• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford vs Arsenal | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Watford win

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 69 81.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't think they were scared but players need a system they know well enough they can operate on automatic when things get tough . We got so many players that do their own thing .
Scared is the word Xhaka used. Even if you interpreted it as nervous, it doesn't help. Players do their own thing because we don't have a system. Wenger used to concentrate on our game with maybe not enough attention to the opposition. Emery changes to nullify the opposition, with only the defence remaining unchanged.

Manberg

Predator
I just dont see how you blame the manager for this one. It happened twice before so why don't you as the player on the field opt to try something else. This is one of those cases where there is lack of leadership because the keeper should have told the team to move up and kick it long. They're not robots ffs

It's not a case of leadership. If a manager gives clear instructions the players have to follow it, else the manager won't play them. "play out from the back at all times" is a clear instruction. You can probably give it in FIFA and you expect the players to follow it.

Needless to say, I'm hopeful that Emery will have learned his lesson and stopped it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again i don't mind we face many shots as long we keep defending well. Even with Watford 30 shots thier 2 goals came from 2 mistakes just like Sp**s game and just like Liverpool game.

Pepes blue pill

I just dont see how you blame the manager for this one. It happened twice before so why don't you as the player on the field opt to try something else. This is one of those cases where there is lack of leadership because the keeper should have told the team to move up and kick it long. They're not robots ffs

I agree, I think the players are to blame as well, however not chance you can forgive the manager, he wants them to persist with it and they do, hopefully they start ignoring him n its the beginning of the end. I honestly cant believe what im seeing atm

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Scared is the word Xhaka used. Even if you interpreted it as nervous, it doesn't help. Players do their own thing because we don't have a system. Wenger used to concentrate on our game with maybe not enough attention to the opposition. Emery changes to nullify the opposition, with only the defence remaining unchanged.

Yup

Iceman10

Established Member
Unai Emery has been saying in a few recent interviews that matches are useful for information, good or bad (latest: post-match interview w/ Sky). Not a good thing to be saying really in his second season. Wenger could get away with similar BS at times when things got tough because at least he had a reputation (Invincibles, etc.) at the club. Emery is not Wenger, and has to get a bit more real about his tight leash.

ASIF

Again i don't mind we face many shots as long we keep defending well. Even with Watford 30 shots thier 2 goals came from 2 mistakes just like Sp**s game and just like Liverpool game.
I mean this is just silly if we keep getting attacked nonstop mistakes are bound to happen that's how football works.If no mistakes are made 80% of the matches will end at 0-0.If we keep conceding 30 shots we will keep leaking goals one way or the other.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This playing out from the back is a bullshit trend that needs to piss off, why is everyone suddenly copying Pep's idea, its kind of embarrassing that clubs can't just come up with their own style.

Arsenal have never looked comfortable playing out from the 6 yrd box, we never looked comfortable with Cech, Leno or ever, its always been a huge risk and this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Even look at City last night, its just a stupid idea, the risk is far too high just too gain a bit of space up the other end of the pitch, Emery definitely needs to be binning this stupid tactic, should have binned it when it was clear we don't have the players for it and still don't.

Its Pep's bloody idea, his drills that make it successful for them, Emery has no idea what they are drilling in private to be successful at it, for us to just do it cos Pep is doing it is pathetic.

One Song

The only player who has the balls to try to control the game in midfield is on loan and was taken off after 60 minutes...

We subbed off our 3 players most comfortable on the ball and brought on 2 kids to try to see the game out. Weird logic.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Villa and oleh at the wheel next 3 points would have been really perfect before facing villa and oleh.

Oh forget f**king europa league at least it will be good test

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The only player who has the balls to try to control the game in midfield is on loan and was taken off after 60 minutes...

We subbed off our 3 players most comfortable on the ball and brought on 2 kids to try to see the game out. Weird logic.
We didn't have much choice we needes fresh legs Özil lack sharpness and Ceballos just came from international break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom