• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunners21

Was it @BigPoppaPump who made the very astute observation that PEA doesn't burn himself out during games like others? It is quite possible this man can be an absolute beast till he is 32.. The example given, rightly so, was Alexis. Ran himself stupid by age 27 and is completely burnt out now as a player and I suspect as an individual too.

The younger we get him, the more years we get to enjoy his goals. The more the merrier.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was it @BigPoppaPump who made the very astute observation that PEA doesn't burn himself out during games like others? It is quite possible this man can be an absolute beast till he is 32.. The example given, rightly so, was Alexis. Ran himself stupid by age 27 and is completely burnt out now as a player and I suspect as an individual too.

I think with Alexis his international commitments played a big part tbf and unlike Auba who was used sparingly at times by Emery, Alexis had no such luxury under Wenger. The signs of decline were there in his final season with us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think with Alexis his international commitments played a big part tbf and unlike Auba who was used sparingly at times by Emery, Alexis had no such luxury under Wenger. The signs of decline were there in his final season with us.
True, many factors involved so we can't just blame Alexis. To the same degree his commitment to success in the sport must be applauded.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Offtopic: Is this Pump guy your sidekick or what is going on? :) Why are here two Big Poppa's, not enough names in the world to choose from?

Btw. Poppamies means a shaman in Finnish. Poppa means also hot in childish language.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The guy cried like a little ***** when Arsène wanted to rest him, he has himself to blame.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Offtopic: Is this Pump guy your sidekick or what is going on? :) Why are here two Big Poppa's, not enough names in the world to choose from?

Btw. Poppamies means a shaman in Finnish. Poppa means also hot in childish language.

I was just as confused as you.

Maybe Lil Cease was already taken

OSBK

Established Member

The list of players who burnt out at about 30 is pretty big

Tevez
Sanchez
Suarez almost
Rivaldo
Rooney
Kaka
Torres
Robinho
Ronaldinho
Owen
Fowler

Just a few i could think of. But deffo right, prime example is messi. Watch messi 10 years ago and he was non stop all game, watch him now and heis much more conservative and it will prolong his career. I suppose even ronaldo, who moved into a striker role so less running back and can maintain the unreal quality going forward.

Last edited:

samshere

Why so serieuse?

Tevez
Sanchez
Suarez almost
Rivaldo
Rooney
Kaka
Torres
Robinho
Ronaldinho
Owen
Fowler

Just a few i could think of. But deffo right, prime example is messi. Watch messi 10 years ago and he was non stop all game, watch him now and he must more conservative and it will prolong his career. I suppose even ronaldo, who moved into a striker role so less running back and can maintain the unreal quality going forward.
A lot of them are stocky fatsos. I think the much leaner Auba has a better chance of maintaining his output through the middle thirties. It's also why I don't think Özil will suffer from a loss of form for a few more years.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tevez
Sanchez
Suarez almost
Rivaldo
Rooney
Kaka
Torres
Robinho
Ronaldinho
Owen
Fowler

Just a few i could think of. But deffo right, prime example is messi. Watch messi 10 years ago and he was non stop all game, watch him now and he must more conservative and it will prolong his career. I suppose even ronaldo, who moved into a striker role so less running back and can maintain the unreal quality going forward.

Kaka was unlucky man, knees got ****ed and ruined his main attribute of dribbling.

His whole game was based around that and it completely killed him. Same with Torres, the scousers did him dirty with the knee surgery.

avalonhse

Tevez
Sanchez
Suarez almost
Rivaldo
Rooney
Kaka
Torres
Robinho
Ronaldinho
Owen
Fowler

Just a few i could think of. But deffo right, prime example is messi. Watch messi 10 years ago and he was non stop all game, watch him now and heis much more conservative and it will prolong his career. I suppose even ronaldo, who moved into a striker role so less running back and can maintain the unreal quality going forward.

You need to remove who got serious injuries (Kaka, Owen), Brazilians have so much natural talents that they do not train enough (Robinho, Ronaldinho). Rooney and Torres do not count, they burn out even before 30 for some reasons. Suarez burns out at about 30? Are you sure?

The left is not big anymore. The list who are still great at about 30 is even longer.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Even if he loses pace, Auba will be a great poacher for teams that dominate games. What he will lose is the ability to be a major threat on the counter, but I suspect he can be great for a good, say, Bundesliga side or as an option from the bench in any league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom