• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

When Arsenal fans talk about Alexis Sanchez like he wasn’t our best player this decade it always comes across as bitter.

If Pepe is anywhere near as good as Alexis it would be a massive success.
Completely agree. If we get this level or better from Pepe, we’re in for exciting times ahead. Alexis had his own way of toying with players and was a joy to watch.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
He is. Alexis' style of play changed after his first season. Became less of a dribbler, and more of a guy who arrived late into the box.
he started dribbling until he got near enough to shoot, rather than dribbling until he could pass - and that too often meant dribbling until he was dispossessed

had he played with Auba and Laca he might have been willing to pass more often, but he had Giroud up front, so some excuse for him

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Have to admit I was gutted we didn't get Zaha and wasn't too sure about Pepe.

I'm glad I've been proven wrong. Much better dribbler hen I thought, reminds me of Rivaldo in some ways, In control but not in control at the same time, it's so unpredictable, It absolutely throws defenders off.

Also what has surprised me and makes me believe he's gonig to be potentially a world class players is that he has that eye a pass and intelligence. That is something you can't teach, and he has it! It's because of that, I'm glad we got him over Zaha, now.

Well done Raul and the team!

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Alexis is a bonified match winner! Had that bit of magic to turn a game on its head and win a game ( other players in a similar ilk in recent years were RvP and Arshavin).

However he was an induvidual and his induviduality did impact our overall team play. Slowing down counters, hogging the ball, wanting to be at the centre of everything. Led to us having a real lack of rhythem in our team play.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The same guys who hate on Alexis are the ones who cream themselves over Lacazette's 17 and 19 goal seasons. Not to mention Alexis was amazing away from home while Lacazette is another Özil when it comes to away games.

Why would anyone compare the two?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Alexis was amazing for his first 18 months, genuinely worked class. Although he has a long way to go to be compared to Alexis, Pepe is far more exciting to watch in my opinion.

We need to get him on the ball more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom