• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 306,330
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant recall if there ever was a such a thing in football manager series that "player doesnt want to leave" and we will start to see more of it now because of the situation at Arsenal.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Cant recall if there ever was a such a thing in football manager series that "player doesnt want to leave" and we will start to see more of it now because of the situation at Arsenal.
I remember in football manager Mustafi was offended that I wanted to sell him ffs and threw a hissy fit. Felt good demoting him to the U23 and sold him a year later to Union Berlin.

ClubLevel

Usually its either 'Player has only recently joined the club and wants to stay", "Transfer has fallen through as player cannot agree terms" or "Player is unwilling to terminate contract".

Although in recent additions you can ask players to push for other deals if you have transfer listed them.

Iceman10

Established Member
Bundesliga and Serie A deadlines gone.

That only leaves La Liga and Ligue 1 (23:00 BST). Mustafi's lack of playing ambition is a joke.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Bundesliga and Serie A deadlines gone.

That only leaves La Liga and Ligue 1 (23:00 BST). Mustafi's lack of playing ambition is a joke.

Serie A was our best hope. They seem to take all of the dross from the Premier League. Looks like we're stuck with him. He'll probably get a run-out in the Carabao cup or however the **** you spell it.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
giphy.gif

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
although you wouldn't know it from all the posts on here, it's really a rather sad situation - any chance that Mustafi could put in a decent shift for us has been destroyed by booing fans and a hostile internet - not to mention a total blanking by his manager

any defender whose confidence has been totally undermined is never going to play well, and Mustafi would get very little credit if he did - always supposing he gets the chance

it's not a happy situation for player or club, and I'm sure it could have been handled better

Iceman10

Established Member
although you wouldn't know it from all the posts on here, it's really a rather sad situation - any chance that Mustafi could put in a decent shift for us has been destroyed by booing fans and a hostile internet - not to mention a total blanking by his manager

any defender whose confidence has been totally undermined is never going to play well, and Mustafi would get very little credit if he did - always supposing he gets the chance

it's not a happy situation for player or club, and I'm sure it could have been handled better

I disagree. We've been more ruthless in clearing players out, and that is a good thing. The list of 'outs' is impressive (900k per week shed from the wage bill). One 'out' didn't happen, but can't win them all. If it takes a few more months for him to finally accept the writing on the wall, so be it.

The problem with Mustafi, imo, is he is a bit of a dreamer. He never appears to self-criticise his errors on the pitch. He just puts his hand in the air, and/or looks at other players. He never has owned mistakes in his rhetoric. He thinks things can still work out at Arsenal when the manager has made clear in no uncertain terms that he wants him out.

Last edited:

zilfy

Before we double the hatred that already exists for him, is it possible that he recently has been willing to leave but no club in their right mind would take him? I mean, would you if you were a dof?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Seems a stupid risk for him. Going to be 29 when his deal is up.

This was the summer to get a longer deal elsewhere or a loan to raise stock.

Iceman10

Established Member
90k per week is not exorbitant for a club to take him on loan for a year with a buyout clause if all works out well. He's still only 27, and I would look at the example of Boateng who was a bit of a disaster at City, but ended up fine at Munich. Doesn't add up to me that there weren't some clubs in Italy, France, Germany willing to take a risk on a WC winner.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Should have let him go to a team and us fork up 100% of his wages. However, for us to fork those wages, a clause search as first choice defender should be included.

We probably tried to get a fee for him this Summer - our mistake. He might have even looked good for someone else.

Tomb Bombadil

90k per week is not exorbitant for a club to take him on loan for a year with a buyout clause if all works out well. He's still only 27, and I would look at the example of Boateng who was a bit of a disaster at City, but ended up fine at Munich. Doesn't add up to me that there weren't some clubs in Italy, France, Germany willing to take a risk on a WC winner.
It is not "too" expensive for the top clubs in italy, spain or germany but still expensive and it is expensive for all the other clubs and not the best thing for your wage structure. Mustafi would be nr. earner.

It's also a big question mark what you get. So I guess the only possiblity were clubs who needed a quick fix in the CB position. I think there weren't too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom