• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Emery is keen on emphasizing the multifaceted elements of his midfielders i.e. Ceballos being an 8 and a 10. ESR definitely fits this mold strongly, as he's capable of playing both roles to a high standard, and may even provide good balance playing as the left sided forward. I think he'd be excellent in a midfield 3 personally.

Would like to see him start in the EL after the international break.
Really glad he didn't go out on loan.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Really glad he didn't go out on loan.
Arguably an accident considering he's been hurt - however he's consistently trained most of pre-season so he likely could have been available to go and they reneged. Maybe Emery wants him around. I can see him getting more games as he gets fitter. The profile and makeup of the team is drastically changing - much for the better IMO, so I'm quite optimistic about the direction we're heading in. A few adjustments need to be made but this is good.

Where does everyone see ESR getting game time?

On the left, at CM or #10?

Kingofthebongo

Him and Joe Willock are the two I seriously can't for the life of me see not becoming top 6 regulars in the PL. If we were bold we would start blooding him in Now not later.
I don't care what Özil or Mikhi feel - he is the future. I SWEAR to Oprah if we lose this talent to Bayern or Atletico I am going to force Emery to watch CCTV of a seniors home lobby for life.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Arguably an accident considering he's been hurt - however he's consistently trained most of pre-season so he likely could have been available to go and they reneged. Maybe Emery wants him around. I can see him getting more games as he gets fitter. The profile and makeup of the team is drastically changing - much for the better IMO, so I'm quite optimistic about the direction we're heading in. A few adjustments need to be made but this is good.

Where does everyone see ESR getting game time?

On the left, at CM or #10?
The left wing berth is wide open IMO. Would think he's an option for there and also at '10'.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Don't know much about this kid honestly, hopefully he's not just another hype job. Can I get some proper intel on his game?

Nah hes been this tall since he was a 1st year, was just lanky back then. Always had a good build. Looks filled out a bit over the summer, like hes been hitting the big weights.

Well when you have leg injury I guess there is not a lot else you can do!

Just hope he and his fitness trainer made sure the balance is correct!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't know much about this kid honestly, hopefully he's not just another hype job. Can I get some proper intel on his game?
Technical attacking mid. Used to be a winger, converted to CM and took his game another level. Great ball striking, can pass and shoot very well. Good athlete aswell. Very capable dribbler. Only issue is he gets hurt every season. Other than that, hes probably one of our best from the academy currently. Did well whenever called up to seniors last season. Played 6 and scored 3.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s...kind of just good at everything. That’s why he could play 8,10 or 11.

Mobile and tall yet still an agile, silky dribbler who could pass or run through a midfield, and he can shoot too. Doesn’t tend to make the typical young player mistakes and has quite a mature game for one so young. I know people tend to overrate our youth prospects but he has a serious chance at making it here.

RB Leipzig wanted him back on loan/permanent this year and they’re a CL side, that says something.

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He’s...kind of just good at everything. That’s why he could play 8,10 or 11.

Mobile and tall yet still an agile, silky dribbler who could pass or run through a midfield, and he can shoot too. Doesn’t tend to make the typical young player mistakes and has quite a mature game for one so young. I know people tend to overrate our youth prospects but he has a serious chance at making it here.

RB Leipzig wanted him back on loan/permanent this year and they’re a CL side, that says something.

This is what has impressed me the most about him. With most youth players when they are playing with the seniors, they are a bit out of their depth, struggling to bring their game tho this higher level. ESR transitioned smoothly from u23 to the first team. In other words he was ready for the first team. Don't think it is any coincidence Emery gave him a lot of minutes.

This season is an important one for him. Not so much about how he develops or what impact he can make, he still has enough time to that, but more in terms of can he stay fit. Last season he missed a large chunk of it because of injuries. If he is out for similar time this season, that is more likely to affect his career than anything that happens on the pitch.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Doesnt look right for him to play with the u21! A man vs boys

We should do the Ajax route with him

Let him rotate as a winger and just a few cup games as cm

Kingofthebongo

Modern hybrid CM/CAM/Wide forward.
Press resistent, looks to speed up play with every touch and run at defenders whenever theres an opportunity, got lovely weighted passing, excellent shooting technique, can help a lot with the press in the early defensive phases.
I think his weaknesses are all just experience and mentally realizing that he is just as skilled and more well rounded than more of his older peers. Which I think is a big deal - as in elite sport you live and die by your mentality.

Vanfrothan

Still worried he might go back to leipzig on loan. The links have died down a bit since our window closed but it seemed like a certainty a few weeks back.

Now he's fit again it could be back on.

Can't wait for the European window to close!

leo9903

This is what has impressed me the most about him. With most youth players when they are playing with the seniors, they are a bit out of their depth, struggling to bring their game tho this higher level. ESR transitioned smoothly from u23 to the first team. In other words he was ready for the first team. Don't think it is any coincidence Emery gave him a lot of minutes.

This season is an important one for him. Not so much about how he develops or what impact he can make, he still has enough time to that, but more in terms of can he stay fit. Last season he missed a large chunk of it because of injuries. If he is out for similar time this season, that is more likely to affect his career than anything that happens on the pitch.
Don't think I can take another Wilshere happening. Breaks my heart following anyone's career taking that path.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The only thing that worries me about him is constant injury problems that he has. Wouldn't like to see another Diaby or Wilshere at Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom