• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Bejesus, it was an oversight. Pepe has shown signs of what he can do but the team needs more end product from him too, all I’m saying.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Pepe looks hesitant, like he is somewhat holding back and not fully committing to beating his man. Plenty of times today I thought he had space to run and take on his man at pace but he kinda turned back on himself.

The man needs a goal badly, he seems to be playing with little confidence like he doesn't belong yet. I still believe he will rip it up once he gets going but I suppose he has just played against Liverpool and Sp**s for his first two starts, bring on the Watford, Frankfurt and Villa for him to smash!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Looked fast, skiful & tricky but woeful decision making with his final ball today.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He was excellent today, he's a ball carrier and an excellent one at that. We've lacked someone like him for ages. He assisted today and helped create plenty more chances for us. How can people be critical of him I don't know. Goals will come but we're geared toward getting goals for Auba and Laca more than we're reliant on goals from a winger.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pepe made Robertson who was in PFA team of the year s**t himself everytime pepe run at him against burnley was decent and today too.

What my worry with him he seem love having the ball and dribbling too much instead of passing when he under pressure

isop

Good performance imo, don't know what you guys are blabbering on about. Only his 2nd start for the club and they've been away to Liverpool and a NLD ffs.

I'm wondering what game some were watching as well. People are being harsh on Pepe here. I agree he can look clumsy on the ball with his unorthodox dribbling style, and sometimes loses it because of that, but I thought overall he dribbled and created well and was a constant threat every time he got the ball. Still got an assist.

Needs time. And a goal for more confidence in his shooting. We were fleeced at £72m though. Should have been around £60m really imo. The expectations are extremely high because of his pricetag.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was fine. Some excellent ball carrying and is surprisingly very good at retaining possession at the end. Final ball/shot needs work but, at the risk of rising ire from Emerys supporters, I don't think the way we are playing really manages to get him more touches closer to goal to make those plays often enough. Lots of aimless crossing otherwise.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
His dribbling/close control makes us such a better team, he can actually hold the ball in attacking positions without panicking/losing the ball. Has that Özil effect. Can‘t help but love him.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Not sure emery is a good fit for him as a manager and I hope it doesn’t cost him here. But so far it’s only the end product that’s missing. He’s done OK otherwise

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
I'll give him plenty of time but he looks rather one-footed. To the point that I can see it having quite the impact on his decision making and time he takes on the ball.

GunnerShy

I reckon he’s the real deal. Has a bag of tricks. The guys are to scared to go near him when he has the ball, they all sit off him

Gooner_girl14

I'm being harsh but I think he was wasteful today. You can tell defenders don't like playing against him but because we're so hopeless defensively, we need him to really hit the ground running and produce more end product. It's great he got an assist today but he probably should have scored, and some of his shots were frustratingly way off target. Still, gotta remember it's only his 2nd start and he has way too much in his locker not to make it here. I just hope his sharpness and decision-making improve ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom