• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

morpho

Established Member
Dont understand Emerys love for Xhaka, but apart from that, I think he did good today. We litteraly gifted them the first half, and showed caracter for the second one. Its clear that we still is a team in progress. Not just defence, but also our new signings need time to gel. 4.th will be a struggle.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

:lol: Take a deep breath. It's a long season and Sp**s/Chelsea/United are just as flawed as this team. Once Pepe settles in things will get better I think, especially with Hector and Tierney coming back into the fold.
No I will not take a deep breath, United are selling their whole squad and are two injuries away of playing an attack with an average age of 18. Chelsea have a transfer ban, a young squad and an inexperienced manager. Tottenham have HALF a squad that wants to leave. Emery got a **** load of good players, a squad filled with talent, all he needs to do is get top 4 and he’s such a coward he’s blowing it.

CJJ

Established Member
SQUOTE="Taylor Gang Gunners, post: 4908482, member: 55898"]He’s faced 9- saved 0.[/QUOTE]
Statistically that's pretty poor actually.

Toast

Established Member
That first goal was such a ****ing ****show as well. We were in control, no problems whatsoever and then out of nowhere four consecutive errors for Eriksen to tap it in.

1. Sokratis goes in for a ball he should stay away from and loses the header.
2. Luiz aggressively lunges in at the half way line and gets easily turned like a *****.
3. Leno doesn't hold onto a pretty tame shot.
4. Sokratis is simply jogging back, not keeping an eye on Eriksen.

And all that just from their goalkeeper hoofing it up field. **** me.

Malky

Established Member
Seeing how much joy we were getting down the left against Sanchez makes me pissed that Tierney is injured. He would of sent Sanchez back to Colombia.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
So because they win the league, that excuses Pep from any game they drop points in even when he was to blame? We should have won today but pinning it on Emery is stupid when the goals we conceded were so obviously clear individual mistakes and dominated the entire game. Exactly like city did in the first game week and City fans rightly don't blame Pep for that draw like I said.
City has a plan, they play tiki taka... Liverpool has a plan, they press like demons and kill you with pace and direct football.

What is our plan? With Wenger we were known for playing beautifully, maybe at the end that got badly. But with Emery we still don’t know what is our plan, what we play for? Counters? Building from behind? High pressure? Quick tempo? Slow builds? Tiki taka?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
No I will not take a deep breath, United are selling their whole squad and are two injuries away of playing an attack with an average age of 18. Chelsea have a transfer ban, a young squad and an inexperienced manager. Tottenham have HALF a squad that wants to leave. Emery got a **** load of good players, a squad filled with talent, all he needs to do is get top 4 and he’s such a coward he’s blowing it.
3 players out of 25 is not half. And people say @Trilly can't do maths.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's daft really, we are a few sales from being better. Because Emery feels obliged to play the likes of Mkhi just because he is on a big wage.
But he never felt obliged to play Özil who is on the biggest wage. We need to sell the dross or not play them. They aren't winning us points.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Why people calling pepe average everytime he get the ball he dangerous he maybe bit selfish.
Way too early to judge him, but his final ball was hit or miss today. Messed up several attacking opportunities by lofting crossfield balls which were easily cut out, not to mention his shooting lacked composure. Obviously still have high hopes for him.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
That first goal was such a ****ing ****show as well. We were in control, no problems whatsoever and then out of nowhere four consecutive errors for Eriksen to tap it in.

1. Sokratis goes in for a ball he should stay away from and loses the header.
2. Luiz aggressively lunges in at the half way line and gets easily turned like a *****.
3. Leno doesn't hold onto a pretty tame shot.
4. Sokratis is simply jogging back, not keeping an eye on Eriksen.

And all that just from their goalkeeper hoofing it up field. **** me.
Sp**s are extremely effective on the counter. We are extremely weak conceding counters.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Aurier that’s 4, **** me, when your only comeback is cherry picking me on my count I know I’m right.
Vertoghen isn't trying to leave iirc, he just wants a longer contract than the one on offer. And you're not right because it's impossible to blow 3rd place on September 1.

Ashybashy86

Midfield cost us today. Emery had to shoehorn all of Xhaka Torreira and Guendouzi together. Thankfully Guendouzi was brilliant because the other 2 were not up to par, especially Xhaka who played the full 90 and sucked the whole time.

Emery then did good bringing on Ceballos but ****ed that up after. He had the chance to bring on Özil, Willock or even Nelson ahead of Mhkitaryan but he still brought in Mhki who predictably was ineffective. I know everyones down on Reiss right now but I would still back him way more than Mhki. Özil not fit but would still back him over Mhki. Willock would have given us some presence. That was a very bad decision.

Our defenders were the usual. Attackers were pretty decent when involved but I don't think they work together the way people think they will.

I have to say I'm very disappointed in this result and performance.
This is one of the reasons why I criticise Emery. He’s had an entire season to assesss Xhaka, and still insists starting him. Making an error prone player captain is even more infuriating. With him in midfield, it seems like the team will not reach its full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom