• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

I have seen some strange and negative comments on here. Remember the boy has recently joined the first team. The main priority is to make himself accepted and trusted by teammates. Once he's got the trust, he can go on take more risks. Remember how Iwobi made it to the first team, he was keeping things simple. It's a shame Iwobi did not kick and taken more risks. Nelson played very well considering he wasn't that great in the preseason. We should be well pleased.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You can see the talent there, but his decision making let him down at times and he was playing within himself. Really want him to start putting in performances so we won't end up having to play Auba on the left.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You can see the talent there, but his decision making let him down at times and he was playing within himself. Really want him to start putting in performances so we won't end up having to play Auba on the left.
Changed your iwobi avi :( it’s hard to say goodbye sometimes:(

Have to praise Ljungberg here for managing to get Nelson his start in forst game of the seasonþ probably not a easy task!

I think we will be rewarded soon enough the more starts we give to Nelson!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not as involved as he was last week. Weaker game IMO. Cant say he was that timid as he didn't have much of the ball to make an impact. Few moments he had was a very mixed bad. 2 or 3 decent moments accompanied by a few indecisive moments, one of which led to Burnleys goal. He had ice on his leg sitting on the bench but I think he was an easy mark for substitution due to his lack of threat today as well as lack of experience.

I still have great faith in him and his ability. He will be a top talent IMO. However these are games where he needs to make more of an impact. Look forward to more.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I still have great faith in him and his ability. He will be a top talent IMO. However these are games where he needs to make more of an impact. Look forward to more
I think we all do, but there is a limited amount of chances a youngster can have and they need to start taking them. For now, looks like ESR, Joe, Nketiah and Douzi are far more developed as players than he is. He has the talent to change that

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Great hit for the goal that was ruled offside marginally, he has so much talent he could be as effective as pepe with his take on's but refuses to try to beat his man....I have faith he will be a markee player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Great hit for the goal that was ruled offside marginally, he has so much talent he could be as effective as pepe with his take on's but refuses to try to beat his man....I have faith he will be a markee player.
I sooo wish he would take on his man more. Hes not doing it anywhere near enough. Not even expecting him to burn them with pace but he one of our best dribblers. Should be using it more.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I sooo wish he would take on his man more. Hes not doing it anywhere near enough. Not even expecting him to burn them with pace but he one of our best dribblers. Should be using it more.
Yeah when pepe came on you could immediately tell the difference in a player with confidence in his ability to beat his man, hopefully some of that rubs off onto Nelson, because he has all the tools to do it....

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He HAS to be more decisive in the situations he is getting himself in, letting himself down. Doubt he’ll start against either Liverpool or Sp**s so you’re talking a month before he gets another start with the international break soon as well.

Disappointed today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Shame his goal got ruled out was very good finish. Still average display from him but he'll still get many chances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom