• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2019

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,998
  • Views 638,210
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Has he been injured? Noticed he didn't even make the bench for Napoli...
He played in their final pre-season game but there's talk that he's lacking match fitness. Hard to see him getting a regular place though if Rakitic signs.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Have to wonder what went on with this one & if players are going to use these delicate issues going forward to force transfers.

Iceman10

Established Member
Neymar's trolling of Paris, talking about his favourite memory being Barca beating PSG, etc., has come to nought. Awkward, but no doubt fans are fickle enough to allow things to be patched up within a few weeks.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Got to wonder why Utd didn't make moves for Icardi in the Lukaku deal, it does appear that Icardi has turned off the whole of Europe with his baggage.

Quite interested to watch him at PSG, I do wonder how good he actually is outside of Inter, some players are just a perfect fit at certain clubs, suppose the French league won't exactly test him though..?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey has already been dropped from the Wales squad because of a lack of PT, won't be surprised to see him back in the PL next summer

Tbf he was named in the squad but pulled out because he’d been injured most of the summer and needed to build fitness.

It’s not much better but that charlatan Giggs would never have the stones to drop him.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool got 7.5M for him ffs, all he’s done is score once against Celtic and punched Scott Brown.

Malky

Established Member

Liverpool got 7.5M for him ffs, all he’s done is score once against Celtic and punched Scott Brown.
It was more the Rangers fans were absolutely desperate to see him back along with the rumored long term injury to Jordan Jones and Liverpool basically pulled their pants down with the price. Their idiot fan base genuinely think they've got a bargain as he'll be a £30-40M player in a year or two..... the same fan base who thought Morelos was going to be a target for England's top clubs :lol::lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It was more the Rangers fans were absolutely desperate to see him back along with the rumored long term injury to Jordan Jones and Liverpool basically pulled their pants down with the price. Their idiot fan base genuinely think they've got a bargain as he'll be a £30-40M player in a year or two..... the same fan base who thought Morelos was going to be a target for England's top clubs :lol::lol:

He’s not even that young ffs, he’s 22 already. I’ve seen him knocking about the EFL and he’s looked bang average.

Is it me or is 7.5M a lot of money for Rangers? I’d be worried if they’re going back to splashing the money around for short term gains.

Malky

Established Member
He’s not even that young ffs, he’s 22 already. I’ve seen him knocking about the EFL and he’s looked bang average.

Is it me or is 7.5M a lot of money for Rangers? I’d be worried if they’re going back to splashing the money around for short term gains.
The age thing seems to go unnoticed, they're banging on as if they've signed some big teenage prospect, he's only a couple months younger than Iwobi with a worse scoring record- 10 goals in 104 appearances.
Ridiculous price, in all honesty. I play football with a few, level headed, Rangers fans and even they're questioning where they've got £7.5m from as before this only one signing they've paid over £1M for, everyone else was a free or season long loan.
Think the defeat on Sunday, the injury to Jones and the unrest from the fans has caused Rangers to hit the panic button and pay over the odds for Kent.

Last edited:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

They must be taking a leaf out of our book and paying it over 20 years. The official club statement does say for an undisclosed fee. Probably a way of cheating the taxman again.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Nicklas Bendtner has joined FC Copenhagen. Looks like he's earning 32,000DKK according to his shirt number. (For those that believed/remember the 52 shirt number and 52 grand a week story)

Goonger

The age thing seems to go unnoticed, they're banging on as if they've signed some big teenage prospect, he's only a couple months younger than Iwobi with a worse scoring record- 10 goals in 104 appearances.
Ridiculous price, in all honesty. I play football with a few, level headed, Rangers fans and even they're questioning where they've got £7.5m from as before this only one signing they've paid over £1M for, everyone else was a free or season long loan.
Think the defeat on Sunday, the injury to Jones and the unrest from the fans has caused Rangers to hit the panic button and pay over the odds for Kent.

I like to think of myself as 1 of the level headed fan's rather than being in the "idiot fan base" section. Kent has proven to be a decent player vs Celtic, he scored at Parkhead, he set up Ryan Jack's winner at Ibrox, & he won the free kick that Tavenier opened the scoring with in the 2-0 victory. He was the priority signing for Gerrard, who was wanting him back on loan, as Liverpool were initially looking for £12M for Kent.

The fact that Rangers have qualified for the Europa League again has given them more revenue, plus Liverpool's willingness to do a deal at £6.5M initially with add ons has helped make this more achievable. Perhaps the defeat has made them more willing to gamble as well.

As for Morelos, no one expects him to sign for one of the big clubs, but if he can sort out his temperement, there's certainly no reason why he couldn't do a job at a club like Crystal Palace. He did score more goals last season than Edouard or Dembele managed in a season in Scotland so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom