• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It‘s true that he has been outperformed by Xhaka so far, and that is worrying but I still believe in this guy. He is young enough but needs to acknowledge that he needs to improve, especially his passing.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
SMH Individuals posting Elneny has more heart on the pitch than Torreria, not because they believe it for a fraction of a second but because they envisage it will aggravate their fellow Arsenal fans & the “look at me” factor.

I thought we all in this together? Takes all sorts to make a world I guess.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Don’t know about “heart” but the comparison with Elneny make sense, as far as technical ability and passing go. Both are very limited, but I think even Elneny edges Torreira with his passing. I remember some nice through balls from Elneny, rare enough as they were but never from Torreira. With Torreira it’s always the safest option.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don’t know about “heart” but the comparison with Elneny make sense, as far as technical ability and passing go. Both are very limited, but I think even Elneny edges Torreira with his passing. I remember some nice through balls from Elneny, rare enough as they were but never from Torreira. With Torreira it’s always the safest option.
:lol: It's like you dont watch Arsenal.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Set up the winner in one of his early games here

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

I distinctly remember a fairly straightforward pass Elneny executed that was celebrated for about two pages in his thread :rofl:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

The point I was making is that Elneny and Torreira have similar (limited) passing skills. But one of them is laughed at, and another celebrated. I have to wonder why?

Because Arsenal fans opposition fans and pundits labelled one of them as the signing of the season before his form nosedived.

The only thing of note the other has done is hide dead bodies in his villa.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The point I was making is that Elneny and Torreira have similar (limited) passing skills. But one of them is laughed at, and another celebrated. I have to wonder why?
Why? Because saying that Torreira's passing is as limited as Elneny's is your opinion, but its one you and not many others hold, because from where I've been sitting, it's very wide of the mark.

There's a reason nobody wants to sign Elneny. If Lucas went on sale tomorrow, we'd get our hands bitten off.

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Why? Because saying that Torreira's passing is as limited as Elneny's is your opinion, but its one you and not many others hold, because from where I've been sitting, it's very wide of the mark.

There's a reason nobody wants to sign Elneny. If Lucas went on sake tomorrow, we'd get our hands bitten off.
It’s not just my opinion, it’s factual. With stats and videos which are thankfully available in this age.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s not just my opinion, it’s factual. With stats and videos which are thankfully available in this age.
What's factual is nobody wants Elneny. But that'll obviously be because the rest of the footballing world outside of your window knows **** all.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Bro your point was that you'd never seen Lucas play a throughball etc due to him always taking the safe option?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Bro your point was that you'd never seen Lucas play a throughball etc due to him always taking the safe option?
Nah, I said I don’t remember him playing a through ball, he obviously did, once. Same as Elneny I guess. Not very encouraging if you ask me.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
What's factual is nobody wants Elneny. But that'll obviously be because the rest of the footballing world outside of your window knows **** all.
Don’t give a **** about Elneny. All I’m saying is that Elneny vs Torreira comparison makes sense considering their play of style and lack of passing skills.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Nah, I said I don’t remember him playing a through ball, he obviously did, once. Same as Elneny I guess. Not very encouraging if you ask me.

I'm sure there's plenty of other examples you could find if you go back through last season's games....

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I'm sure there's plenty of other examples you could find if you go back through last season's games....
Same for Elneny man.

I don’t understand how this is even controversial, Torreira does lack passing skills compared to the level we need to be and needs to improve on that hopefully.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Both limited passers but Torreira has more about him defensively.

The issue with Elneny is that he’s limited at everything.

Ashybashy86

Elneny is the better passer, but still most of them are too safe. The only impressive thing he’s done was score against Barca. Torreira is the better player. There’s no comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom