• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

:rofl:

I like AMN but he's not even in the same league as Hector.
I think he means in terms of technical attributes which I don’t disagree with tbh.

However in terms of effectiveness as a right back? He won’t even come close to challenging Bellerin for the starting sport imo.

I didn’t realise how vital Bellerin was until he returned from injury in that Chelsea game we won, we then lost him to this current injury in that same game and it was probably one of the factors that cost us CL football.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:rofl:

I like AMN but he's not even in the same league as Hector.
I’m not saying he’s the better RB, I’m saying he’s the better footballer. How do you reckon Hector would do in MF?

We need Hector back, but let’s not forget this is a player who was driving fans mad with his poor positioning, crossing and general mediocrity on the ball. He did good things, but he was frustrating. People were jokingly wishing he’d cut his hair and were also convinced he’d lost a yard of pace, such was their frustration with the player. It was noticeable. But he’s been out for a long time now so I’m true AM style, he’s now a Garrincha/Cafu incarnation all of a sudden. I can’t fault the positivity though!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We need Hector back, but let’s not forget this is a player who was driving fans mad with his poor positioning, crossing and general mediocrity on the ball. He did good things, but he was frustrating. People were jokingly wishing he’d cut his hair and were also convinced he’d lost a yard of pace, such was their frustration with the player. It was noticeable. But he’s been out for a long time now so I’m true AM style, he’s now a Garrincha/Cafu incarnation all of a sudden. I can’t fault the positivity though!

I've been trying to not be negative but I've wanted a new RB for years. Lots of people go on like Bellerin is the greatest ever but really there's tons of better right backs out there. Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool isn't even that amazing of a defender but his crosses are so great, never see Hector whipping in crosses like that. Without his pace I don't really see him lasting long here.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I've been trying to not be negative but I've wanted a new RB for years. Lots of people go on like Bellerin is the greatest ever but really there's tons of better right backs out there. Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool isn't even that amazing of a defender but his crosses are so great, never see Hector whipping in crosses like that. Without his pace I don't really see him lasting long here.
TAA couldnt hit his teammate last week not once, terrible crossing day for him.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Nah Luiz and Sokratis were doing a good job clearing it out, you saw how he hit that corner. The boy can whip one in.
he can, but last weekend he was terrible, my head was hurting even though I liked when he missed, but it was too much

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
TAA couldnt hit his teammate last week not once, terrible crossing day for him.
Day... Exactly. On other days, he's making Barcelona his b*tch from corners in CL semi-finals, by showing unreal initiative and pass execution. TAA now, is where Hector needs to be.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think he means in terms of technical attributes which I don’t disagree with tbh.

However in terms of effectiveness as a right back? He won’t even come close to challenging Bellerin for the starting sport imo.

I didn’t realise how vital Bellerin was until he returned from injury in that Chelsea game we won, we then lost him to this current injury in that same game and it was probably one of the factors that cost us CL football.
Bellerin is just more street-wise as a RB, which is understandable, so overall he'll prove more effective with his timing in the last third and understanding of what's going on in front of him. That's what we miss right now and that's why we miss him. I was impressed with how AMN found Auba the other week though. I asked myself if Hector would have seen and executed that pass/cross... I couldn't say he would have tbh.

Malky

Established Member
It's mad how much fans over-rate a player when they're out injured for so long. Bellerin is good, but his pace is what sets him apart from most RB's and without that, like you said, he could start to look incredibly average. Guys like Sagna and Lauren, at their peak, walk into the side over Bellerin.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bellerin is just more street-wise as a RB, which is understandable, so overall he'll prove more effective with his timing in the last third and understanding of what's going on in front of him. That's what we miss right now and that's why we miss him. I was impressed with how AMN found Auba the other week though. I asked myself if Hector would have seen and executed that pass/cross... I couldn't say he would have tbh.
Agree. It’s the experience and know how. I’ve just been disappointed with how AMN has failed to utilise his much better ability on the ball.

Trust me, I’m well aware of Bellerin’s failings, there’s a reason why he was moved from the wing to fullback at youth level. He’s very basic on the ball but we’ve suffered from not having an actual right back.

Also RB’s in general aren’t great, it says a lot that Hector is comfortably one of the better RB’s in the league.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

EDThSRFWsAA53XJ

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I’m not saying he’s the better RB, I’m saying he’s the better footballer. How do you reckon Hector would do in MF?

What does that even mean? It's a wishy washy nebulous statement which you can't demonstrably prove.

I like AMN but he hasn't even proved he can be a regular first teamer, let alone a vital cog in a top 4 PL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom