• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not enough strength.
Not enough stamina.
Plays CDM for Arsenal.:facepalm:

He will be injured half of the time here, with the way he plays. I'll be very surprised if he was at AFC next season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not enough strength.
Not enough stamina.
Plays CDM for Arsenal.:facepalm:

He will be injured half of the time here, with the way he plays. I'll be very surprised if he was at AFC next season.

Imagine wanting a 5'4 DM to protect our CBs, it's insanity. My little sister is taller than him come on now.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Imagine wanting a 5'4 DM to protect our CBs, it's insanity.
:lol: exactly what I would say if my scout recommended Torreira to me in FM. In fact, I'd probably filter him out 9 times out of 10, simply too small.

move the ball fast enough and retain possession ala Barca
pair him with 2 or 3 stronger athletes like Alonso at Bayern
bypass midfield entirely ala Liverpool

But we aren't setup anywhere like that, meaning that he will expend himself for little returns.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
:lol:

Ah the classic AM height argument, was wondering when it will pop up. I guess the only solution to our problems is to bring in a 6'9 monster.

Height and size matter though, I saw Arsenal play with lightweight midgets for years and get kicked around the pitch, injured and struggle with long balls.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Height and size matter though, I saw Arsenal play with lightweight midgets for years and get kicked around the pitch, injured and struggle with long balls.

One of the best DMs in the game were of smaller stature. Makelele, Edgar Davids, Kante even Cambiasso and Gatusso were't giants. Size plays it part, obviously, but playing a smaller player in DM poisition and call it insanity just shows poor understanding of basic football principles.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
One of the best DMs in the game were of smaller stature. Makelele, Edgar Davids, Kante even Cambiasso and Gatusso were't giants. Size plays it part, obviously, but playing a smaller player in DM poisition and call it insanity just shows poor understaing of basic football principles.
Just curious as to the type of players those you mentioned played alongside and in what systems? Also only see one player from recent times on that list.
Pretty much on the fence about this issue. I believe a lot more is at play to getting any sort of DM to function properly.. System, tactics, players all have their part to play.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
One of the best DMs in the game were of smaller stature. Makelele, Edgar Davids, Kante even Cambiasso and Gatusso were't giants. Size plays it part, obviously, but playing a smaller player in DM poisition and call it insanity just shows poor understanding of basic football principles.

But did they do it in a Cold rainy night in Stoke?

Kante has been moved around some and was/is not the Main dm most of the time

Davids wasnt first choice at Sp**s, and wasnt dm really

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Some of you cut a player a lot of slack just because they're relatively new.
He doesn't need slack cut for him tbh. I'm pleased with what he's shown so far, and I think he'll continue to show what he's all about. I just hope stuff about him being homesick last season or missing Italy wasn't true.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm noticing a few Xhaka die-hards are trying to create this notion that he can't pass and has no range :lol:
Nahhh don’t try and create that agenda.

Lucas is very safe with his passing and that has nothing to do with Xhaka. Xhaka is more likely to be competing with Douzi than Lucas anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom