• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

Özil and Sanchez carried us for years. We would have won the league in Özil’s first season if Ramsey and Walcott didn’t go down injured. We also won 3 FA cups with those two as the fulcrum of the team.

Also, Aubameyang was a big money signing and at the time had a reputation as a locker room cancer and diva. So by your logic we should have avoided that transfer.

Elneny and Xhaka seem like great hardworking guys. Problem is both suck. I would take an ultra talented diva over those two all day.

And if they hadn't been signed, the cracks would not have been papered over and the full, long-term rebuild might have commenced earlier. Probably helps that Kronke has sole ownership now too.

Auba is completely different. He wanted to move to Arsenal to make a step up from Dortmund. Özil and Sanchez were no longer wanted and viewed Arsenal as a step down from Real/Barca.... Same with Pepe. I never said the problem was the money spent on the players...

Elneny and Xhaka aren't good enough/suitable for the level... Torreira, Guendouzi, Laca, Auba, Leno, Tierney, Saliba, Pepe are good enough, and many of them can improve at Arsenal...

How did Liverpool and Sp**s improve? Did they go and sign players from Barca and Real Madrid? Nope, they signed players who were hungry to better themselves through the move.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
And if they hadn't been signed, the cracks would not have been papered over and the full, long-term rebuild might have commenced earlier. Probably helps that Kronke has sole ownership now too.

Auba is completely different. He wanted to move to Arsenal to make a step up from Dortmund. Özil and Sanchez viewed it as a step down from Real/Barca.... Same with Pepe. I never said the problem was the money spent on the players...

Elneny and Xhaka aren't good enough/suitable for the level... Torreira, Guendouzi, Laca, Auba, Leno, Tierney, Saliba, Pepe are good enough, and many of them can improve at Arsenal...

This "sole ownership" talk is pure nonsense. Stan Kroenke has been the man with the final word since 2011.

Token Yank

Auba is completely different. He wanted to move to Arsenal to make a step up from Dortmund. Özil and Sanchez viewed it as a step down from Real/Barca.... Same with Pepe. I never said the problem was the money spent on the players...

Is this fact or are you just coming up with this on your own?

Also, I love our business this summer but you’re listing two guys who have never made a match day squad and Pepe who has played about 200 minutes. Also, Torreira’s form at the end of last season was pretty poor.

Balboa

Is this fact or are you just coming up with this on your own?

Also, I love our business this summer but you’re listing two guys who have never made a match day squad and Pepe who has played about 200 minutes. Also, Torreira’s form at the end of last season was pretty poor.

It's all opinion. As are all of your points. That's how it works....

In my opinion these are signings that are better than Özil and Alexis for the long-term. There is not and never will be, a scientific way of judging that....in my opinion....

Are you trying to argue that Madrid and Barca are not bigger clubs than Arsenal?!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal have not challenged for the league convincingly in that time, while Leicester won the league.... The FA Cups were good, but the upside of those two players did not offsett the down sides. If they hadn't been signed, Arsenal might have made more important long-term signings, which they are now doing with the likes of Saliba, Torreira, Leno, Tierney, Pepe....
they are coming because we have world class players like Özil, Lacazette, Auba in our team. We do not have any other thing to attract them now. Wenger is gone, and London is not the same it used to be.

we would have been a middle table team at best, without those guys coming over and winning us those cups

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Isnt this kind of risky if you consider the fact that Iwobi has left aswell?

Nah, time to give youth a chance. Nelson, Martinelli and Saka need to get some playing time. Ceballos, Özil and Smith Rowe can do Micki's job as well. And once Tierney is back you can always play Kolasinac further forward.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Nah, time to give youth a chance. Nelson, Martinelli and Saka need to get some playing time. Ceballos, Özil and Smith Rowe can do Micki's job as well. And once Tierney is back you can always play Kolasinac further forward.

Is the wrong answer.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Isn't Martinelli still in the U23? IIRC he's not officially a first-team player.

https://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players

He has an official first team profile on the site. As do the likes of ESR and Nelson. He was on the bench for Newcastle and Burnley too. We should’ve used him on the bench instead of Mkhi, especially seeing as the Armenian joker was set to depart anyway.

Balboa

they are coming because we have world class players like Özil, Lacazette, Auba in our team. We do not have any other thing to attract them now. Wenger is gone, and London is not the same it used to be.

we would have been a middle table team at best, without those guys coming over and winning us those cups

Nonsense. They are paid handsomely. Arsenal has a good history. Özil is on the bench and not wanted...

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Done deal
lyUrTUM.jpg

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Mkhitaryan is probably one of the most skillful players i've seen this decade at his peak. His reading of the game was tremendous, shame and mystery that he never figured PL out. If he could have reached the high level of a CAM that he did in Dortmund last season he would have been such an asset. I like him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom