• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Big Arsenal Interview - BBC Sport

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He did something similar last year I believe, was on a podcast though.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Lots of areas being discussed tomorrow morning, easier to use one thread that can die off later. Merge if needed.

Anybody know how I can listen to this after the fact? I’m in Canada. Would be fantastic if I could listen to this on my way to work (45 min commute).

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We’ll see how actually ambitious we are in the next couple of seasons.

Next summer we need to spend on a CM and a CB at the least. This new regime has seemed to be well run but if we truly want to challege for titles rather than just get back in the top four we’ll have to keep spending.
Bar an absolute madness break out season from one of our youngsters, I agree. In fact even if two youngsters break out and perform out of their socks, we'll still need a CM.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49401513

Very interesting reading. And actually encouraging when taken at face value.

Since they've backed it up with their actions last summer, this interview sounds so sexy tbf.

My favorite part was this one:

How wounded were you and your father by that night?
It’s very tough to describe. You never want to put all of your eggs in one basket or have all of your feelings reside on one match - but when you reach a European final like we did, that’s exactly the feeling you have. So when you finish the way that we did and come up short, it’s frustration; absolute frustration, disappointment. But I was positive that night as well. I remember coming off the pitch, I remember grabbing Unai, telling him that ‘We’ll be back’... and to a few of our players to ‘Remember the feeling’, to use that as motivation as they headed into their summer training. I’m always a guy that’s going to try to find positives out of certain situations and, once I got over the initial wave of disappointment, I knew that my job as a leader was to try to pull everybody back up. I think we’ve rebounded well out of that and we’re really excited about the new season.

This is the kind of spirit I want us to have, from top to bottom.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He knows how to sell it, but we're definitely heading in the right direction.

The club used to be so passive and reactive, basically waiting to see what bone Madrid or Barca would throw us at the end of the window. Now the club is proactively pursuing the no.1 targets and willing to take the time needed the get the deal over the line, e.g., Tierney.

Gursha

When asked whether Arsenal adhered to their self-sustaining model or if finance was injected by their owners Kroenke Sports and Entertainment (KSE), of whom Josh Kroenke is deputy chairman to his father Stan, the 39-year-old said: "I'm not going to go into too much detail - people can read between the lines of being aggressive and what that might mean.

"It's going to be a private matter for us here at the club, but I hope our fans understand that by being aggressive that's exactly what we were.

"Going into the summer we knew we were going to have instruments in place that were going to allow us to be aggressive and they weren't going to be dependent on sales. The guys went out, worked their magic and I'm happy to have them on our side."

Implying there were some cash injection? or just teasing? cause in the end of the day with installments and player sales we pretty much evened out on the 45M figure...

say yes

forum master baiter
Impressive interview tbh. Says all the right things.

We’ll need to see how it all plays out - actions not words etc - but at least Josh seems to be stepping his involvement in the club.

Top Bottom