardian’s annual analysis of the clubs’ most recently published annual accounts has revealed.

Their combined income, in the second year of the league’s £8.4bn TV deals from 2016-19, confirms the Premier League’s financial dominance over all other leagues in Europe, which has underpinned four of its clubs claiming all the places in next week’s finals of the Champions and Europa League.

Spain’s La Liga declared this month record combined revenues of €4.48bn (£3.86bn), for all 42 clubs in its two divisions for 2017-18, almost £1bn less than the Premier League’s alone. The German Bundesliga announced similar record revenues, €4.42bn (£3.88bn) for all 36 clubs in its two divisions."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-48bn-revenues-widens-gap-la-liga-bundesliga

drippin

The fact you even mention people rating him because of his looks (if you're not a troll as you claim) is just really dumb. Giroud was the best looking guy in the league and people didn't rate him.

It's a projection. He loves sh*tting on guys, so sh*tting on good looking guys must be even better for such a fancy!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Do you even read what you write before you post? :facepalm: .

This is the last time I'm using arguments to reply to your post in the belief there is actually a grown up person behind the chain mail avi.

Most people on here don't say Lacazette is superior over Aubameyang (frankly haven't seen anyone say that). What they have said is he is the better allround footballer and offers more in terms of build/link up and opening defenses. In certain games last season when opponents were hard to break down, Auba didn't offer much, cause he is rarely involved in build up play and can't for the life of him win a header or physical duel. That's not his strenght and that's ok.

Laca is a fighter who wins duels/headers. Has good close control and can see a pass. He is also very effective pressing forward and winning back the ball in defense. His contribution is more than just offensive. He has great finishing ability both inside and outside the box. He can really combine power with accuracy when he fires home. If we're talking about critiquing Lacazette: My main issues: His movement inside the box is not great, he prefers to stay back for the cutback rather than sniffing near post for the tap in like Auba (fine when Auba is there, but when is up top alone he needs to get in those positions). He often takes a touch or two too much before he releases a shot (that's PL adaptation vs Ligue 1 and should be less by now). Sometimes careless with his passing which leads to turnovers.

In terms of pure finishing, speed and movement Auba is the better player. Hence why he is mentioned as a world class forward. His numbers are insane and if he nets the chances he missed last season he'll fire us top 4th and take that boot for his own. I love the guy for the pure quality he brings and the contagious positivity that energizes everyone around him.

The penalty incident had many people disappointed and it was an important moment in our season. However Lacazette has missed chances as well/played poorly and got deserved stick over it. You obviously don't actually read this forum enough or only scan for Laca praise and Auba hate to spew your agenda. Apart from the days around the 'incident' haven't seen hate on here for Auba. The fact you even mention people rating him because of his looks (if you're not a troll as you claim) is just really dumb. Giroud was the best looking guy in the league and people didn't rate him.

You pop in every other thread to repeat the same thing over and over again. "Laca sucks Auba rules". "Stop hating on Auba" (again who's hating on him seriously?). Even when he doesn't play you are in his thread pushing your 'arguments'. It's boring and actually quite sad. When someone posts a reply with facts or counter arguments your level of reply is "fanboy" "stop stalking me" (talk about ironic), or that you are actually a really cool guy just winding people up making them look like fools.

Like the majority of posters in here I love the fact that we have two great strikers to choose from who can even play alongside each other. Auba himself loves to play alongside Lacazette and does very well when they play together. There are games where he's more suited to play as a lone striker upfront and there are games where we need both of them. With Pepe added to the mix we have even more attacking power and we are blessed to have all three.

If you are scared Auba is wasted on the wing, please watch some of our games and see that he changes position with Laca during matches and that Laca often drops deep to allow Auba to drift into the space he leaves in order to counter. This is not table football where players are immobilized during games. Players (esp forwards) interchange position often to make it harder for defenders and open up new opportunities.

Last season opposition fans dreaded the moment they had to face both Auba and Laca and were relieved when one or the other wasn't playing. This season with Pepe people are scared that we now have an ultimate attacking trio that will shred their defense. They won't play every game together and one will have to sit one out once so often (which is great for resting/injury), but as a collective we have much to look forward to.
Can't believe I forget you when I need to list good posters. Tops this. Absolute top post. Best in a while that I have seen.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom