• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Amy Lawrence, in her article on Torreira, claimed that Emery wants his sole DM to be an aerial presence in front of the back 4 (thus why he initially wanted Nzonzi).

I’ve no problem with that in principle. Klopp (with Fabinho) and Guardiola (with Rodri and previously Fernandinho, who is great in the air despite his height) want to set up their teams in the same way.

It complicates dropping Xhaka however. Only member of our midfield who has a similar physical profile is Guendouzi, but I feel that Matteo is best with a greater license to roam forward.

Hell I’m not sure Emery even rates Granit that highly given his chasing of Nzonzi / clear hesitance in making Xhaka our captain. He probably just sees Xhaka as the best we’ve got in that role at that moment. Will be interesting to see if this latest mistake changes that.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He had an excellent second half, but of course, nobody cares about anything he does after giving the pen away.

Boneheaded decision to go lunging in on Son, but he never hid and made up for his error in the second half with some great passing from deep.

**** sake Granit will you please just stop doing daft stuff?
I don't agree about his second half, he kept on fouling in dangerous areas, giving away free kicks when we were all over them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He had an excellent second half, but of course, nobody cares about anything he does after giving the pen away.

Boneheaded decision to go lunging in on Son, but he never hid and made up for his error in the second half with some great passing from deep.

He gave away a needless freekick in the econd half which could quite easily have seen yellow or maybe red. Wasn;t a perfect second half either although I agree he didn't hide.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Excellent 2nd half? Really? ‘Ooh he made a few good long passes, yeah he he was quality’ what games do you Xhaka fanboys watch? He offers nothing! Carthouse of a footballer! Charlie Adam could do what Xhaka does! If we want someone on the pitch who can play long passes, we have David Luiz for that! His passing is twice as good also. Drop this Swiss oaf! @Taylor Gang Gunners youre always defending him.

Damn, thought we were cool.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

If killing our momentum by committing hundred unnecessary fouls & giving the fall away in dangerous positions defines being excellent then yes he was excellent in the second half.
Though I don't think that's a logical definition of excellence.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

He wasn’t better. Sp**s completely dropped off and so Xhaka had more time on the ball to pass. Let’s not forget he literally made more fouls than THE ENTIRE ARSENAL COMBINED. No doubt in my mind if Ndombele played Xhaka would be would have died from embarrassment

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Amy Lawrence, in her article on Torreira, claimed that Emery wants his sole DM to be an aerial presence in front of the back 4 (thus why he initially wanted Nzonzi).

I’ve no problem with that in principle. Klopp (with Fabinho) and Guardiola (with Rodri and previously Fernandinho, who is great in the air despite his height) want to set up their teams in the same way.

It complicates dropping Xhaka however. Only member of our midfield who has a similar physical profile is Guendouzi, but I feel that Matteo is best with a greater license to roam forward.

Hell I’m not sure Emery even rates Granit that highly given his chasing of Nzonzi / clear hesitance in making Xhaka our captain. He probably just sees Xhaka as the best we’ve got in that role at that moment. Will be interesting to see if this latest mistake changes that.
Guendouzi is 6’1 and so is Willock. Both of them are the same height as Xhaka. Honestly if height is such an important asset then play Luiz there. Guarantee you he would be better than Crapka

Jae

Guendouzi is 6’1 and so is Willock. Both of them are the same height as Xhaka. Honestly if height is such an important asset then play Luiz there. Guarantee you he would be better than Crapka

Chambers is only an inch shorter as well and is proven as a DM.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Still dont think he is capable of playing a holding role we should use Torreira for that role who is more mobile then Xhaka. the problem is Xhaka is our captain therefore he will start most of the games.

Ashybashy86

Tbh, I don’t know why we’re critical of him. Sure he makes crucial mistakes, but let’s not forget he looked after the house keys when he was little. There’s a mature, responsible player in there, just have a little faith. :)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka, Luiz and Sokratis are all similar. Quite talented, good footballers but all three of them are crazy, loose canons, prone to rash tackles, moments of madness etc.

Having three like that in your team is asking for trouble. You’re going to give away at least a goal every other week throughout the season.

Last week Luiz shirt pull, this week Xhaka tackle both penalties. Not sure how Emery can do much about this.

We got rid of Mustafi but that basic problem still remains.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Each to their own bro. Who knows, maybe he can prove some of his doubters wrong- we’ll see.
Look, I'll be honest. I wasn't unhappy with him last season. He had a decent one but he was never amazing or sublime. Looks to be as if he is back to the Xhaka we are used to with gifting goals and momentum to the opposition. Honestly feel we can do a lot better and think he'd shine in another league altogether as well.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom