• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
No doubt Torreira dropped off but this was after the WC, moving to a new club and country and playing without a winter break. He was also better as a holding DM, playing nearer the back. Iirc, Emery tinkered with his position/formation which moved him up the pitch and he looked bad when we got countered and a bit lost at times too. He's also young and it's his first season in one of our worst teams in recent years. I'll cut him some slack as he has the ability to do better.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I feel like he’s primed to make a huge impact this season. For me, the Kante comparison is accurate. He’s more than just a ball winner, he can carry the ball upfield and he often finds himself in decent positions in the box.

He’s a perfect midfielder for a pressing team. Can win the ball back high up the pitch and has the ability on the ball to make something happen. Hope he gets a run of starts soon.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Similar to Kante when they moved him up... they didn’t know the role. But they are good players and they only need some matches to adapt

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Can't believe people are comparing Torreira to Elneny aka Denilson Mk.2.

The stuff Torreira produced in the first half of the season ffs is levels above anything Elneny has ever done ffs. Yes he dropped off in the second half of the season but at no point did he drop below Elneny's level

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Can't believe people are comparing Torreira to Elneny aka Denilson Mk.2.

The stuff Torreira produced in the first half of the season ffs is levels above anything Elneny has ever done ffs. Yes he dropped off in the second half of the season but at no point did he drop below Elneny's level

He's our best central midfielder in tight spaces , also got the first touch and he nearly always passes forward .

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Torreira is a good passer, actually an underrated passer who is just doing the safe thing currently.
When he was at Sampdoria, he was often compared to Veratti. Not only because of his stature and combativeness but because of his passing ability. I think like Veratti, he played as a 10 and then got moved back so I think he can go up another level in terms of passing but right now, he’s too safe for my liking. Hopefully he goes up a level.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
This man will be our MOTM against Spuds - he's going to score again!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Torreira must start today. If Emery plays Xhaka again today I will start to lose faith in him. I just don't see how he is selected so much, its a bit like Wenger playing Özil all the time when he was clearly playing so poorly. I want to see Torreira Willock Cebellos, each one is perfect for a Derby, they will be at Sp**s players every second of the game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Stick him in the N0,10 position and let him be the type of No.10 we need. He'll cover more ground tracking back, win turnovers deep in their half and he'll be threat around the box with his passing and shooting.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Stick him in the N0,10 position and let him be the type of No.10 we need. He'll cover more ground tracking back, win turnovers deep in their half and he'll be threat around the box with his passing and shooting.

Weren’t you one of those who laughed at me when I wishlisted Mourinho?

That move is straight out of his playbook.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
The further forward you play him, the worse he gets imo. Play him as the deepest midfielder and surround him with passers who will bring the ball forward while Torreira is occupied with the defensive side of the game.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Started off as a winger didn't he? Not sure where the idea has come from that he can't play further forward. Not that I would prefer him there, mind.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We have a fetisch for shifting players around.
We stick acms down as dms
Anybody can play fullback

It is good to be great att defending, it takes all kinds

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Weren’t you one of those who laughed at me when I wishlisted Mourinho?

That move is straight out of his playbook.
I’d never laugh at you lad. I’d have rolled out the red carpet for Zippy and Bungle to manage us in the bitter end. Torreira has the flare to be that man... Give him his wings and let him bang, I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom