• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is what Emery has done to Arsenal fans, worrying about tracking back while you have Alexis, Özil, Aubameyang and Pepe in attack :rofl:
You’re speaking like tracking back is something Emery invented ffs. Same people moaned that we didnt do it enough under Wenger, but now Emery seems to be trying to put that right, it’s some stupid idea. Revisionism at its transparent and awful worst.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think Pepe could have a better output than Alexis tbh.

So glad he's only 24. :drool:

isop

Remember some muppets in here saying his dribbling was awkward and lacked technique before we signed him. What on earth were they talking about? They know who they are. Lads got tekkers for days. Unreal player. Was beating players left, right and centre. Unlucky not to get a goal or 2 today.

It's still a bit awkward (like Adebayor's was) in an unpredictable way, which makes defenders unsure of how to handle him. I'd already said he's a live wire, a dangerous player who worries defenders in Ligue 1, even if it doesn't look as smooth as for example Hazard's it still makes him a dangerous player. And he's showed that against Burnley and Liverpool.

In control but not in control at the same time, it's so unpredictable, It absolutely throws defenders off.

Spot on.

Last edited:

remains

Needs to start producing goals and assists soon to justify his price tag. The pressure on him will be relentless otherwise.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
It's the attitude of a player which can make such a huge difference and Alexis had that - he just knew he would score and could take on defenders and I believe Pepe has that mentality and once he gets his first goal for us *fingers crossed it's against Sp**s* he will explode!

avalonhse

Minimum 5/6 as good as Alexis was for me to be happy imo.

Am I the only one who does not worship Alexis here? He contributed a lot to Arsenal but his attitude I-am-a-lonely-saviour is toxic for the dressing room. I prefer Auba much more than him: enjoy every moment in Arsenal while he can.

aubameyang_black_panther_mask.jpg

People said Alexis is a born winner. Let me ask you: does he motivate the team fight back or he just act alone? To me, Ramsey is more like a motivated character.

gettyimages-930043980.jpg

No, I dont want Pepe is like Alexis at all.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Am I the only one who does not worship Alexis here? He contributed a lot to Arsenal but his attitude I-am-a-lonely-saviour is toxic for the dressing room. I prefer Auba much more than him: enjoy every moment in Arsenal while he can.

aubameyang_black_panther_mask.jpg

People said Alexis is a born winner. Let me ask you: does he motivate the team fight back or he just act alone? To me, Ramsey is more like a motivated character.

gettyimages-930043980.jpg

No, I dont want Pepe is like Alexis at all.
I always thought we sucked the motivation out of Alexis ourselves :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I won’t deny that Sanchez was amazing here but they called him ‘super chicken’ behind closed doors at Arsenal. Long story short it’s about some study talking about how a star performer might only shine because they’re inhibiting those around them rather than elevating their teammates.

I feel like that was definitely the case in his best season here, 2016-17. I think that’s why I don’t/didn’t rate him as highly as others do and he also brought a lot of negative energy to the team in his last year or so.

9jagooner

I always thought we sucked the motivation out of Alexis ourselves :lol:
Exactly!
I remember a game in his first season, we equalised against a team (can't remember which) and the rest of the team were celebrating like we had scored the winning goal. You could see the disgust in Alexis face as he ran to pick the ball whilst the rest of the team were at the corner flag.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I won’t deny that Sanchez was amazing here but they called him ‘super chicken’ behind closed doors at Arsenal. Long story short it’s about some study talking about how a star performer might only shine because they’re inhibiting those around them rather than elevating their teammates.

I feel like that was definitely the case in his best season here, 2016-17. I think that’s why I don’t/didn’t rate him as highly as others do and he also brought a lot of negative energy to the team in his last year or so.
Definitely a valid point. Alexis' best seasons were 14/15 and 16/17 as you say, two years where the team was miles off winning the league. Compare that to Özil in 13/14 and 15/16 where Özil empowered the players around him.

Similar to Fabregas and RVP actually. When Cesc was at his best in 07/08 and 09/10, the team challenged for the league. Whereas the two seasons when RVP was the main man in 08/09 and 11/12, the team was nowhere near the top again. I guess the nature of individual brilliance that RVP/Alexis provide doesn't lend itself to team success the way that playmakers like Fabregas and Özil do.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Definitely a valid point. Alexis' best seasons were 14/15 and 16/17 as you say, two years where the team was miles off winning the league. Compare that to Özil in 13/14 and 15/16 where Özil empowered the players around him.

Similar to Fabregas and RVP actually. When Cesc was at his best in 07/08 and 09/10, the team challenged for the league. Whereas the two seasons when RVP was the main man in 08/09 and 11/12, the team was nowhere near the top again. I guess the nature of individual brilliance that RVP/Alexis provide doesn't lend itself to team success the way that playmakers like Fabregas and Özil do.
They say you guys don’t know football, I say they are watching a different sport.

Tears in my eyes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

That's interesting, but how did he manage to inhibit his teammates? All we saw was him doing great stuff for two and a half seasons. I'm not saying the 'super chicken' thing is BS, but it sounds pretty easy for someone to say when the others didn't step up to the plate.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

That's interesting, but how did he manage to inhibit his teammates? All we saw was him doing great stuff for two and a half seasons. I'm not saying the 'super chicken' thing is BS, but it sounds pretty easy for someone to say when the others didn't step up to the plate.
It’s supported by the fact that we absorbed his loss relatively easily.

League position did not change drastically and others have mentioned we performed better when he wasn’t having monster seasons.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Inter will be his 9th or 10th club I believe. It must get to a point where you just dont give a **** about teammates & cant be assed fitting in.

I loved his attitude but really more probably suited to a prime Chelsea or Madrid squad where the cliques, egos & friction drives everyone on through competition. That Chile squad as well groups didnt speak to others & big issues but forged a fighting spirit to deliver cups with Alexis giving everything.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ngl mate think that’s a scandalous comparison in terms of RVP and Cesc.

The 07/08 and 09/10 teams were absolutely stacked.

That 2011/12 team is arguably the worst Arsenal time I’ve ever seen as a supporter. Without RVP there was no way we’d have been in the picture for CL. Dragged us over the line on his back.

We finished ahead of a Sp**s side that had Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Ngl mate think that’s a scandalous comparison in terms of RVP and Cesc.

The 07/08 and 09/10 teams were absolutely stacked.

That 2011/12 team is arguably the worst Arsenal time I’ve ever seen as a supporter. Without RVP there was no way we’d have been in the picture for CL. Dragged us over the line on his back.

We finished ahead of a Sp**s side that had Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart.
I didn’t really get the ‘super chicken’ vibe from RVP. At times I felt like he was the best player outside of the two GOATs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom