• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He only needs a goal now.
Except his shooting, everything that was going around him, you could see Sp**s were prepared to quickly double down on him, but he still he managed to create chances for him and others.

Has a touch of class and with Bellerin closing in fitness, I think that is when we will see the best of him.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I think the most encouraging thing is that he is creative, can beat his man, and works really well in tight spaces. This makes me think that working as an inside forward with bellerin overlapping is gonna be really strong. He needs to be able to retain the ball when things get very narrow to play that role. Something that appears to be one of his real strengths.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This reminds me of Alexis who didn’t get going for a while but clearly showed what he could bring to the team.

I don’t know if people noticed (because he makes it look so easy) but he routinely attracts two or three defenders, and then dribbles/passes out of the trap. That’s going to be huge for us this season even if he doesn’t score, which he will.

Meanwhile he clearly looks like a new guy not trying to tread on toes, was quite safe with decision making and unselfish to a fault imo. For example he kept trying to find inswinging crosses when he could have tried to cut inside and shoot.

He needs to smash the shooting drills during the international break, get the confidence up and then hit that first goal.

Last edited:

ClubLevel

I thought he was one of our better players and was always a threat on the ball. When it all clicks I think he will world class for us. I wasn't convinced when we signed him but he's proving me wrong, first two games against the top 4, new league, probably isn't 100% sharp yet either, when he is settled he will be fire for us.

Also his work rate has to be admired. Never stops running, tracks back when we are on the back foot, doesn't hide on the pitch either. Those qualities alone make a big difference. Teams will also sit back a little bit deeper in games as they know his pace is electric, again tactically that makes a huge difference as teams won't push as high up the pitch.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
The guy's absolutely dynamite, dangerous throughout. He faded a bit in the second half but that's to be expected - it was his first NLD and he probably emptied his tank trying to impress. He found his second wind when we scored though, and continued to be dangerous right to the end.

Yes he lost possession at the end, but so what? He's a forward. What would you rather ... low-risk ineffectual play like Mkhitaryan? The guy's quality, relax.

This reminds me of Alexis who didn’t get going for a while but clearly showed what he could bring to the team.

I don’t know if people noticed (because he makes it look so easy) but he routinely attracts two or three defenders, and then dribbles/passes out of the trap. That’s going to be huge for us this season even if he doesn’t score, which he will.

Meanwhile he clearly looks like a new guy not trying to tread on toes, was quite safe with decision making and unselfish to a fault imo. For example he kept trying to find inswinging crosses when he could have tried to cut inside and shoot.

He needs to smash the shooting drills during the international break, get the confidence up and then hit that first goal.
I was among the few people that prefered Zaha but from the little I have seen of the man, I bite back my words. Looks like when he will come into his own, he'll be as prolific as Salah. Credit to the scouting team and Emery for aggresively going for him.
Btw, I wonder how devastating we would be with him and the old Alexis in the team:drool:

9jagooner

Don't know what you guys are seeing but I still think we should have taken Zaha.
Not to take anything away from Pepe, I believe Zaha would have offered more.
That said, maybe I'm only still gauging him by what I saw at the Cup of Nations.

One thing he's got going for him though is that he seems ready to learn and that will help him

Don't know what you guys are seeing but I still think we should have taken Zaha.
Not to take anything away from Pepe, I believe Zaha would have offered more.
That said, maybe I'm only still gauging him by what I saw at the Cup of Nations.

One thing he's got going for him though is that he seems ready to learn and that will help him
Those were exactly my thoughts before we signed him. Dude was so very ineffective at the Afcon that I reckoned the likes of Chickwezee and Djenepo were ahead of him. Zaha easily overshadowed him at the Afcon btw. Actually if you get someone who cannot tell faces, he'd argue the Pepe we saw at the Afcon is not the one playing for Arsenal. However, when I caught his video clips for Lille he looked very good and I was consufused on how exactly I would rate him. I decided to wait until he played for us and imo bar the chances that he has not converted, I have been impressed so far.
For me, the ideal scenario would have been to offload our older striker and get Zaha too but the former's doing impressively especially in getting the goals for us so I guess its all good.
All in all I think when he settles and the goals start trickling in and he improves his final third decision making, he'll be absolutely top class at the very least.

9jagooner

Those were exactly my thoughts before we signed him. Dude was so very ineffective at the Afcon that I reckoned the likes of Chickwezee and Djenepo were ahead of him. Zaha easily overshadowed him at the Afcon btw. Actually if you get someone who cannot tell faces, he'd argue the Pepe we saw at the Afcon is not the one playing for Arsenal. However, when I caught his video clips for Lille he looked very good and I was consufused on how exactly I would rate him. I decided to wait until he played for us and imo bar the chances that he has not converted, I have been impressed so far.
For me, the ideal scenario would have been to offload our older striker and get Zaha too but the former's doing impressively especially in getting the goals for us so I guess its all good.
All in all I think when he settles and the goals start trickling in and he improves his final third decision making, he'll be absolutely top class at the very least.
Well said.
Hoping Nelson will step up too and our front line will be awesome.

rockofcashel

Henry took 8 games to get off the mark for Arsenal, so in my book, any player that comes to us gets at least that space before we start getting on his back. Personally, I think we could have another Henry on our hands.. he's unbelievably good in my opinion already.. once he gets on the same wavelenght as those around him, that will move up to brilliant

Arsenal should make Top 4.. I would be hoping Top 3 even. We are where Liverpool were 3/4 years ago. The squad is being slowly overhauled. Mhiki out today was brilliant.. he was terrible when he came on yesterday, completely devoid of confidence. He needed to go for himself as much as Arsenal.

We can't defend. Seriously, we're brutal. Sokratis and Luiz are liabilities in every game. But they are still slightly better than what we had last year. Personally, I would put Arsenal 10 points higher this year than last and that will be enough for now.

Zaha will be here next summer, and Özil will be gone. With Özil and Mhiki gone that's another 500k a week in wages, to buy Zaha and another top centre half, along with Saliba coming.

Get Ceballos tied down. He's a baller.

Tierney and Bellerin in defense.. another years experience for Gendouzi.. lose Xhaka.. and we're right back where we should be in English football Top 3

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I still really like what I see, eventhough there are not that much results yet. It seems like defenders don't dare to approach him, fearing he will be past them in a flash.

A small break and afterwards a bit more easier games to get him flying. Hopefully not too long anymore until we see Tierney and/or Bellerin running the flanks.

zilfy

Zaha will be here next summer, and Özil will be gone. With Özil and Mhiki gone that's another 500k a week in wages, to buy Zaha and another top centre half, along with Saliba coming.
Would love to see zaha but cant see it happening unless they get rid of laca first. Otherwise one of auba, laca, pepe or zaha will have to be on the bench- and we're not big enough to have that firepower unused.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Love this guy. But like many have said he just needs that first goal. Finishing is a bit off but he’s gotten very close on occasion.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Would love to see zaha but cant see it happening unless they get rid of laca first. Otherwise one of auba, laca, pepe or zaha will have to be on the bench- and we're not big enough to have that firepower unused.
Why? Wages? We currently have massive wages sitting on the bench so I don't see why Laca couldn't be the bench boy if we did move for Zaha

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Screwed up a few counter attacks and finishing was poor but he’ll improve with confidence and fitness. Just needs to keep up his workrate and not get down on himself.

The assist for Laca was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom