• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressing, intensity, a very direct team, press very high defensively, But they are naive defensively. But the fact is that they got the weakest team in the top 6. I watched every chelsea game this season, Chelsea is playing attacking and positive football since the start of this season. They didn't deserve to lose against MU. They were much better than them. I think they will start winning more and more games with that philosphy.
Add to Lampard having lesser coaching experience and still managing to play attractive football with intent. I'd say that so far Chelsea has been unlucky and that their offensive performance just hasn't rewarded yet.
They however need to sort up their defensive display which am sure they'll do.
On the other hand Emery is still tinkering with his tactics and team sheet with no visible plan. Might be early days but IMO I think with him at the helm, we are ****ed.

What philosophy? Conceding 7 goals per game?
It's not about how many he concedes right now. As long as he has a clear strategy, tactical plan and a dream of how he envisages his team playing, everything will fall into place.
The fact that he is quite young and has little to no managerial experience at the top level and still manages to organise his team like he does makes me think that that he might come good sooner rather than later.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
3 players? He was holding off 1 player ffs. Talk about exaggerating :rofl:

Besides the point anyway. Trust a fanboy like you to get hurt by that though.

His so called strength would've been useless against Van Dijk, and Matip.

Edit: "Slow. Maybe." :rofl:
Oh yeah. I completely forgot. Laca haters are not blind. They just don't watch matches. They look at the scoreboard and come here to complain about numbers.
Screen-Shot-2019-08-25-at-11-39-17-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-25-at-11-41-00-AM.png

Commentator's exact words - "It's all about strength and balance"
But haters out of their ass - "Hey you know? Laca is weak"

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Oh yeah. I completely forgot. Laca haters are not blind. They just don't watch matches. They look at the scoreboard and come here to complain about numbers.
Screen-Shot-2019-08-25-at-11-39-17-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-08-25-at-11-41-00-AM.png

Commentator's exact words - "It's all about strength and balance"
But haters out of their ass - "Hey you know? Laca is weak"

That's one player you simpleton.

blaise

Really dissapointed by the setup yesterday, practically killed my buzz, basically unchanged from our last visit to Anfield. We stand at back counting how much time is left on the clock and hoping for some accidental goal upfront with some kind of half press where Ceballos is pressing fullback and then he is in no mans land very soon because he cant cover that much space.
So,so wrong. Maybe Ceballos would still play a bad game but he killed him with positioning in start. Only Willock could play top of the diamond beacuse of his radius but even then iz would be **** tactic. I know it is early in season but Emery should remember we are not Sevilla. Ok, we are not a match yet for Liverpool or City, but he is also not managing Everton or Southampton and he should think about that. I dont expect us to go all out on Anfield but I expect at least to see some organised attacking at times which is not happening in our own half.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No this is not true. We needed a winger just as much as we needed a solid CB. Our attack was miserably one-dimensional last season, mostly relying on full-backs and two exceptional strikers to bail us out. Pepe will make a massive difference once he settles in and Emery stops tinkering and lands on a stable formation.
Well we got a winger and we didn’t get a solid CB. How did that work out when Salah came calling?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Agreed with most of this. We havent been addressing the immediate core issues, and as much as United have been poor defensively, they have made astute buys which are now in the process of gelling together.

Our medium term looks good, signings like Saliba and Tierney to go with Bellerin and Holding has been a good base. What we need is more in that area, a signing that is high quality and proven now.

Midfield needs an immediate addition of quality as well. Willock is starting to look like the player who will replace Xhaka/Torreira, but I would like to see another quality addition in that area. Ceballos may not be perfect but he is a player I would like us to keep as well.

Upfront, Nketiah is developing nicely, and so is Nelson and Martinelli. I'd like to see us add someone like a Claude-Maurice and another top quality wide man on the left hand side.

But I'll say again, the manager has to change for 2020-21 in my opinion. I hope we go for a manager who understands attacking football, the importance of tactics and defensive organisation. Emery is not the answer we are looking for.
Think you’re a bit harsh on Emery there bro. He was never going to be a Wenger, Klopp, Pep all out attack with free flowing moves kind of manager. His style is different, but it doesn’t mean he can’t be effective given the right players.

blaze_of_glory

Well we got a winger and we didn’t get a solid CB. How did that work out when Salah came calling?
That winger was also the only reason we had anything going forward. Easily our best player yesterday. Liverpool score against everyone regardless. You need to be able to hit them back.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That winger was also the only reason we had anything going forward. Easily our best player yesterday. Liverpool score against everyone regardless. You need to be able to hit them back.
But he couldn’t score and our CB did give Salah a freebie, which lost us the match bro.

I’m not saying Pepe doesn’t look a great prospect. But for years we’ve always thrown our big money at attacking players. And how has that worked out? Every year the pundits say our defence is a shambles. It isn’t tactics causing these problems . . . it’s lack of quality.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

@Batman I said a couple of things that were out of order last night. Please accept my apologies.
No worries mate. I apologize if I was harsh as well. Ultimately we might not agree on how we go about it but I think we all just want the club to do well so that's really what matters. No hard feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom