• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,268
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The mental gymnastics from United fans when both Lukaku and Alexis are tearing it up for Inter will be a sight to see.

Btw United sold Lukaku, Alexis and Herrera during the summer and have not replaced any of them. They also sold Fellaini in January without a replacement. Their squad is so so thin and their first team isn't that great as it is. Astonishingly poor planning. Wouldn't surprise me if we never see @Rosso again.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Interesting how Icardi is not involved in the deal.

Window closed of course but it seemed like an obvious one before that.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Looking back on Alexis leaving us:

- choosing United over City purely for cash
- giving an entire fanbase false hope for glory days to return
- ruining their rebuild process
- taking up an important spot unsettling Martial
- unsettling star players cause of his wages
- playing God awful football, but lovely piano
- picking up an acting career
- getting Mourinho sacked
- turning a fanbase against their owners unable to push him out the door
- all the while collecting 500k a week and leaving after 18 months, scoring five goals and winning zero trophies

If Pogba leaves as well that's one of the best pieces of business we've ever done.

Wenger has done it again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So manutd left With James Martial Rashford Greenwood and Lingard there is no much quality and depth in there.

Also Alexis will rejuvenate his career in serie a he'll do well there.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Think Icardi's reputation is in tatters, thanks to his whore of a wife more than anything else but it's just not worth it.

Still find it somewhat surprising Icardi hasn't been moved on as of yet, I imagine it would be somewhere in Italy he eventually moves too but yeah he sure knows how to kill off his career.

If Chelsea didn't have a transfer ban I bet he would have went there, both parties just suit eachother.

Iceman10

Established Member
So manutd left With James Martial Rashford Greenwood and Lingard there is no much quality and depth in there.

Also Alexis will rejuvenate his career in serie a he'll do well there.

Things did not pan out peachy at Barca or Arsenal (not seen as indispensable at either) in part because when he gets the ball he tends to have his head down and makes runs as an individual. Team interplay suffers as a result, and in many cases his passing was just a bit off and found wanting at times. I wanted him to join Arsenal (even went as far as lobbying and was privately told we were already in for him), and he wasn't that bad, but in truth, and in reflection, this was an aspect of his game that I had overlooked when I thought he would be much better than he turned out (good, not great, IMO).

If Alexis does well in Italy it could be as an Aguero type, a role Wenger tried for him a bit at times, but one in which he just fell a bit short in (in the PL).

Last edited:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
The mental gymnastics from United fans when both Lukaku and Alexis are tearing it up for Inter will be a sight to see.

Btw United sold Lukaku, Alexis and Herrera during the summer and have not replaced any of them. They also sold Fellaini in January without a replacement. Their squad is so so thin and their first team isn't that great as it is. Astonishingly poor planning. Wouldn't surprise me if we never see @Rosso again.
Wanted to root for Ramsey and Woj, but now my boy Conte, Big Rom and my fave Chilean dog molester are my best friends. Forza Inter!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Ngl I'm a little disappointed that they were able to shift 500k worthless blob so quickly. Would've loved to have seen him eat up their finances for much longer.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Bayern slowly starting to destroy their own league due to the financial pressures brought on from over-spending clubs outside the Bundesliga.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Looking back on Alexis leaving us:

- choosing United over City purely for cash
- giving an entire fanbase false hope for glory days to return
- ruining their rebuild process
- taking up an important spot unsettling Martial
- unsettling star players cause of his wages
- playing God awful football, but lovely piano
- picking up an acting career
- getting Mourinho sacked
- turning a fanbase against their owners unable to push him out the door
- all the while collecting 500k a week and leaving after 18 months, scoring five goals and winning zero trophies

If Pogba leaves as well that's one of the best pieces of business we've ever done.

Wenger has done it again.

No-one could have imagined how that deal would have worked out. It's been beautiful. If only Mkhi had been a success for us then it would have been perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom