• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You rarely hear of guys working their way up the pitch.

Usually get pushed back because their final third decision making or technical ability isn’t quite up to scratch. He’s an interesting player this kid.

Bale and the his successor Bellerin are the only ones I can think of. Sess as well obviously.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
You rarely hear of guys working their way up the pitch.

Usually get pushed back because their final third decision making or technical ability isn’t quite up to scratch. He’s an interesting player this kid.
One fascinating case:
Working on the principles of vision, control and balance at Ajax's famed academy (where he grimly endured some training as a right-back to give him a complete footballing education), Johan Cruyff gave Bergkamp his debut at 16.

Also don't forget Emmanuel Eboue.

Don't know why people are acting like this is a huge problem. When Bellerin and Tierney are back in Saka will go back to u23. Missing few games there is not that bad. He is training with first team which at age 18 is very good experience! He is getting involved an training tactics and getting to know the players more. Means he will just be better prepared for EL and Caraboo games!

Impact

Established Member
Pretty sure Saka's ability to deputise at left-back gave us the requisite comfort to sell Monreal while Tierney is still in rehab.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Pretty sure Saka's ability to deputise at left-back gave us the requisite comfort to sell Monreal while Tierney is still in rehab.
I have high hopes for him as an attacker.. ......but in the back of my mind I have this hunch that he could be an amazing left back. He would be perfect as a versatile wide man who could offer threat in both positions. He would see most of the ball in the final third anyway due to how we attack with full backs, plus he could still play as an attacker. Hes played the position lots of times aswell and has an aptitude for the position.

Symbia

Can't mention a player with better crosses in the whole team, maybe he can be a good left wing back if he has the much needed streght and stamina to bomb foward and backward.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah, classic Ajax academy. Frenkie played centre back for a year, De Ligt played in centre midfield to become better on the ball, they place individual development over collective succes. That’s why they don’t win as much at youth level as you might expect.

Reactions: A_G

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah, classic Ajax academy. Frenkie played centre back for a year, De Ligt played in centre midfield to become better on the ball, they place individual development over collective succes. That’s why they don’t win as much at youth level as you might expect.

Didn't the Dutch guy that was in charge of our academy have the same philosophy ?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Did good for us. One of those who help kick started the generation that is coming through now.
Meh I don’t like him, not a guy to stay somewhere and build something for the long-term, the grass is always greener somewhere else.

Impact

Established Member
I have high hopes for him as an attacker.. ......but in the back of my mind I have this hunch that he could be an amazing left back. He would be perfect as a versatile wide man who could offer threat in both positions. He would see most of the ball in the final third anyway due to how we attack with full backs, plus he could still play as an attacker. Hes played the position lots of times aswell and has an aptitude for the position.

Agreed and at this stage, I'm not sure Saka could be much worse than Kolasinac.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Has to at least be on the bench after that. If we’re playing 4-3-3 he probably should be starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom