• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

avalonhse

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Watching the Old Firm derby and Edouard is so far ahead of everyone on the pitch it's scary. He can do absolutely everything. He was a target man winning headers, he was strong, kept the ball, showed skill in keeping the ball, dribbled past several players, played some fantastic passes and linked up well it his teammates. Then his movement and his composure for the goal he scored was outstanding. Only 21 years old, was signed from PSG as a teenager so already it tells you that if he was at PSG then there's clearly a lot of talent there. From previous games he can score goals from outside the box and make chances all on his own, capable of playing on his own and with a partner. Has also played wide would you believe?

I think if we're looking at any more Celtic players then this is absolutely the guy you look to next. Will keep an eye to see how he fares in the Europa League.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Watching the Old Firm derby and Edouard is so far ahead of everyone on the pitch it's scary. He can do absolutely everything. He was a target man winning headers, he was strong, kept the ball, showed skill in keeping the ball, dribbled past several players, played some fantastic passes and linked up well it his teammates. Then his movement and his composure for the goal he scored was outstanding. Only 21 years old, was signed from PSG as a teenager so already it tells you that if he was at PSG then there's clearly a lot of talent there. From previous games he can score goals from outside the box and make chances all on his own, capable of playing on his own and with a partner. Has also played wide would you believe?

I think if we're looking at any more Celtic players then this is absolutely the guy you look to next. Will keep an eye to see how he fares in the Europa League.

@bingobob thoughts on this guy?

Malky

Established Member

Edouard looks class, definitely one to keep an eye on. I also like Ajer (out injured just now) think he's another we should have a look at for a future CB, only 21 and 6'4, and you could give of comparisons to Van Dijk. Surprised Rodgers never took Ajer to Leicester to replace Maguire.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@bingobob thoughts on this guy?
Top player and Celtics record signing. Initially started out wide and has gradually moved into the lone CF role.
Certainly one to keep an eye on if and when we need a forward. He is silky and improved so much beyond what i imagined in the last 12 months, possibly because Dembele moved and he had to step up. Everything you mentioned is spot on.

However Ajer was mentioned above by @Malky and i suggested we offer Celtic 40m for him and Tierney over the summer. Fantastic centre back, originally a holding midfielder, and has been shunted out at right back recently due to injuries. Allegedly AC Milan and Leicester enquired over the summer and were told no.

Thats the two at present i feel could move on straight to the top. Micky Johnstone is one who just moved into the first team and i am really excited to see how he gets on this season.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It will be interesting to see who we will go for next season
I think if we get into the CL we will go for an experienced CB like Umtiti to partner Holding and mentor young CB like Saliba.
Upamacano might be cheaper with his contract running down but he's still very young, if Umtiti can stay fit but is struggling for game time at Barca I think he will be a better choice to go for.

CM will depend on how Ceballos does for us and whether he is available at the end of the season. If we can secure him then we have a midfielder than can play no.8 and no.10 and provide the creativity that we need in midfield.

Apart from that everything else will depend on who we can move on next summer, if we can sell both Mkhi and Özil then we should look for a creative midfielder maybe someone who can also operate outwide so we have more options.

Malky

Established Member
It will be interesting to see who we will go for next season
I think if we get into the CL we will go for an experienced CB like Umtiti to partner Holding and mentor young CB like Saliba.
Upamacano might be cheaper with his contract running down but he's still very young, if Umtiti can stay fit but is struggling for game time at Barca I think he will be a better choice to go for.

CM will depend on how Ceballos does for us and whether he is available at the end of the season. If we can secure him then we have a midfielder than can play no.8 and no.10 and provide the creativity that we need in midfield.

Apart from that everything else will depend on who we can move on next summer, if we can sell both Mkhi and Özil then we should look for a creative midfielder maybe someone who can also operate outwide so we have more options.
We get Champions League next season and Konate should be our top target, regardless of age. Only 20 years old and an absolute monster of a defender. With him, Tierney, Bellerin and Saliba, we could have our defense sorted for the next decade.
Got a feeling with all the outgoing players we could be going in big for someone in January.

Goonger

Edouard did look quite good at the weekend, would need to see if he can be more consistent in his goalscoring in the league this season, although he is still very young.

I think i would still prefer the ex Celt Moussa Dembele at Lyon. I know he would cost a lot more now, but he has more experience than Edouard & i think is ready to really kick on. He seems quite complete, is strong, can hold the ball up, has pace & can run in behind, good finisher including with his head, & seems to perform well in the bigger games. Scored a double against us in pre season so likes to score at The Emirates already lol.

I think he can be a bit more rounded if we are looking to replace Lacazette in the middle of a front 3.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't have specific players in mind but I have a profile,

A 23-25 year old partner for Saliba. Someone with enough experience to nurture him but still young enough to be around to form a partnership for 5-6 years.

A physical defensive midfielder who can also play a bit, someone like Rodri or Fabinho.

A natural left winger to balance Pepe on the other side.

A striker to take over the reigns from Auba in a couple of years time.

My title challenging team for the 2021-22 season,

Leno

Bellerin Saliba ? Tierney
Ceballos ? Guendouzi/Willock
Pepe ? ?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

j3qfqe2.jpeg

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Koulibailly, Zaha and Ceballos.

Zaha will force a move next summer, hopefully we can secure Ceballos for around 60m and with his age, 60m might land Koulibailly next summer?

Sell Maitland-Niles, Mustafi, Xhaka, Mkhi, El Nenny, Özil and Chambers, we will recoup a lot of that money.

------------------------------Leno
----------------Koulibailly------------Holding----------------
--Bellerin--------------------------------------Tierney--------
---------------------Luiz--------Guendouzi----------------------
------Pepe----------------Ceballos-----------Pea/Zaha-------
-----------------------------Lacazette

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If his disappointment of being excluded from CL leads to him falling out of favor totally, i'd like us to have a punt on Emre Can in january. Could be a bargain price and adds some well needed physicality in the midfield.

Top Bottom